Video Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Only a couple weeks till Super Strikers: Charged comes out! I loved the GC version and this will be the first Wii game to take advantage of the wifi connection!

No it won't.

Pokemon Battle Revolution came out last month.

No it won't.

Pokemon Battle Revolution came out last month.

Ah, when I read Charged was the first game outside of Japan to have wifi, I assumed they were talking about the US. Instead, it was the first game in Europe and Australia to utilize the wifi.

Thus, I'll rephrase: Mario Strikers Charged will be the first Wii game that I am remotely interested in that will use the wifi connection.

Only a few more weeks until Metroid Prime 3 is out, I can start playing the Wii again. =D

Oh wait, and I found out last night that Paper Mario came out on the VC this Monday. Definitely getting some Points tomorrow when I'm up at Futureshop, one of my favorite all-time games.

Only a few more weeks until Metroid Prime 3 is out, I can start playing the Wii again. =D

Ooh, totally forgot about Metroid, since I've never played one before. Mario Strikers: Charged, Metroid Prime 3, Madden 08, and Super Smash Bros: Brawl all coming out before Christmas. I think I may just ask for Metroid for Christmas since I'm more looking forward to Strikers at the moment, and also Brawl, since its release is close to Christmas anyways.

Just looked up Metroid, really disappointing there is only single player mode.

Ooh, totally forgot about Metroid, since I've never played one before. Mario Strikers: Charged, Metroid Prime 3, Madden 08, and Super Smash Bros: Brawl all coming out before Christmas. I think I may just ask for Metroid for Christmas since I'm more looking forward to Strikers at the moment, and also Brawl, since its release is close to Christmas anyways.

Just looked up Metroid, really disappointing there is only single player mode.

You wouldn't say that if you've actually played Metroid before. MP 2 had Multiplayer and it was pretty damn boring since MP is an FPA, not an FPS. MPH on DS is wi-fi compatible and thats pretty crappy too, it's just not suited for it. I was REALLY glad Retro decided to focus solely on single player. Metroid isn't a party game and doesn't need multiplayer.

MP is considered the seventh generations best game. Actually, it's 3rd all-time on gamerankings.com with only Ocarina of Time and Soul Calibur ahead of it. Amazing, groundbreaking game.

You wouldn't say that if you've actually played Metroid before. MP 2 had Multiplayer and it was pretty damn boring since MP is an FPA, not an FPS. MPH on DS is wi-fi compatible and thats pretty crappy too, it's just not suited for it.

I don't need it to be groundbreaking or anything. A few levels, a few characters, and few weapons, that's all they'd need for me to enjoy it. I mean, the most fun I've had playing a game on multiplayer was Allied Assault, and I played the same level 95% of the time and always used to the same weapon. The multiplayer on Red Steel is pretty boring, but that's all I need. I just like games I can play with other people. I'd be fine if they spent all there time on the single player and just threw something together for the multiplayer.

man i gotta beat zelda....lol i havnt had much time for video games anymore :( its driving me nuts

Please tell me you haven't had it since the launch... I got it around the end of March and I've beaten it twice, once on each of my Wiis.

Trust me, most fans don't want Retro to waste time on multiplayer. Bothering adding multiplayer to a Metroid game is the same as adding one to Zelda. You're going to cut into the amount of development for the story and level design which is something you don't **** with for a Metroid game.

I still remember my first time entering Phendrana Drifts. *gets misty eyed*

Trust me, most fans don't want Retro to waste time on multiplayer. Bothering adding multiplayer to a Metroid game is the same as adding one to Zelda. You're going to cut into the amount of development for the story and level design which is something you don't **** with for a Metroid game.

Did having multiplayer really hurt the two games you mentioned that had it? (An honest question, not a sarcastic one.)

Did having multiplayer really hurt the two games you mentioned that had it? (An honest question, not a sarcastic one.)

Some will say it did, some won't.

I personally think it did. Metroid Prime 2 was a FAR cry of what Metroid Prime was (that light and shadow alternate dimension stuff was bullshit) and Hunters was just a bad game overall that Nintendo specifically made to be an online game. It just didn't translate at all and is part of the reason they decided to remove the Wi-Fi capabilities from Metroid Prime 3.

Well, I will admit I'd rather have an amazing single player game with no multiplayer than a game with average single player and multiplayer. So far I only have Red Steel and Tiger that are multiplayer against other people, and Ultimate Alliance that is co-op. That's one reason I can't wait for Mario Strikers and Smash Brothers, excellent multiplayer games. I'm not a fan of "party" games like WarioWare or the lame game a friend rented, can't even remember what it was called.

Well, I will admit I'd rather have an amazing single player game with no multiplayer than a game with average single player and multiplayer. So far I only have Red Steel and Tiger that are multiplayer against other people, and Ultimate Alliance that is co-op. That's one reason I can't wait for Mario Strikers and Smash Brothers, excellent multiplayer games. I'm not a fan of "party" games like WarioWare or the lame game a friend rented, can't even remember what it was called.

I agree completely. Multiplayer games rock!

On a completely non-related Wii topic, Halo PWNS all of them. :D

I'm forced to get Madden for the PS3 though because I bought NCAA 08 for PS3 and want to upload my draft classes.

Yeah, I'm sad that I won't be doing any exporting of draft classes this year, I always loved that. But I figure if they've got Madden for Wii, I might as well get it for the better system. Plus, I figure if Madden sells well enough, they'll be convinced to put NCAA on Wii next year.

I really doubt Madden will sell better on the Wii then the 360 or PS3. Madden's audience bought either one of those systems, not a Wii. NCAA actually hasn't been on a Nintendo system since 2004 so theres a couple years of the Gamecube that EA passed over as well, I wouldn't think they'd jump on board now.

Honestly, for a multi-platform game like that, I'm better off going PS3 or 360. I can either get the best graphics or the best online service.

I really doubt Madden will sell better on the Wii then the 360 or PS3. Madden's audience bought either one of those systems, not a Wii. NCAA actually hasn't been on a Nintendo system since 2004 so theres a couple years of the Gamecube that EA passed over as well, I wouldn't think they'd jump on board now.

Honestly, for a multi-platform game like that, I'm better off going PS3 or 360. I can either get the best graphics or the best online service.

I never said it would outsell either of those systems... I simply said I hope Madden and other EA games sell well enough to convince them they can make a profit by putting NCAA on the Wii. Theoretically, though, Madden has a good chance at outselling Madden on PS3, since there are twice as many people with Wiis than PS3, which should help make up for the fact more hard gamers likely have a PS3 over a Wii.

They stopped making NCAA for Gamecube because they weren't profiting from it. If their games sell well enough on the Wii, they'll have to consider making it for Wii. If there is profit to be made by putting NCAA on the Wii, then they'll do it. I recall Madden getting very good reviews on Wii, but last year most people who got a Wii already had Madden for another system, and didn't want to buy a second copy. Madden for Wii should sell a lot better this year, and if it does well enough, you can bet they'll strongly consider bringing their NCAA title back to Nintendo. If they're bright, they already are in the process of making it, because there is a lot more opportunity for profit from selling it for the Wii than there is for the PS3, since their are twice as many people with Wiis as PS3s.

I mean, they're already bringing FIFA and NBA over to Wii after not having them for the launch year, while Tiger and Madden are already on Wii. If the Wii continues its popularity, EA is gonna have no choice but to bring NHL and NCAA over to the Wii, it's where they're gonna be able to make money.

P.S. Stupid Wikipedia says NHL 08 is coming out for Wii, time to edit that away since it isn't true. I had my hopes up until I couldn't even find it on the EA store.

P.S.S. I don't know about Madden, but I think the graphics for NCAA on 360 are horrible. Cornerbacks look like linebackers, linemen have beer guts. I realize pads are big and linemen are fat, but give me a break. Shoulder pads shouldn't go halfway up the helmet and almost no college players look like they haven't stood up in a year. Heck, only a few older NFLers look like that (ie Sam Adams).

P.S.S.S. Mario Kart Wii has been announced for Q1 2008!

Anyone who gets Super Strikers, put your friend code here so we can play!

My Wii Friend Code: 3932 4257 9826 8027

Super Strikers Friend Code: 214855 064803

my wii number 7489 8674 5065 8683

super strikers friends 343704 284082

i added u

i think we both have to be on at the same time for it to work

Right, but it says 0/0 of my friends are online, so we still aren't fully friended or something. Your name shows up for me, but it still says I have no friends. Weird.

Anyways, I love this game, it's awesome. Definitely better than the original. I love the online play, even if the rankings are pretty lame. You can't go wrong with Daisy, Dry Bones, Toad, and Birdo!

Edit: Checked about an hour ago and you now show up as an actual friend. Hope to see you online soon, I'll probably be on around 11 tonight, if you're around.

Edited by Fanpuck33

Made it into the top 2000 before it resets in a couple hours, not bad. I got to face the person ranked #1 overall, I gave him two good games, losing 2-1 and 3-2. Both times it was my own stupidity on his winning goal. He was in perfect position to intercept my goalie's toss and both times I threw it right to the person he was expecting. Overall, we were really evenly matched.

Fromage, still haven't seen you online at all, hope to soon.

wow i played online for the first time... it sucks. everyones doing the exact same thing. 10 lob passes in a row then a one timer... same damn thing every time.

it's more fun playing against the computer than against someone else. atleast the computer doesnt do the same damn thing over and over again.

Edited by fromage

wow i played online for the first time... it sucks. everyones doing the exact same thing. 10 lob passes in a row then a one timer... same damn thing every time.

it's more fun playing against the computer than against someone else. atleast the computer doesnt do the same damn thing over and over again.

No way, playing against real people is WAY better. Once you start taking out the guys they pass to, they stop doing the lob passes and move on to other strategies. I'd say the vast of majority of goals scored in games I've been a part of are not a result of lob passes.

P.S. Have you played with another Mii? Because otherwise you're basing your opinion of "everyone" on one series.

so far so bad

i really wish there was a chat feature so i can tell people to stop looking at replays for 10 minutes

theres always a cheap way to score i guess. i haven't scored many goals but every goal scored against me has been exactly the same damn thing. either its infinite lob passes for some stupid one timer or toad jumping over my goalie every time...

i have another mii, my cousin's which i was using earlier today

Edited by fromage