Game Thread | Habs vs. Carolina | 11/30/06

Spider-Man NL

Good to hear that nobody want revenge in Williams this time around.

The main concern right now should be protecting Huet crease. And hoping that referees will call obstruction wich is the main reason why thre is no more goal scored in the NHL in the two last weeks.

I also want Downey dressed for this one. If Williams even does something that is close to a high stick I want him beaten up by Downey. (no cheapshot, just totally physically abused by Downey)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No missing the game tonight, I'll be camped out watching it on the couch, trusty laptop near by. I might even post once or twice during the game. The Habs have been playing way too cautious of late and need to get a little more of a forecheck going. While the Habs first line has been playing ok without Higgins, they really miss the speed he created on the forecheck. That's something nobody on that line has in great abundance. Thus, they tend to try and carry the play in across the blue line more and not dump it in. Higgins is great at being the first in on retrieval and in his absence, Carbonneau has had to modify the style with which the first line plays. On the second line, that's how they've managed to get the forecheck going. While Kovalev and Samsonov doodle bug into the zone, Plekanec goes and retrieves the puck.

Carolina, has a mobile defense. So that creates quite the interesting match up.

Carolina shooters have far more accuracy than the last teams we have played against. The fact that there was lots of scoring chances for Florida should wake up the guys not to create turnovers.

If Habs still allows 40 shot or more we are screwed even if Huet stand up on his head.

It seems in the last games that they rely too much on him.

i would love to see a huge score like 11-0 or something like that with all lines producing like they should.

and i love how my avatar just dissapeared.....would a mod care to elaborate?

most likley becuae it was sexual

i would love to see a huge score like 11-0 or something like that with all lines producing like they should.

and i love how my avatar just dissapeared.....would a mod care to elaborate?

Mine disappeared as well today.....nothing sexual about a picture of the Cup (I think?).