Game Thread | Habs vs. Carolina | 11/30/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the gams has been even so far.

Habs dominated most of the 1st while the Canes controled the 2nd.

The habs havs 2 posts and the Canes have one of thier own, both teams have plenty of scoring chances.

I know alot of people are going to be frustrated by the fact that we had a bad second period. It is a problem in general but tonight...

1 - Carolina was roasted by Laviolette after their last loss. I knew they would come out flying and want to avenge their last home loss to us. I was a little weary of this matchup.

2 - It's on the road.

Yes the Canes had domination in the 2nd but we did play it well. I refuse to accept that this 2nd was comparable to the loss against the Flyers and the 2nd they played in that game.

In general we are playing well. The system is working. It's tied going into the 3rd :clap:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

he had no room to maneuver (sp?)

GO 1habslogo.gif GO!

There's an "o" in there somewhere.

Spelling nazi to the rescue! Maneuver is the correct spelling. You can all go home now, the streets are safe once again!

A *decent* second period by the Habs. The third period has been the strongest period for the Canadiens so far this season, here's to hoping for another strong third so we can seal the deal and bring 2 pts home.

Spelling nazi to the rescue! Maneuver is the correct spelling. You can all go home now, the streets are safe once again!

A *decent* second period by the Habs. The third period has been the strongest period for the Canadiens so far this season, here's to hoping for another strong third so we can seal the deal and bring 2 pts home.

Forgive me, Spelling Nazi! I have sinned!

I resent being called a Nazi! Though, I suppose you could be refering to yourself... :P

Let's take it in the 3rd!

Edited by lazy26

I resent being called a Nazi! Though, I suppose you could be refering to yourself... :P

I was refering to myself B)

Happy to see the 2nd line contributing consistently now. When Higgins get back.. boy.. watch out.

After 40 minutes of play:

Shots: 28-19 Canes

Hits: 33-31 Canes

Takeaways: 1-1

Giveaways: 1-0 Habs

Blocked shots: 13-10 Canes

Missed shots: 15-11 Canes

Faceoffs won: 23-12 Canes

wow... those stats indicate that the Hurricanes have had the upper hand in pretty well all areas.

GO :hlogo: GO!

sheeeeshhhhhhhhhhhh....

another penalty on our defense... grrrrrrrrrrr again........

GO :hlogo: GO!

Their sluggish out of the zone. The good news is their winning the battles defensively along the boards. How long can they keep that up? That and Huet is the only reason it's still 2-2.

Get it down in carolina's zone.

Kill the penalty

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN