Kessel has Testicular Cancer

JMMR

http://cbs4boston.com/local/local_story_345230707.html

Very sad week for hockey. I wish him a speedy recovery, seems like they caught it early and he should be ok, I am sure he will have incredible support and I am positive Koivu will be speaking to him.

I agree with you. I don't particularly care for Boston or for Kessel, but cancer sucks, so all the best.

PS. I posted this already in the game thread. :P

there's nothing positive with being diagnosed with cancer.

ar least the odds for the kid are good abd he's in the prime of his health..

speedy recovery, phil !!

As I am a survivor of the "One-Balled Wonder" club myself, if you find it early, you should be ok. It has been 6 years and I was lucky that I did not have to have any chemo or radiation (PHEW). God bless the puck that hit my in the ball so they found it early!

Here is hoping that he'll be as lucky as I was!

I hope Kessel recovers from this. Best wishes and a speedy recovery to him.

And weren't you wearing a cup riker? Sounds like asking for trouble going to play hockey and being a goalie who doesn't wear a cup :P

I hope Kessel recovers from this. Best wishes and a speedy recovery to him.

And weren't you wearing a cup riker? Sounds like asking for trouble going to play hockey and being a goalie who doesn't wear a cup :P

LOL truth be told, I was wearing one... just not a very good one... my jock went one way and the jewel went the other during a save and, well... OUCH! But as I said before, thank God it worked out that way so it was found VERY early!

As I am a survivor of the "One-Balled Wonder" club myself, if you find it early, you should be ok. It has been 6 years and I was lucky that I did not have to have any chemo or radiation (PHEW). God bless the puck that hit my in the ball so they found it early!

Here is hoping that he'll be as lucky as I was!

GO NADS! :P

http://cbs4boston.com/local/local_story_345230707.html

Very sad week for hockey. I wish him a speedy recovery, seems like they caught it early and he should be ok, I am sure he will have incredible support and I am positive Koivu will be speaking to him.

I would really like to see some studies about the correlation between cancer and roids.

lol so you're saying this is roid related?

So I guess when barry bonds and mark mcgwire get testicular cancer we will know for certain.

the worse kind of cancer for a guy is cancer of the manhood. Stumpy. lol

Maybe not roids, I don't know shit about drugs... but

Lemieux

Armstrong

Koivu (best Finn)

Kessel (best American)

are all the TOP of the crop... yes they do have lots of talents, ambition, courage, etc... but isn't it strange that the "Top of the crop" gets cancer?

Is it fate? Is it a "trade with the devil" thing? (a cancer for your talent!)

Or is it related to performance drug or maybe... if you look at the type of players they are (always injured!) Is it related to "recovery" drugs?

I wouldn't wish cancer on anybody... my mother-in-law died of it and it was a painful two-year decline.

I pray that Kessel will fully recover and become what he can become in the NHL.

GO :hlogo: GO!

are all the TOP of the crop... yes they do have lots of talents, ambition, courage, etc... but isn't it strange that the "Top of the crop" gets cancer?

Hardly. Cancer is very, very widespread. The fact of 4 top professional athletes had cancer means absolutely nothing, because a good sizable portion of the world's population has/had cancer.

Edited by fromage

• 4 weeks later...