Game Thread | Montreal vs. Buffalo | 12/19/06

Spider-Man NL

img15.gif
img12.gif

montreal200.gifvrssign.gifbuffalo200.gif

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

montreal50.gif19-8-5 : 43 Points (4th in the Eastern Conference)

buffalo50.gif24-6-2 : 50 Points (1st in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Montreal

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (13-3-3), 2.29 GAA, .932 Save%

Buffalo

2045.gif# 30 Ryan Miller (17-4-2), 2.61 GAA, .917 Save%

Canadiens Roster
Link

Sabres Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson
Latendresse - Lapierre - Streit

d.jpg

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Rivet
Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg
Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 6th, 2006:montreal50.gif4 buffalo50.gif5 (SO)

Oct. 23rd, 2006:buffalo50.gif4 montreal50.gif1

Nov. 24th, 2006:montreal50.gif2 buffalo50.gif1 (OT)

Dec. 9th, 2006:buffalo50.gif3 montreal50.gif2 (SO)

Gui84Buf.jpg

Sammy15Buf.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& msg_network_right_logo.gif

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM

img46.gifimg14.gif
Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regular season series is 7-4 Buffalo. A Buffalo win maybe gives them the season series with 9 points. In order for Montreal to challenge for the division, this becomes a must win! Buffalo must be halted whenever possible. Sens did us a favour last night

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

You got it, athétique! Time to beat those Sabres in regulation!

They are struggling (by their standards) as of late, but still playing less than perfect hockey will get us a L.

Regular season series is 7-4 Buffalo. A Buffalo win maybe gives them the season series with 9 points. In order for Montreal to challenge for the division, this becomes a must win! Buffalo must be halted whenever possible. Sens did us a favour last night

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

crud!!!!

i got beat to saying go habs go first again.... sheeeshhh............... is there no justice or respect for elders anymore in this world today???? sigh.............

well, i'll have to say it second...

gohabsgo (pout)

GO :hlogo: GO!

GO HABS GO! Won't be watching this game, but will be regularly checking online as I study for an exam :(

With a game on I know I wouldnt be able to study.. take a break from studying for those 2 hours, you deserve it ;)

Buffalo is on a scoring slump in their last 10 games with only 24 goals for an average of 2.40 per game!

Seeing as theyre struggling to score and our goalie is the best in the east, their d isnt great we should definitely win this one.

sheeeshhhhhhhhhh............... a4l, a good french expression for that comment would be "Ne vends pas la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tué" or in this case, "Ne vends pas la peau du bison avant de l'avoir tué"........ in other words, don't take this thing as being a done deal till the last whistle... buffalo's too good to do that...

sheeeshhhhhhhhhh............... a4l, a good french expression for that comment would be "Ne vends pas la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tué" or in this case, "Ne vends pas la peau du bison avant de l'avoir tué"........ in other words, don't take this thing as being a done deal till the last whistle... buffalo's too good to do that...

On the other hand there's no doubt Lindy Ruff is looking at the calender and thinking, "The Habs? Good grief, sigh" :hlogo:

i got beat to saying go habs go first again.... sheeeshhh............... is there no justice or respect for elders anymore in this world today???? sigh.............

you have to be faster, DAD !!!

I remember how impossible I thought it was to catch up to buffalo but if we win in regulation, we would be within 5 pts !!

GHG !!

working night shift, I have hockey games when I wake up..how better can it be !!

How has Miller been playing lately? Anyone know?

Dec 16 Vs Ottawa, Lost 1-3, 29 Shots Against 26 Saves (.897)

Dec 14 Vs Florida, Won 2-1, 33 SA 32 SV (.970)

Dec 12 Vs New Jersey, W 3-2, 33 SA 31 SV (.939)

Dec 9 Vs Montréal, W 3-2, 33 SA 31 SV (.939)

Dec 7 Vs Florida, L 1-3, 38 SA 35 SV (.921)

Dec 5 Vs Tampa Bay, W 4-1, 30 SA 29 SV (.967)

Dec 2 Vs Washington, L 4-7, 9 SA 6 SV (.667)

Dec 1 Vs New York Rangers, W 4-3, 39 SA 36 SV (.923)

Not bad at all..

Go Habs Go!!! circumstance has transformed this Buffalo squad into a new and exciting rival for the Habs will try to listen tomorrow but busy -- so anyway, once more: Go Habs Go!!!

They better show up in the first period or it could be a long night. . Buffalo hasn't played well of late but 2 days off, they should come out flying.

Does anyone think Carbo needs to give his after first period "speach", "butt chewing" before the first period? He may actually get his team to show up for the first.

Just a side note, Aebi should get 1 game this week with Huet 2. I would put in Aebi in against Buffalo, Let Huet play against Philly and Boston. With all the rubber he has seen in the last 3 games he may need the break.

Montreal needs to show up more than they did against Pittsburgh and some of those other clubs where Huet kept them in the game. Fortunatley Buffalo seems to be the team this year that Montreal plays really well against. Buffalo will be hungry after that loss to Ottawa, so they'll be ready. Key to the game will be the second period. Easily Buffalos best period in any game.

Another great test for Montreal. And it'll be nice to have Chris Higgins back

Edited by kaos

Buffalo is on a scoring slump in their last 10 games with only 24 goals for an average of 2.40 per game!

Seeing as theyre struggling to score and our goalie is the best in the east, their d isnt great we should definitely win this one.

But Buffalo is still playering pretty good defence only allowing 2.7 goals per game during that same time frame.

They better show up in the first period

They have been playing the full 60 minutes against Buffalo. It seems like the only game we do (except for the 4-1 game).

IMO, they should take a page out of the "How We Play Buffalo" book and play that way against others then we wouldn't worry about...

2b.jpg

this goes out to Spider Man..

you should never put Bonk Jonhson and Perez in the "who's not hot" section.

These guys always face 1rst line players... THEY'RE ALWAYS HOTS.

Giving only 1 pt to Crosby and Malkin when the Kid was on a 2 games 10 pts streak THAT'S HOT

but i like your Game Threads always cool.

Enjoy the game

That photo of Miller always makes me laugh.

millerly.jpg

^ My version :D

Go habs go!

No wonder the sabres are doing good. They have Jim Carey (the actor) in net and just try yourself to focus on scoring a goal when he makes faces that makes u laugh to death.

The habs will need to play three full periods against these sabres; I predict a 4-2 victory for the habs., with moments of brilliance in net by huet! The team will need to wake up from the first drop of the puck.

go habs go!