Game Thread | Habs vs. Capitals | 29/01/08

Cataclaw

If it truly is a broken thumb, I'd rather he sit out for awhile. It will be a great test to the team, and especially Plekanec to see if he can keep up his production with Kostitsyn and ______. Worst case scenario? They falter, and Bob sees for certain, that the team might need a bit of help at the deadline.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it truly is a broken thumb, I'd rather he sit out for awhile. It will be a great test to the team, and especially Plekanec to see if he can keep up his production with Kostitsyn and ______. Worst case scenario? They falter, and Bob sees for certain, that the team might need a bit of help at the deadline.

I agree I think they can still make the playoffs even without Kovalev for a couple weeks and I would rather him miss time now than in the post season.

Actually I am afraid to see what happens if Alex sits out to heal. If that line looses its spark, which I can't see not happening without our best player, we would be relying on Saks line to win a few for us. Do you think he will step up to the challange the way Kovy has this year? Maybe Saku and Ryder should get together and watch tapes of last year and this year and figure out what they aren't doing in the same fashion Kovalev did last summer. That is, if they really care. Figure it out guys, we need you.

The thing is, last year they had to face the top checking lines on the other teams because Kovalev wasn't the threat he is now. This year they aren't facing those matchups and you would figure they would do better.

On a positive sort of note, I predict Saku has a stellar year next season, at least 100 points! His contract will be up!!! Is he saving it all for negotiations? By that logic though, Ryder should be on route to 40 this year. He sure isn't trying to get a good contract.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

was watching my favourite team last night and I was really pleased with the play of Tom Kostopoulos.

This team is looking better & better.. love the speed..

:D

:hlogo:

Awesome game again. Plex and Kovy were flying as usual, Huet was good, and even Koivu showed signs of the guy who was our leader. I think he's slowly but surely breaking out of the funk, and just in time. Carbo was giving that line lots of powerplay time to try to get them going a bit more.

I'm glad that we treated our home fans to this game, that first period was intense and freakin awesome, especially the short-handed goal. Plex almost got the break on a lob out of the zone a few seconds earlier, then he intercepted the pass and he was gone. I was really confident that he would have scored by himself, but then out of nowhere appears lil Kost, and they make the perfect pass and shot for the goal. Great play.

I hope Kovy's thumb isn't broken, it would suck to lose our best player. We would be more able to cope now than at other times, but it would still be a major blow. But, it would be better to get him 100% for the stretch drive than to have him banged up.

Actually I am afraid to see what happens if Alex sits out to heal. If that line looses its spark, which I can't see not happening without our best player, we would be relying on Saks line to win a few for us. Do you think he will step up to the challange the way Kovy has this year? Maybe Saku and Ryder should get together and watch tapes of last year and this year and figure out what they aren't doing in the same fashion Kovalev did last summer. That is, if they really care. Figure it out guys, we need you.

The thing is, last year they had to face the top checking lines on the other teams because Kovalev wasn't the threat he is now. This year they aren't facing those matchups and you would figure they would do better.

On a positive sort of note, I predict Saku has a stellar year next season, at least 100 points! His contract will be up!!! Is he saving it all for negotiations? By that logic though, Ryder should be on route to 40 this year. He sure isn't trying to get a good contract.

Anyone who thinks Koivu doesn't care just hasn't paid attention to the last decade.

If Kovy is hurt, and if his line starts to struggle as a result, Koivu will step into the breach and produce. You heard it here first.

just tape his thumb to a Popsicle stick..

I hope it's just a bruise.

He is supposed to have an X-ray this morning to determine if his thumb is broken.

You know, this might not necessarily be a bad thing for the habs. If Kovy has to sit out for a couple of weeks, it would force Koivu and Higgins to bring up their game by a notch, and it would allow Kovy to come back towards the end of February refreshed and ready to go for the Playoff push!

You could have lines that would look like this.

Koivu, Higgins, Ryder

Plex, A. Kosty, S. Kosty

Lapierre, Latendresse, Dandeneault

Smokes, Bégin, T.K.

Jesus the Caps are a wrecking crew.

They knocked out Ponikoravsky, Steen and Boyce in a back to back with the Leafs and now maybe Kovalev

Let's not even go there until we know for sure that his Thumb is broken! Let's just keep our fingers crossed!

What a game. The first two periods the Habs were posessed. What intensity! Boullion had the bad give away and the bad penalty. Breezy was....well...Breezy, but all the lines looked great. Koivu had a few chances tonight. That flurry in the 2nd during the delayed penalty, they must have had 5 shots in a few seconds. Although I wonder if Koivu isn't sick or hurt. He has always been so intense, and now Higgins is the on who stands out in that line. We sure miss Hammer though. It was very obvious that he wasn't in the line up.

Great game Habs

What a game. The first two periods the Habs were posessed. What intensity! Boullion had the bad give away and the bad penalty. Breezy was....well...Breezy, but all the lines looked great. Koivu had a few chances tonight. That flurry in the 2nd during the delayed penalty, they must have had 5 shots in a few seconds. Although I wonder if Koivu isn't sick or hurt. He has always been so intense, and now Higgins is the on who stands out in that line. We sure miss Hammer though. It was very obvious that he wasn't in the line up.

Great game Habs

Koivu got benched after his peanlty.

Higgins well he has been non existant latley.

Then in his next game he scores 4 goals against us!

:lol: I can see the conversation there going drunk as &$&/* :

Markov - "Ok Ovy, check it out, NO GET OUT THE WAY CUTE BITCH, you want my hockey player cock don't ya??? Ok Ovy look, we killed you 4-0 today right?"

Ovy - "yeah but SHUT THE ###### UP my friend!"

Markov - "héhéhé, ok ok ok, but what about, burp, if i let you score a pair of goals thursday ?

Ovy (suddently sober again, but faking to be drunk) - "You would do this for me ANdrei, hein? you would do this for your long time friend?"

Andrei - " Yes Alex, I will tell the guys to let 1 or 2 in for you, because I love you boy. But don't try to take more and go for a 5 points night or something"

Ovy - "Oh Andrei, I love you to and you won't be dissapointed by me"

afer the game at the Opera Club in Montreal... OUUUUFFFFF

markovBSS.jpg

can you see Ovechkin's eyes ??? I just can't...

May the Gods bless this city!

Nice to see Ovechkin enjoying Montreal's nightlife. Then again, i've heard that there ain't much of a nightlife in D.C.

I have to admit, Ovechkin does looked fv.cked up!

Good for Markov for mackin on the hotter girl. ;)

With those eyes, I don't thiink Ovechkin could tell the difference between one girl and hte other. ;)

With those eyes, I don't thiink Ovechkin could tell the difference between one girl and hte other. ;)

:lol: Yeah you could have stuck a mule there and he wouldn't have been able to tell the difference, but he would have a nasty surprise sooner or later.

:lol: Yeah you could have stuck a mule there and he wouldn't have been able to tell the difference, but he would have a nasty surprise sooner or later.

I went to high school with a guy that got drunk at a party and told us a story about when his dad was in the army. I think he was Portuguese and an immigrant in Canada. Anyways in Portugal the army guys all lined up and gave it to a Donkey for whatever reason.Yes his dad did too. As we grew up we would still razz him about it ....but he never denies it.

:lol:

There is some crazy stuff to be seen on Limewire if your into watching weird people do weird things to animals. I'm amazed sometimes. Anyways....ya Ovechkin looks pretty loaded.

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

I went to high school with a guy that got drunk at a party and told us a story about when his dad was in the army. I think he was Portuguese and an immigrant in Canada. Anyways in Portugal the army guys all lined up and gave it to a Donkey for whatever reason.Yes his dad did too. As we grew up we would still razz him about it ....but he never denies it.

Some people REALLY need to learn to keep their mouths shut once in a while. That was WAYYY too much information, useless information!

THanks for sharing! ;):D

Good for Markov for mackin on the hotter girl. ;)

You know, neither are that hot, but Markov's one is definitely hotter than Ovechkin's..kinda surprising eh

There is some crazy stuff to be seen on Limewire if your into watching weird people do weird things to animals. I'm amazed sometimes.

Great, so you're into that stuff? Now that is just too much information. Man, some people...