Game Thread | Habs vs. Capitals | 29/01/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a very well deserved shutout for Huet...

Good balanced offense, good special teams, and great goaltending.. (might I add great coaching)... that spells 2 point most nights in this league...

Shame everyone else that mattered also won tonight.

well, there was not so many dangerous shot against him tonight, he just made no mistake

ROFL.. he had lots of dangerous shots, bounces, and tips... he played awesome tonight.

The poor guy gets a shutout and the first star.. and still.. no respect...

BOO TO YOU :rolleyes:

Great game by the boys. Nice to see huet get his second shutout of the season(finally!)

Kovy was a Monster tonight. It was nice to see him get a goal!

the boys are keeping pace with teh hens. We are still only 6 points behind with one game in hand!

ROFL.. he had lots of dangerous shots, bounces, and tips... he played awesome tonight.

The poor guy gets a shutout and the first star.. and still.. no respect...

BOO TO YOU :rolleyes:

LOL i might be top 3 Huet defenders on this board, i want him to be signed for 2 more years

Seriously, nearly 0 2 on 1 or 3 on 2, a few tips and pretty much always a good clearing job by the habs defense.

I'd say it was top 3 easiest game for Huet this season. Glad to write it.

Yup. One thing we haven't had to deal with so far is an injury to a key player. Let's hope this isn't it. (Although, ya know what? I get this sense that this bunch can overcome the temporary loss of even a player of Kovy's calibre).

Yup. One thing we haven't had to deal with so far is an injury to a key player. Let's hope this isn't it. (Although, ya know what? I get this sense that this bunch can overcome the temporary loss of even a player of Kovy's calibre).

Yup, just throw another T1T in there somewhere.

I hope he's good to go. I did notice his celebration was almost like he was mad after he scored. From past situations like that he was always hurt. Vertigo, knees........hmmmmmmm

Ha ha. The Kostitsyn's are having a blast and in particular Andrei is having fun. It's a happy team. Sergei tucks in his uni like Gretzky use to. Andrei's jersey is tucked in tonight too. First time he's done that and I just noticed it. They're having FUN! This is wicked. Good fun locker room. Good times :hlogo:
Anyone notice that Sergei didn't have his tucked in tonight? I'm sure tonight is the 1st time Sergei didn't tuck it in and Andrei did. . Hahaha. I noticed Andrei had it tucked in initially and it dawned on me that Sergei's was untucked. They were havinhg fun. This is great news and good for team spirit.

I believe that the vets including Koivu, Higgins, Komisarek, Kovalev, Markov and others who have been around for a while want to help and are no doubt enjoying the presence of these 2. No doubt getting some good laughs and fun. Call it family. Call it good for the Habs :)

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Kovalev said he may have sustained a broken thumb, but "I still have four fingers left."

Let's hope he is wrong.

that is a whole lot different from when he got slashed in the playoffs 2 years ago and checked soury so we lose the series.

I am very impressed with him this year he has been tremendous. He has finally grown up (I hope) He is one of the most talented guys in the NHL and I for one think he should have been at the all star game. He would shown us creativity. KEEP IT UP KOVY!!!!!!!!!!! (please?) :ghg: :ghg: