Huet to Wash for 2nd round pick

HabsWEST

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have absolutely 0 need for Hedberg.

Unless he is like Michael Leighton and just hangs out for a few months.

AGREED FORGET HEDBERG, his stats are awful....better off with HALAK...way better and a decade younger and cheaper..

I will be ticked if HALAK goes to ATLANTA or traded....

Let the SENATORS overpay for HOSSA, and let them lose him at FA time

NEXT HOUR will be crucial , either we stay as is, minor trade, or potential big trade that may prove very costly

FINGERS CROSSED that we dont mortgage the future for nothing!!

The deal may hinge on it though. Deal away a zero with your 10: Good GMing.

I'm ok with that, as long as it does not affect how we allocate goalie time.

If there is a reasonable deal that involves taking on some salary in the form of hedberg, that is fine. If it means that Halak isn't the no. 2 goalie, then screw that.

Dude...if Gainey does not acquire Hossa or another "impact player" (his own words) within the next 10 minutes I am officially pissed by this trade.

What? No love for Huet from anyone on this board? Wasn't his biggest fan, but I don't like trading him to a conference rival, anyway.

Dude...if Gainey does not acquire Hossa or another "impact player" (his own words) within the next 10 minutes I am officially pissed by this trade.

What? No love for Huet from anyone on this board? Wasn't his biggest fan, but I don't like trading him to a conference rival, anyway.

I will be able to swallow it, I think... but I can't help thinking that it is weird that there hasn't been a single trade reported in over an hour. Is the fax machine jammed at NHL HQ?

Ok hands up, who thought Montreal would be a worse team after the deadline???

Not a single trade, a few points out of 1st means we're "sellers".

Cristobal Huet gone, Marian Hossa in. Oh wait, scratch that, Hossa to Pittsburgh.

Would you guys have been happier if MTL sent Higgins, Grabovski, Lapointe/S. Kostysin and our first to ATL? Cause that is the kind of offer it would have taken to beat Pittsburg's. I am happier not paying those kinds of prices.

I love this board. All season, Bob's a genius and now because of one trade he's an idiot. Obviously, Bob et al did not think Huet was going to get it done.

Letter to Bob Gainey:

Mr. Gainey, we had higher hopes for this year than this. This is NOT addition by subtraction. Any safety net we had in goal going into the playoffs has now vanished for a measly pick. Many of the players that went at the deadline went for next to nothing - could we not have picked up any help? Did you have ALL your eggs in one Hossa basket and when that fell through you took your ball and ran home crying? No Plan B? or C? or D? Isn't that your job? Have we thrown in the towel? Even Fedorov would have helped in the playoffs. Now we have to limp into the playoffs [hopefully into the playoffs] with two unproven goalies, a bunch of unproductive forwards in Michael Ryder, Chris Higgins and Saku "Can-no-longer-keep-up-with-the-pace-of-the-game" Koivu. I'm hoping you know something we don't know.

Allow me to be the umpteenth Habs fan to say "I hope we don't have to play Pittsburgh or Washington in the first round".

Would you guys have been happier if MTL sent Higgins, Grabovski, Lapointe/S. Kostysin and our first to ATL? Cause that is the kind of offer it would have taken to beat Pittsburg's. I am happier not paying those kinds of prices.

I love this board. All season, Bob's a genius and now because of one trade he's an idiot. Obviously, Bob et al did not think Huet was going to get it done.

:clap:

I don't see how Christiansen, Angelo Esposito and Colby Armstrong even remotely equals Higgins, Grabovski and Kostytsin! Armstrong and Christiansen are both third line players on any other team and Esposito's stock has fallen out of site. Bob must have offered next to nothing because that's what Atlanta settled for. He's not an idiot for making one trade, but he is answerable for dumping any safety net we had in goal going into the playoffs and for not having a plan B [or C] to help this team when the Hossa thing fell through.

Told ya all that you were setting yourselves up for major disappointments. Expected way too much and now that you're disappointed you see everything in black.

Keep your heads cool. This season has always been about building a team from within. Now that the deadline is passed, players will be more relaxed and focused.

Letter to Bob Gainey:

Mr. Gainey, we had higher hopes for this year than this. This is NOT addition by subtraction. Any safety net we had in goal going into the playoffs has now vanished for a measly pick. Many of the players that went at the deadline went for next to nothing - could we not have picked up any help? Did you have ALL your eggs in one Hossa basket and when that fell through you took your ball and ran home crying? No Plan B? or C? or D? Isn't that your job? Have we thrown in the towel? Even Fedorov would have helped in the playoffs. Now we have to limp into the playoffs [hopefully into the playoffs] with two unproven goalies, a bunch of unproductive forwards in Michael Ryder, Chris Higgins and Saku "Can-no-longer-keep-up-with-the-pace-of-the-game" Koivu. I'm hoping you know something we don't know.

Allow me to be the umpteenth Habs fan to say "I hope we don't have to play Pittsburgh or Washington in the first round".

Who cares. Bob Gainey does not make deals to satisfy messageboards. He makes deals to strengthen the future of the franchise.

He got a pick for a guy who was not coming back and has stunk up the crease for a month. He gets to evaluate Halak, Grabovski up close

and he gets to see how not only the veteran leadership rises to the challenge, but the kids that represent the future of this franchise.

Why break the bank for a guy who was not going to resign here before testing the UFA waters?

If the Canadiens do not make the playoffs this year then he will make changes, Huet was not going to be the difference in a Cup run.

Would I have like to have seen a solid checking centre come back in return, sure. But it is not the end of the world.

Hossa will not re-up with Pittsburgh unless they want 3 9-10M players in the next 2 years. We will see how Pittsburgh feels about this deal in October

should they fail to win the Cup. BTW, they still have to play their games with Conklin, Sabourin and Fleury in net.

I had to sift through the what are we going to do without Souray posts for months, and I am sure I would have had to sift through I can't believe we gave

up all those prospects for Hossa emails come summer.

Gainey knows more about what happened than any of us, maybe Waddell pulled a fast one, maybe some deals fell through. But at the end of the day

this team is not any different than they were this morning. That is not the end of the world.