Habs @ Flames | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Like said, this is the Habs 1st real test. Flames are the 1st playoff team the Habs have faced so far.

Glad to see Halak getting a shot and against a good team. Hopefully the result will be the same, but this time in regulation. ^_^

Go :hlogo: Go!!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PVR set! HD hockey here I come! If it comes even remotely close to being as good as the Vikins/Pack game last night, it might even be good. However, I fully expect a quadrillion shots on Halak, who will be re-named RubberMan after the contest. Also, when Hamr, Gill, and Gionta go down with injuries lasting no less than three full seasons, I will probably decide to go and create LeafsWorld.net where I'll extoll the virtues of Truculent hockey and the powerhouse defensive duo of Komisarek and NiceRoad.

Halak getting the nod?

Interesting; do they have a trade in mind ?

Poor jaro, he gets a well deserved start, and you think they are going to trade him. Is that going to be the comment every time he starts cause he isprobably going to start 30-35 times this year.

Latendresse has great chemistry with Lapierre, but he also has top 6 talent. I want to see Lats get a real chance to play with the big (small) boys boys this year.

Sorry.. Lats doesn't have top 6 talent, and we have seen him on the top lines enough to know. We have a severe lack of depth on the wings, pure and simple.

I hope we don't have to watch him on the top line this season. I want him to give us a tough, fast, 3rd line.

Sorry.. Lats doesn't have top 6 talent, and we have seen him on the top lines enough to know. We have a severe lack of depth on the wings, pure and simple.

I hope we don't have to watch him on the top line this season. I want him to give us a tough, fast, 3rd line.

I'm sorry, but getting a shift here and there is hardly "being seen on the top lines enough". No wonder he gets freaking stressed out everytime he gets a chance: if he misses ONE scoring chance he's yanked back on the 3rd.

I hope this is a real chance and Martin doesnt demote him after 2 periods. Lats will never relax and get some scoring confidence back if he's not given a chance to get accustomed to different linemates and time to get into a groove. Lats has a wicked wrist shot and underrated passing skills, but he will never be able to use them if he isnt given a real break instead of the usual two-periods-tryout.

I'm sorry, but getting a shift here and there is hardly "being seen on the top lines enough". No wonder he gets freaking stressed out everytime he gets a chance: if he misses ONE scoring chance he's yanked back on the 3rd.

I hope this is a real chance and Martin doesnt demote him after 2 periods. Lats will never relax and get some scoring confidence back if he's not given a chance to get accustomed to different linemates and time to get into a groove. Lats has a wicked wrist shot and underrated passing skills, but he will never be able to use them if he isnt given a real break instead of the usual two-periods-tryout.

I wish that Latendresse will use his body a lot on the 2nd line. Would complement well the line. I'm amaze how hard are his hits, even though they seem effortless.

son of a, is this game on SNETW blacked out in Ontario?

I had SNETW on for 2 hrs before the game with baseball on, and now its gone black. :angry:

Mine did as well, and for the Vancouver game the other night. :angry:

Im so pissed right now. My cable company wont let me order RDS(Ive called 3 times, and I still dont have it), and Sportsnet west is blacked out! :angry:

Even the centre ice "free" preview is blacked out. If I was paying for centre ice, I'd rip someones head off. lol

Edited by haber

Great, what a bunch of jack-holes.

Whats with non regional blackouts? Do they expect Habs fans to fly out west to watch their games ffs.

lol apparently...

Ya, me too. SNETW worked for 2 hrs before the Habs game, and when the time came for the Habs game it went black. Nothing like checking to see if you get a channel, and then have it go black right when it starts.

Makes 0 sense to black out a Western game in the East coast. Arent blackouts for local people? i.e. blackout the game in Calgary, more Flames fans go to the game. What the hell does blacking out Eastern Canada achieve? :wacko:

Ya, me too. SNETW worked for 2 hrs before the Habs game, and when the time came for the Habs game it went black. Nothing like checking to see if you get a channel, and then have it go black right when it starts.

Makes 0 sense to black out a Western game in the East coast. Arent blackouts for local people? i.e. blackout the game in Calgary, more Flames fans go to the game. What the hell does blacking out Eastern Canada achieve? :wacko:

They are trying to forcing you to watch the leafs lose to the sens. :puke: :puke: :puke:

ITS BACK ON! THANK YOU GOD!!!!!

Edited by haber