Habs @ Flames | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gif@ ccdacb75.gif
2-0-0 for 4 points....................2-0-0 for 4 points
(t-1st East)...............................(t-1st West)

Forecaster's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Montreal Player Stats
Calgary Player Stats

Projected Lineup

(13)Cammalleri - (91)Gomez - (21)Gionta
(84)Latendresse - (14)Plekanec - (46)A.Kostitsyn
(67)Pacioretty - (40) Lapierre - (32)Moen
(70)Stewart - (28)Chipchura - (17)Laraque

(44)Hamrlik - (6)Spacek
(26)Gorges - (22)Mara
(75)Gill - (68)Weber

8470860.jpg vs. 8462147.jpg
Jaroslav Halak..........Miikka Kiprusoff

National TV: RDS, SNET
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Habs Go, all the way from Livorno Italy, where I still can't locate a place to watch a game!

How do you European fans cope and besides internet how do you get highlights?

Well i am cheering for small gains tonight. If they keep the shots on goal even they should be ok.

My other goals are simple as well, stop the soft, lazy turnovers, get the puck out of the zone smoothly, no more stupid penalties.

for some reason i seem to recall saying the same things last year.

Go Habs Go, all the way from Livorno Italy, where I still can't locate a place to watch a game!

You can watch them on rds.ca. I don't know how much they ask for a game, but it's not very costly.

They absolutely have to play a tight, disciplined game. And the PP has to produce something. I hope Weber gets a few shifts with Spacek on PP.

Brobin said it well, this will be our 1st true test! the boys will have to give their best effort tonight, Calgary will be a tough team to beat!

I'd almost be happy with an OT or SO loss!

Hoping for a better defensive showing tonight.

I don't think we can afford to give up 40+ shots to the flames and hope to come out on top.

Halak getting the start tonight means Price will start tomorrow at Vancouver I'm guessing.

He should be pumped up for that game with a lot of friends and family in the stands.

Latendresse is getting a promotion to the 2nd line: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...resse-promu.php

Mike Cammalleri - Scott Gomez - Brian Gionta

Guillaume Latendresse - Tomas Plekanec - Andrei Kostitsyn

Max Pacioretty - Maxim Lapierre - Travis Moen

Gregory Stewart - Kyle Chipchura - Georges Laraque

Roman Hamrlik - Jaroslav Spacek

Hal Gill - Yannick Weber

Josh Gorges - Paul Mara

Jaroslav Halak

Calgary:

David Moss - Olli Jokinen - Jarome Iginla

Nigel Dawes - Daymond Langkow - René Bourque

Curtis Glencross - Craig Conroy - Dustin Boyd

Eric Nystrom - Frederik Sjostrom - Brandon Prust

Robyn Regher - Jay Bouwmeester

Mark Giordano - Dion Phaneuf

Adam Pardy - Steffan Kronwall

Miikka Kiprusoff

Halak getting the nod?

Interesting; do they have a trade in mind ?

I doubt it, it's probably just so price wont have to play back to back nights. But you never know.

Why? Habs have back-to-back games, it makes sense to give Halak a start in one of them.

I thought Price would start tonight, and Halak tomorrow (since Calgary is tougher than Edmonton)

Price wants to play in Vancouver.. home town.. so Halak is taking Calgary..

What it does say is that the coach has confidence in both of them, which is a good thing.

Oh, that makes sense now

Latendresse is getting a promotion to the 2nd line

Interesting...Lats usually plays better with Max centering him. If he goes to the net and parks his body there it could work because Pleks has been shooting more lately, only thing is the goalie has saw every one of the shots.

I love all the eyebrows raised at the Halak start :rolleyes: Martin is doing what everybody said they wanted, using Halak for about 30% of the games, giving him a fair chance. Good on them.

I love all the eyebrows raised at the Halak start :rolleyes: Martin is doing what everybody said they wanted, using Halak for about 30% of the games, giving him a fair chance. Good on them.

I'm glad that Martin is giving Halak a chance

Price has been fantastic, but it's nice if Halak gets to play in a few big games

I am not sure this is a case of promoting Lats. It looks more like a case of demoting Pacs off the first line and moving Cammi and Lats up one..

Now, if only they could get AK going. I am not sure Lats and Pleks are going to pull off any magic if AK is dragging them down like he did in the first 2 games.

Well, since RDS ain't streaming anymore, I've had to research and find an alternative solution...

And this is what I came up with

ESPN 360

I watched the Toronto game, and although the feed was a little choppy, (might have been cause of a bad connection I had) overall it was ok.

What are u doing in Italy anyway??

Well, since RDS ain't streaming anymore, I've had to research and find an alternative solution...

And this is what I came up with

ESPN 360

I watched the Toronto game, and although the feed was a little choppy, (might have been cause of a bad connection I had) overall it was ok.

What are u doing in Italy anyway??

I have taken a job onboard a cruise ship, getting paid to travel and get drunk, oh and mix the shows at night.

Problem with streaming is the charge me 8 cents a minute here, and the connection wont keep up with the stream. I tried it, it stunk and I paid about 25 bucks for a game that blipped in and out.

Oh well, as long as I have you guys to keep me up to date I will survive until I get home In December.

I can't beleive all the fuss over Halak or Price in back to back game situations.

I'm sure it went something like this Martin "Carey, which game do want"? Price "I'd like to play in fornt of my friends and family". Martin, "Ok", Halak, you have tonights game.

I can feel only 35 shots against tonight, i just feel it.

The Maxes had some good moments last years. I think Lapierre and Moen's simple dump-&-chase style might suit Pacioretty better than always having to wonder WTF is Kostitsyn gonna do next. I'm trying to be optimistic about Lats & Plex finding a way to get Kosty going.

Also dont forget that Lats will most likely end up facing Phaneuf (LW vs RD), so that might have also been a factor in Martin's decision.