Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Thats is more like it for AG eh.

Bennett up to 9 points in 7 games, he is off to a super start.

MacMillan/Kristo starting well also.

(i know not a prospect but) Plekanec had 5 point game 2 days ago and now 3 more today (so far), he must like home cooking or something?

He likes being treated like a top center and being given the best wingers.

After watching the "Galchenyuk highlight show" from yesterday, likely neither Plekanec/Desharnais will be top centre for Habs for much longer, the kid looks quite impressive.

But yes, as hard as Tomas works every game and the shut down role he has had to play the last couple years, he likely is allowed much more freedom playing with Jagr and is loving it?

Galchenyuk finished with 3 points. Hudon also had a 3 point effort, all assists in a 6-2 win over Drummondville.

For those who like watching prospects, the QMJHL Super Series gets underway tomorrow as Team QMJHL and Charles Hudon takes on Russia.

Whose type/style of game would Galchenyuk be comparable to? Stamkos, Spezza, Perry or maybe Bobby Ryan?

I was saying Toews when I saw him as a 16 year old. Now he's added even more dangles to his repertoire.

Here's another highlight package. Again, not Gally is currently not playing "centre" on the faceoff, as they have stacked the line by putting him with Sarault.... but when you watch the package, notice that after the faceoff, while the play is going on. Sarault is often in the RW spot and Gally playing the role of centre.

Considering Hudon was covering the Yakupov line and the fact that the 'Q' lost 6-2, an even rating for Hudon has to be considered a good thing. I caught a good chunk of the first two periods, he played quite well and was also utilized on the first PK wave.

Considering Hudon was covering the Yakupov line and the fact that the 'Q' lost 6-2, an even rating for Hudon has to be considered a good thing. I caught a good chunk of the first two periods, he played quite well and was also utilized on the first PK wave.

Hudon was among the best players on the Q team, intercepting passes, creating turnovers, creating offence, and generally buzzing all over.

Hudon will skate on the QMJHL's top line tonight alongside Huberdeau and Danault as they try to salvage a split against Russia. That's the good news.

The bad news? Tim Bozon has been suspended 1 game by the WHL after receiving a double minor and a double misconduct for spitting (I presume at a player/official) after yesterday's 2-1 loss to Edmonton.

WOW! I just saw the Galchenyuk highlights. I gotta say, I'm really impressed! This kid has some pretty good hands. Looking forward to seeing him in a Habs jersey in the next few years!

WOW! I just saw the Galchenyuk highlights. I gotta say, I'm really impressed! This kid has some pretty good hands. Looking forward to seeing him in a Habs jersey in the next few years!

If the NHL gets a deal with the players, I would not be surprised to see Galchenyuk making the line-up for the first game, sometimes in December. It's a big "if" to start with though...

Another 2 point day for Galchenyuk, give him 11 in his last 4. Galchenyuk vs Scheifele, I think I'm going to be seeing quite the matchup on Thursday...

He is on fire. Let's begin the NHL season right away; he is ready to go.

He is on fire. Let's begin the NHL season right away; he is ready to go.

It can wait a few days now until after I go see him. :)

Some positive notes about Vail in a top-10 OHL Most Improved article: http://ohlprospects....12-2013-at.html

On the negative side of things, Bozon has just one assist and is -1 over his past 5 games.

It can wait a few days now until after I go see him. :)

Some positive notes about Vail in a top-10 OHL Most Improved article: http://ohlprospects....12-2013-at.html

On the negative side of things, Bozon has just one assist and is -1 over his past 5 games.

i am a bit more curious why Collberg is still doing dick-all in lower Swedish league? Still limited icetime?

Maybe Bozon'spitting incident is related to his recent performance

And Thrower is just snakebit this year it seems.

It may be a lower league for Collberg but it's still a pro (men's) league. 18 year olds don't routinely dominate that level. If he was back in junior and only had two points in six games, I'd admit there would be a bit of cause for concern but the Allsvenskan is still a decent level of competition. I can't seem to find any icetime data for Collberg with Orebro but I'd imagine he's not seeing premium minutes.

Collberg has done well in U-20 competitions this year (5 goals already), it's numbers at that level that I'm most interested in.

As for Thrower, he's starting to come around...at least he was until he suffered a lower body injury. His total performance is still below expectations but I'm hopeful that he can carry forward his improved play whenever he gets back from that injury (I don't think it's long-term).

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker