Geoffrion*-Eller-Blunden

Staubitz-Nokelainen-Palushaj

Gorges-Subban

Emelin-Markov

Campoli-St Denis

Budaj

* - assuming White once again can't go

was_comp.gif

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Johansson (yes, Backstrom is back...too late for my pool's sake though...)

Hendricks-Laich-Knuble

Chimera-Perreault-Semin

Aucoin-Beagle-Brouwer

Alzner-Wideman

Hamrlik-Green

Carlson-Orlov

Neuvirth

Puck drop is at 7 PM on CBC and RDS.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we lose of course... Would like to see Ovie do his magic.

Stirling won Hockeyville, which is awesome.. then I find out the exhibition game they will be getting.. .Toronto vs Columbus.. ARGHHHHHHH.

Leafs are the best tanking team in years. The blow outs are unbelievable. Losing Wilson meant the team couldn't score anymore.

Yeah, you could tell they made the decision to tank and suddenly, no goals, blowouts. third string goalies... blatant.

for this game, I think the Habs are a) tired b) giving up, and c) facing a team that really needs this win.

I wonder how many more goals Ovie would have if other teams didn't just stick to him like glue on the PP now. Green struggling allows teams to completely focus on Ovie at the point.

Cherry has been, and always will be, anti-Montreal. Nuff said.

I cannot wait for the HNIC contract to come due, because there's been some juicy rumours that TSN and Sportsnet *will* outbid CBC for it, and when that happens, Cherry will retire/be retired. :halm:

National Broadcast.. Don cherry couldn't give a crap about montreal.. just bashes them and moves on...

Time to move Hockey Night to TSN.

HNIC should stay on CBC. It just needs to be rid of Cherry.

Problem with outbidding CBC is that you're not outbidding government money but CBC Sports which does have a lot of money. Bellmedia has a lot of cash but they are going to have a limit somewhere.

The talk is that the NHL just wants CBC Sports to drop Cherry. If Canadian hockey is run by Bellmedia that will suck considerably.

I'm just starting to (maybe irrationally) worry there is more wrong with this team than i've previously thought

A few things to remember:

1. The team is playing for nothing.

2. The team has had a lame-duck coach since January.

3. Markov is still in pre-season shape.

4. We lost two of our top-6 in Cammy and Kosty (Bourque may prove to be more interested once we get our house in order, but as of now he's a third liner if that). Add the Gio injury to that, hey presto, we suck.

5. The team is still short a Hamrlik replacement.

The first three should in principle be different next year. It will be up to the new GM to address 4 & 5. #4 will be toughest.

A few things to remember:

1. The team is playing for nothing.

2. The team has had a lame-duck coach since January.

3. Markov is still in pre-season shape.

4. We lost two of our top-6 in Cammy and Kosty (Bourque may prove to be more interested once we get our house in order, but as of now he's a third liner if that). Add the Gio injury to that, hey presto, we suck.

5. The team is still short a Hamrlik replacement.

The first three should in principle be different next year. It will be up to the new GM to address 4 & 5. #4 will be toughest.

This team is worse now then it was at the start of the year.

1. we picked up two perennial losers in Bourque and Kaberle - both signed for lousy longer term deals - I'd like to ask those that said that we were better off ridding Cammy's $6M in favour of Bourque's better cap hit of $3.25M, really want to see his crap play for 4 more years.

2. We gave up a 20 goal, physical winger in AK46 and the guy we got back looks to be another solid 4th liner but has a historic name and lineage.

3. The defense sucks, but I am glad we didn't resign Hamrlik for 2 years. We got Markov back, but as you said, he is in pre-season form - which is still better then Campoli, Diaz, Weber and the other 7th dman we had playing this year in #4,5 and 6 roles, when we were losing guys with injuries.

4. It isn't helping that Cunneyworth isn't giving other guys a chance to play with Cole and MaxPac, because we essentially have one NHL caliber line.

IMO, the new GM needs to dump Kaberle and Bourque if we are too get rid of the "losing culture", also need to dump crap like Campoli and the most over-paid man in the NHL Gomez. If we can dump these four guys we are in much better shape.

Yes, we are worse now on paper than at the start of the season. Cammy in particularly leaves a gaping hole in the roster. As for Hammer, re-signing him for two clearly would have been a mistake, but we needed to replace his role on the back end, and we didn't.

Yes, we are worse now on paper than at the start of the season. Cammy in particularly leaves a gaping hole in the roster. As for Hammer, re-signing him for two clearly would have been a mistake, but we needed to replace his role on the back end, and we didn't.

The team had a logjam of smallish defencemen and Gauthier thought he could roll with that instead of bringing in a bigger body.

It's something the next GM will have to fix.

National Broadcast.. Don cherry couldn't give a crap about montreal.. just bashes them and moves on...

Time to move Hockey Night to TSN.

Good for Don

Still has no cup rings

P

Pleks has the same number of goals as DD

8 less assists despite playing with way less as wingers

So what, are they playing against each other ?

DD has some chem with Paccioretty and Cole is best mentor we could have for Paccioretty.

Could these wingers do more with any Plek, i don't think so, best scenario would have been for some

other wingers to show up this year. It did not happen.

Still Plek did fairly well in PK, got some lazy wingers draggin him down in +/-.