When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

Nobody on Montreal that's making 9mill has that attitude. I can guarantee that

I'd actually be curious to see what'd happen if Subban were finally to ditch all this "team player" bull-dink that he's been force-fed since he came into the league, and really decided to take the team on his back single-handedly. Go back to those crazy end-to-end rushes, the relentless boomers from the point, stop trying to set up losers like Eller, etc..

Wouldn't surprise me if the team started winning more, actually.

Guest Stogey24

I'd actually be curious to see what'd happen if Subban were finally to ditch all this "team player" bull-dink that he's been force-fed since he came into the league, and really decided to take the team on his back single-handedly. Go back to those crazy end-to-end rushes, the relentless boomers from the point, stop trying to set up losers like Eller, etc..

Wouldn't surprise me if the team started winning more, actually.

I wouldn't mind seeing what he can actually do with a Karlsson like leash.

But he cant skate like Karlsson, so not sure he isn't given same amount of leash already. he just isn't quick enough to go end to end like Karlsson does.

But he cant skate like Karlsson, so not sure he isn't given same amount of leash already. he just isn't quick enough to go end to end like Karlsson does.

Funny you say that...he used to go end-to-end on a routine basis, until the coaches beat it out of him.

Funny you say that...he used to go end-to-end on a routine basis, until the coaches beat it out of him.

He still does it from time to time, but I think it was when he rocked Marchand for doing it that he realized he'd on the other end of a bee sting if he kept trying to do it.

I think I recall him doing it in the playoffs. Traps and offensive zone congestion makes it next to impossible to pull off today and not cause your team to be catching up to a three on two with you trying to pivot and get back. That said he still carries the puck into the offensive zone more than anyone on the team, and the team is actually good this year for doing that. It's everything 100 feet of the net that's been embarrassing.

Subban still does it but seems to lose it once he hits the opposing blueline, why he dosent "take it hard to the net" seems to baffle me, he beats guys and is open to the net and he normally tries to pass it off or goes around back of net and backhands a weak pass to the slot? I wish he had a bit more killer instinct and was more selfish when he gets close to net (hanging around DD too much maybe?).

I for one am real tired of the coach giving excuse after excuse. What the FORK happened to "no excuses". Basically this coach said tonight that the Hawks are a better team. Really nothing he can do. Price is injured, he has nothing else. I think the kindly old coach is out of ideas and needs to take a rest. Time to find a coach with a different idea.

I'd dump MT before trading for a goal scorer, because he'd probably end up on the 4th line in favor of Byron or Weisse, the first time he missed a defensive coverage, or goes on a slump like Vanek and Semin did.

I for one am real tired of the coach giving excuse after excuse. What the FORK happened to "no excuses". Basically this coach said tonight that the Hawks are a better team. Really nothing he can do. Price is injured, he has nothing else. I think the kindly old coach is out of ideas and needs to take a rest. Time to find a coach with a different idea.

The team is still clearly playing for him. He hasn't lost their attention or effort level.

I am not so sure of that. They did not play like it tonite.

And really that was not the point. He has nothing but excuses. They missed the off side and the icing. That is not on the players, that is on the coaching staff. I don't care who actually forked it up he is the guy in charge. Fire somebody for crying out loud. This team needs a shakeup. Or we could go get some dept.

I am not so sure of that. They did not play like it tonite.

3rd game in 4 nights.... with travel between all three... and the first two were emotional losses.

I expected worse to be honest (and said as much in the GDT before the game).

3rd game in 4 nights.... with travel between all three... and the first two were emotional losses.

I edited my post read it all. Not arguing just informing.

I'm not a huge MT fan, don't see him being canned anytime soon. He may even land them Mathews.

As commandant points out, they play hard for him just about every night, even though they suck.

The one thing I really hate about this team is the "no excuses" motto, yet every night they make excuses. Drives me nuts. I just someone to ay we suck and call out the players and bench some top names / salaries

4 losses in 4 games. 2 for 7 in January. 4 for 14 in December.

MT makes up enough excuses for each loss. He doesn't need help from the fans.

We are one point from being out of the playoffs with 5 teams within 2 points. Some of the teams 1 and 2 points behind us hold two to three games in hand. We need a change.

The offside they missed

the icing the coaches clearly noticed and argued, but its not a reviewable play.

Fire the coach who missed the offside. That will shake the team up. We need a scapegoat at this point. The players need to realize this is a business, do your job or you are gone.

We need a change that helps the team win more games.

Who is available to coach and better than Therrien? Who is gonna get more out of this group that doesn't finish?

This Team has proven it is better than this, who do you blame the players? We can't fire them. A coach sounds like the cheapest way to go. If not Le Genius than the guy who missed the offside. I would have fired him tonite gone to that press conference and announced it. That is called shaking it up.

It's the same coach at 20-5 as it is now. the only difference is Price.

Apparently he is about the only thing this organization has going on.

I thought they were bad without Price, but they are actually a lottery team with out him.

Guest Stogey24

Price might as well be the goalie, coach, and g.m, because he is this team.

All those defensive lapses that happened while Price was in net were swept under the rug. Now they're coming to the surface.

I think firing the assistants is something Pierre gauthier would do. It's cowardly!.. MT is responsible for his hand picked coaching staff. The failures of management most notably the PP is on him and not any of his assistants!

With that said I think it's the players that need scoring help first...

Think of the Penguins stanley cup... Gonchar out for the 75% of the year and the pens in a death spiral. mT gets fired, gonchar returns and the pens win the cup!

One can only dream. History repeats itself!

Yeah, it's all well and good to say it's not a good idea to fire Therrien, because it's now. However, this is pro sports and 16/20 losses isn't cutting the mustard, Price or not. It's not going to be pretty if they lose to Boston tomorrow night and Toronto Saturday. If they lose both those games, Therrien will be fired by Monday.

There is no point in firing MT if you don't have a superior replacement lined up.

Waiting until the off-season if you want to can him, therefore, would be the best idea.

The other thing is, we KNOW the structural weaknesses of this team. Most important among these is the lack of finish. A quality replacement coach might get the team firing on all cylinders again, in which case we'll once again look like contenders. But that will not last for four playoff rounds. Sooner or later we'll be back to where we were against Tampa Bay, outplaying the opposition but unable to cash in on our chances. And then we'll lose, scratching our heads and muttering about 'puck luck.'

I say we should try to fix the structural problem before we fire a coach who, whatever his weaknesses, still has not lost the room.

• Upvote 1