Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Metallica

Hudon re ups with habs

Recommended Posts

Not sure why he would considering he asked for a trade and wanted out. Guess its a one year prove yourself kind of deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 year, 1 way, 800K

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Metallica said:

Not sure why he would considering he asked for a trade and wanted out. Guess its a one year prove yourself kind of deal.

its a pay check for now and gives MB a little more time to trade/put in value and who knows if he shows up to take away a job like he did 2years ago, i like Hudon, good on him :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

1 year, 1 way, 800K

Which way is that, South or West? Hopefully 1st move in a sign and trade, for his sake at least.:wacko:

What team might be looking for a slowish 25 year old LW who had a productive rookie year, but then only played 32 gms with 5pts last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DON said:

Which way is that, South or West? Hopefully 1st move in a sign and trade, for his sake at least.:wacko:

What team might be looking for a slowish 25 year old LW who had a productive rookie year, but then only played 32 gms with 5pts last year.

Edmonton needs cheap wingers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Metallica said:

Not sure why he would considering he asked for a trade and wanted out. Guess its a one year prove yourself kind of deal.

 

This does nothing to stop the team from trading him. 

It also makes him a cheap NHL option if he doesn't make the roster and goes on waivers.  Some team might grab him at that point. Especially since its one year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

This does nothing to stop the team from trading him. 

It also makes him a cheap NHL option if he doesn't make the roster and goes on waivers.  Some team might grab him at that point. Especially since its one year. 

Yup, I'm sure he'll be dealt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

This does nothing to stop the team from trading him.

 

If anything, having him signed at an ELC-like $800K makes him more attractive to another team than having an unsigned RFA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is his agent confirmed that there he didn't attract any interest on the trade front, so he decided to make the best of a bad hand and try to build up his c.v. a bit. Good luck to him, because I don't see much of an NHL future in his cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bet is that he's sent to Laval when every team is reassigning their players, and that he clears waivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still holding out hope that Bergevin will be able to turn him into a 5th round pick 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PMAC said:

I’m still holding out hope that Bergevin will be able to turn him into a 5th round pick 

 

If he could of got a 5th for him i think he would of been traded by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Metallica said:

Not sure why he would considering he asked for a trade and wanted out. Guess its a one year prove yourself kind of deal.

 

He filed for arbitration so he was forcing a contract one way or the other.  They still had a couple of weeks before the hearing but he was getting a contract one way or the other.  It actually came in a bit lower than I expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Metallica said:

If he could of got a 5th for him i think he would of been traded by now.

 

I suspect you are right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×