Richard Zednik With The C H Appreciation Thread

Good luck Zed in the future with the Caps bcuz you're gonna need it :P

I said this many times, if Mclaren didn't give u that cheap shot, the habs would've taken the CUP!!

Thanx for the good times and for scoring for us :D

Have fun wit Ovech!! :lol:

Cheers Dick! I always liked your game (well almost), and agree with those who have referred to you as a clutch player, 'cause you were.

And, I normally beat the urge to reply to nonsense, but come on, not a cheap shot from McLaren?? I guess Mike Tyson could have bitten a little more of Holyfield's ear off too! Some of your other posts have become a lot clearer now after reading a comment like that.

Regardless, we are all welcome to our own opinion and the fact that you are the only person, other than dirty Broons fans who I have heard/read claim this wasn't a dirty hit speaks volumes.

Alas, in my world (and it's awesome!) Dick will hopefully regain his form, but as I referred to in the Shanny post, when Begin has you lined up, I know who I'll be cheering for...

:ninja:

Edited by The Saint

:D

Zed is the one who wanted out of town, so no thanks from me. I dont feel particulary faithful to players who asks to be traded because they dont want to play on the 3rd line.

I agree,

so I guess thanks for not scoring in OUR net MAY THE TREND CONTINUE :D

And, I normally beat the urge to reply to nonsense, but come on, not a cheap shot from McLaren?? I guess Mike Tyson could have bitten a little more of Holyfield's ear off too! Some of your other posts have become a lot clearer now after reading a comment like that.

Regardless, we are all welcome to our own opinion and the fact that you are the only person, other than dirty Broons fans who I have heard/read claim this wasn't a dirty hit speaks volumes.

I'm not claiming it was a clean hit, it certainly wasnt. However, I dont really consider it:

Before McLaren 1vomit.gif suckered you,

or

'Mac' truck that blindsided him

Though I definitely agree with:

he didn't see the licence on the 'Mac' truck

Cheap shots are when people arent expecting it. It's true Zed wasnt expecting it, but that doesnt mean its a cheap shot. Zed should have know what he was doing, and where he was doing it, was a dangerous location, and he simply didnt. Zed got maimed by that hit because he wasnt prepared for it, which is McLarens fault? No, its Zeds own fault. If Zed had have been paying attention, he wouldnt have been extremely injured. McLaren definitely could have hit him harder, and it would have been a fataility!!

People who skate with their heads down are going to get hammered, and its not the hitters fault. Zed didnt have his head down, but he wasnt paying attention, and should have realised he was in potential danger, and took evaisive actions, which he didnt.

The NHL playoffs is a fight to the end. If you bring a knife to a gun fight, you are going to get killed. :P Ever player needs to be properly prepared. ;)

I AM REAL SORRY SIR... (a great memory just doesn't last long) I WAS :puke: TALKING W/ :puke: a BOOINGS FAN THE DAY AFTER THAT HIT AND EVEN HE SAYED THAT IT WAS CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!

so thanks for not scoring in OUR net Zeddy, MAY THE TREND CONTINUE.

I LOVE MY HABS BUT NOT THE FORMER PLAYERS WHO ASK TO BE TRADED,

only exeption St. Pat. cuz he gave us a running shot at 3 cup and gave us 2, that's ok in my book.

The NHL playoffs is a fight to the end. If you bring a knife to a gun fight, you are going to get killed. :P Ever player needs to be properly prepared. ;)

If that's your opinion, let's start hiring hardened, violent criminals to "play" hockey. Better yet, let's replace the sticks with katanas and the puck with a hand grenade. Cuz hockey's a violent sport, right?

Such brutalities have no place in our sport, and McLaren's hit was malicious, and in my opinion, intended to injure the teams' hottest player at the time. Although I agree that hockey is a physical sport, defending such a unsportsmanlike intent to injure is tasteless. The fact that you claim McLaren "could have" killed Zednik speaks to the nature of his action, and ruins your entire argument.

Yes... hockey is physical.

No... Players should not have to worry about their lives, no matter how exciting it may be for some fans.

Edited by lazy26

People who skate with their heads down are going to get hammered, and its not the hitters fault. Zed didnt have his head down, but he wasnt paying attention, and should have realised he was in potential danger, and took evaisive actions, which he didnt.

When the hitter lifts both arms so they become parrallel to the ice in order to elbow you because you've deked him, I dont think having your head up would change anything.

It was 100% cheap shot.

Thank you Zednik for your great years in montreal and Awesome skills, We Appreciate what you did for us.

"Zednik down the wing cuts in..Shoots...HE SCORES!!"

Gonna be missing that.

Zed, you will be missed.

He played well for the habs, specially when matched up with different line combinations. He adjusts and will certainly have a few more years of good chemistry with ovechkin and the caps!

Why does everybody expects Zednik to play on the firsr line with Alex Ovechkin?

Friesen, Zubrus and Semin are all better wingers in my opinion.

Friesen.....? :blink: Where the hell have you been??

:hlogo:

Semin has played 52 NHL games and scored 10 goals! How the hell can you consider him a better winger?

Maybe he's a bright prospect, but youc an't say he's a better winger than Zednik

Zed is the one who wanted out of town, so no thanks from me. I dont feel particulary faithful to players who asks to be traded because they dont want to play on the 3rd line.

If anything, its HIM who should thank ME for using his last name in my user name. I've shone more glory upon him than he deserved himself. :P

Which begs the question, if you are able to change your name, what will your new name be?

friesen as signed with cagary... and he played with anaheim at the end of the season. it s ok If you didn't notice him in the playoffs, nobody did :lol:

Friesen.....? :blink: Where the hell have you been??

:hlogo:

In a place where the TV-stations don't even mention what's happening in the NHL offseason...

Ok. I missed.

In a place where the TV-stations don't even mention what's happening in the NHL offseason...

Ok. I missed.

Swedish Media sucks big time. The two biggest newspapers act like old lady magazines posting more rumours and rubish than actual news and they think NHL is about as intresting to swedes as snooker...

I would like to thank Zednik for the following.

- scoring the series winning goal in game 7 of the 2004 playoffs that sent the Bruins golfing.

- scoring 31 goals and 50 points in 02/03.

- scoring 26 goals and 50 points in 03/04.

- scoring 8 points in 4 playoff games during the 01/02 playoffs.

- scoring 22 goals in 01/02

- going into the corners and digging out the puck.

- wearing the Habs jersey with pride.

ZednikhitsBelak.jpg

Edited by Spider-Man NL