Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Toronto | 10/07/06

Spider-Man NL

canadiens_logo.jpgvrssign.gifmapleleafs_logo.jpg

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

montreal50.gif0-0-1 : 1 Point (8th in the Eastern Conference)

toronto50.gif1-1-0 : 2 Points (5th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Montreal

Abby2.jpg# 30 David Aebischer (0-0-0), 0.00 GAA, .000 Save%

Toronto

1461.gif# 1 Andrew Raycroft (1-1-0), 1.52 GAA, .957 Save%

Canadiens Roster
Link

Maple Leafs Roster
Link

13453.gifCanadienBall.jpg13454.gif

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Kovalev - Plekanec - Samsonov
Johnson - Bonk - Perezhogin
Latendresse - Begin - Murray

13457.gif

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Rivet
Niinimaa - Dandenault

13455.gif
David Aebischer

Kovyfull.jpg

SourayHitsLeaf.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& CBC.jpg

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leafs fans around here think that they were the greatest team in the NHL last night but wouldnt acknowledge that the Sens just didnt show up... the Habs will show up tomorrow night and score circles around them!

Habs 6 - Leafs 2

Ryder,Koivu,Higgins(2),Souray,Johnson...

Sundin,Steen.

:hlogo:

GO HABS GO!!!

well, it's simple: Go Habs Go!!!

Was thinking, I thought I hated the Bruins but realized last week when I opportunistically took one of them in a pool that I have some respect for the Boston franchise. With the leaf on the other hand I can't find a single thing I like. If the leaf were the last hockey team on earth and were playing a game against space aliens bent on merciless conquest, smelly gooey cruel fascist aliens who ate kittens and split your nostrils for fun, the thing is I would cheer for the space aliens.

So I hope we win today and win big, and the leaf are hurt bad and utterly humiliated. Their agony is my ecstasy. I hope the leaf are all, every last one of them, crying big fat tears when they leave the ice after this game -- that would be so wondrous that it would set me to dancing in the streets.

Go Habs Go!!!

well, it's simple: Go Habs Go!!!

Was thinking, I thought I hated the Bruins but realized last week when I opportunistically took one of them in a pool that I have some respect for the Boston franchise. With the leaf on the other hand I can't find a single thing I like. If the leaf were the last hockey team on earth and were playing a game against space aliens bent on merciless conquest, smelly gooey cruel fascist aliens who ate kittens and split your nostrils for fun, the thing is I would cheer for the space aliens.

So I hope we win today and win big, and the leaf are hurt bad and utterly humiliated. Their agony is my ecstasy. I hope the leaf are all, every last one of them, crying big fat tears when they leave the ice after this game -- that would be so wondrous that it would set me to dancing in the streets.

Go Habs Go!!!

I love that you purposely used the lower case "l" for those lowly leafs...

Habs will bring it tonight, maybe it's our turn to expose some flat-footed defencemen...Hal Gill anyone!!!

Go Habs Go!

Huet will start tonight and his performance will help Carbonneau decide who's between the pipes tomorrow in Toronto (7 p.m., CBC, RDS).

"Cristobal will start, and we'll see from there," Carbonneau said.

Said goaltending coach Rollie Melanson: "In back-to-back situations, we may use both goaltenders, but if, for example, the first guy gets a shutout, we may stick with the hot hand."

Neither goalie had a hot hand during the exhibition schedule. While junior Carey Price turned in the best performances, Huet and Aebischer struggled.

Are you guys sure Huet is starting, according to this article in the Gazette Abby has a good chance of starting

If the leaf were the last hockey team on earth and were playing a game against space aliens bent on merciless conquest, smelly gooey cruel fascist aliens who ate kittens and split your nostrils for fun, the thing is I would cheer for the space aliens.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: very funny

go habs - don't let me down

C’est Le Bon

They got their feet wet last night and came away with a point. Little adjustments will be made. Line one is DYNAMITE. Line 2 needs to get going.

THEY WILL.

leefs will have their hands full tonight. Suglobov is banged up.

:hlogo: C’est Le Bon

Lets hope for a full 60 minutes tonight. No sitting on 2 goal leads. Fill the gall dang net would you.

Little note on laffs last win....

Sens opener, and I noticed before the game how complacent the crowd was during the introductions, not like in "The Big Ugly" the night before where the crowd was very loud. I commented about to my Sen wife and she is also not overly excited about hockey yet. Guess their fans are feeling let down year in year out. I think that was a part of the no show performance.

Ah last night may have been a let down by the D but tonight is a hole new game and an entirely different state of mind. The Habs wil be out to play hard tonight; an extra effort from the D would be nice.

IMO; the slower skating D should be paired with a younger but faster stronger skater. Rivet and Souray better not be together again.

Finally my prediction is a 5-2 victory for the habs; with Sammy and Kovey putting on a clinic. And Lats gets his first points!

GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

Last night was a let down sure. But I'm positive when it comes to my two teams and they played very very very well considering the bicson are the favourites this year to win. If they are the favourites then how good is this team. We went toe to toe with the guys and had them beat for all of the game until the last 10 minutes then we had a brain fart.

Last night the Habs went toe-to-toe with what is definitely the class of the East and appeared to have no problem skating with the Swords. As I watched I could not help but mumble continuously, excitedly and perhaps unintelligibly to anyone listening that this Habs' team is FREAKIN' FAST.

Minus the third period let-down, they nearly beat arguably the best defence, offence and goalie in the East. I mean, who before the game would not have said "yes, I'll take a point versus the Sabres."?

Tonight, I am apprehensive yet excited. Apprehensive because it is the Leafs and losing to the laffs is worse than a kick in the pants accompanied by an eye-gouge. I am most excited, however, because for the first time in a while (well those two beat downs late last season were nice too) I feel like the Canadiens have the superior team and will run roughshod over the Leafs inadequate defence. I mean, come on, when McCabe is supposedly your stud on D...? If I were Maurice I'd only let that waste out on the ice during a Power PLay.

I will not make a prediction but I feel good about tonight's match-up.

To make a long post short: GO HABS GO!!! :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: