GDT: No Sleep Til Brooklyn; Habs Very Own Superman Returns in Metropolis

Commandant

Moi aussi.

Hey wouldn't it be great to chase Halak out of the net? Like say in the 1st period. OOOOh I love that thought.

Are you a fortune teller??? Crazy. Liked the prediction though.

Good period for the Habs. Not the best start to the second though.

Guest Stogey24

Agreed. Looks faster too. i wonder how much of it was the chemistry with Eller and Chuck dying?

Who knows. Could be

Pateryn is solid. Makes alot of smart plays and he's gritty

NB and Petry both net their second goals. Subban has one. Whats up with that?

Subban is one of the few players where you look at the shooting percentage and know he's bound to pot a few soon.

Pateryn is solid. Makes alot of smart plays and he's gritty

He's having another nice game. Tinordi's already low odds of getting into a game seem to be decreasing quickly.

Still no Bealieu on the power play

Come on now

He played the last 19 seconds and happened to set up the Petry goal which came just as the PP expired. Maybe that earns him some more PP time though I won't hold my breath.

Then Semin benched to end the period. I'm tellin ya man

Pelly on top line. Dude is terrible

Semin is in the dog house still, the only reason he's in is the Mitchell injury. They're not going to reward him by tossing him on the front line in his first game back (though he has looked better tonight). Longer-term though, he'd make much more sense than Smith-Pelly. Pretty much everything I wrote in the RW for Galchenyuk article still applies to finding a new RW for Plekanec if this is an actual change and not just an in-game test.

now why the hell is semin benched? Smith pelly is 4th line guy period.

because he didn't score on his breakaway, is only a +2 and only had the second assist on the first goal. On the other hand Smith-Pelly had the same stats and he didn't have a breakaway that he missed scoring on - which logically for MT makes him a better choice. Doesn't matter that the Pleks/MaxPac line really hasn't much of a chance to score since losing Gallagher.

Semin is in the dog house still, the only reason he's in is the Mitchell injury. They're not going to reward him by tossing him on the front line in his first game back (though he has looked better tonight). Longer-term though, he'd make much more sense than Smith-Pelly. Pretty much everything I wrote in the RW for Galchenyuk article still applies to finding a new RW for Plekanec if this is an actual change and not just an in-game test.

No they are "not going to reward semin first game back". So give him to Chucky. If Bourque was still here he be on Chuckys other wing. HA!

Pleks having a tough night.

No they are "not going to reward semin first game back". So give him to Chucky. If Bourque was still here he be on Chuckys other wing. HA!

Pleks having a tough night.

Pleks and MaxPac have generated zero offence and have been in there own end, since getting Smith-Pelly.

Guest Stogey24

I'm not saying put Semin up to top line. I'm saying Smith-Pelly brings zero value to the top line.

Therrien knows what he is doing. :nuts:

Actually, Therrien does know what he is doing. You don't fluke your way into one of the top records in the league and Therrien is now fourth in games coached and in games won with the Canadiens behind only Bowman, Blake, and Irvin.

No, I wasn't happy when the Canadiens hired him. No, I didn't think the team would succeed with him. Like many others I was wrong.

But c'mon. He's going to make mistakes. He is going to do things we don't like. E.g., personally, I would like to see PK or Markov sit against a weaker team and Tinordi play and I would like to see Byron play more.

It is every fan's prerogative to criticize the coach, but Therrien does do one thing we all like: win.

My point it is not nuts to suggest that Therrien knows what he is doing.

Even that idiot PJ Stock was praising Therrien's coaching on tonight's broadcast. Highlight of the intermission: Stock is trying to pretend he would have scored if he were in Fleishman's spot on the ice and the female anchor says: " Let's be real PJ: there is no way you would have scored from there". Brilliant!

• Upvote 2

I like your post PMAC, and I agree that Therrien is a good coach, and it is easy to fault the coach sometimes, I like your suggestions, I would like to see stuff like that too, but even Bergevin said, "Mike tries to win every game....

The one thing I've learned to like about Therrien is that he learns. It doesn't always work out but every season he has changed up how the team plays in response to the new roster and to previous losses. Maybe he's sometimes a little too proud to admit it but you see it in our play.

I like your post PMAC, and I agree that Therrien is a good coach, and it is easy to fault the coach sometimes, I like your suggestions, I would like to see stuff like that too, but even Bergevin said, "Mike tries to win every game....

That's not exactly a bad thing...