Solve The Canadiens Puzzle

blaze53

Canadiens Problems On The Ice  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What do you really think is the sole reason for all the the Habs' Woes?

• The constant changes of the lines
    • The Offensive Shutdowns (No Scoring)
    • The Defensive Mistakes
    • The Flu Bug
    • blaze53's crappy polls
    • Other (State the other reason)

Hey wudddddup? I Just wanted to know everyone's point of view on the Habs if you guys wanna add anything please do so, maybe what you say will be the solution.

Go Habs Gooo!!! :D

:hlogo:

The constant changes of the lines

I didn't choose this but I am personally growing weary. I say:

Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev

Latendresse - Higgins - Samsonov.

Go back to the old line 3.

The Latendresse Samsonov connection could be deadly. Lat's and Joe Thornton are both big players. Why not try to recapture some of that? I know the idea of Higgins on the 2nd as a center is not an attractive one but what is more important to us; exactly where he plays or team success?

The Offensive Shutdowns

Passing drills, drills and more freakin' drills! Stop attempting to pass where enemy pokechecking is going to occur or is A GIVEN! (KOVALEV :angry: )

The Defensive Mistakes

For the exception of getting bogged down and not paying attention to clearing past the line, the defensive zone work is going well. They play the boards to perfection and they have the zone covered to limit quality scoring chances. If only they could get the puck from the low position to a puck moving D or a forward more regularly, their defensive zone coverage will be superb. It's a shame because the team getting bogged down (and it's a big problem) is overshaddowing the good D zone work. Thus, people think from top to bottom the whole defensive zone strategy needs work. Well, it doesn't. It's just this one area and it's annoying!

The Flu Bug

They're over that now thank goodness

blaze53's crappy polls

:P

Other

I chose "Other". I think that number 1; we are just in the January slump. We will snap out of it. Number 2; the obvious 5 on 5 question. I believe this problem stems from the defensive style to wait for your enemies to make mistakes and pounce. What I see going wrong (from day 1) is that there comes a time during a shift where the startegy should be altered. Carbo yells, "go now" and they GO GO GO. Instead of playing the entire game 5 on 5 with this D mentality. Take your breaks when you get them. Plus we need better forechecking.

The sole reason is scoring more goals than our goalies allow.

I say no All-Star break for them, ship them to Flin FLon for a training camp between the 21 and the 26 january. 5 days training on an outside rink with no locker room in northern Manitoba should resolve all the on anf off ice problems.

I would say lack of leadership. They have no confidence, all their passes are missing, nothing is working. Right now the veterens should step up but who do we really have to do that?

Koivu can't carry the team and Kovalev seems to be doing the opposite. I dunno but I am getting tired of trying to figure out what is not wrong with this squad. :puke:

The thing that ices the (in a bad way) cake in this slump is we are also not getting ANY lucky bounces.

:(

That's what my Other vote went to. When we keep hitting posts, getting robbed - basically just missing. But the other team scores on every chance they get.

the mistakes I see arent of NHL caliber! THe hAbs have hit a wall! Nothing is going their way! they need a sports psycologist team for the team!

the Habs will only benefit from the Allstar game pause

I suggest Huet skips it and goes to Cuba

Sourray go see his daughter and skip Dallas it sucks there anyways

lol

What constant change of lines? Prior to the last three games, the lines have been pretty much unchanged unless it was because of injury. The lack of change might be a better choice, especially on the much-maligned second line.

I point the finger at two areas. First, they don't have nearly enough offense coming 5-on-5. I think they got so focused on their early success on the power play and penalty killing that they seemed to wait for those opportunities and chose to play more of a patient game at full strength. I hope that was more of an unconscious choice than a coach's game plan.

The second area is the fact that the team lacks a puck possession game. They make ill-advised or high-risk passes that just don't pan out often enough. It gets so frustrating when the pass goes from one player to either nobody in particular or to nobody, period. Their puck anticipation leaves much to be desired, and for the most part, they don't win nearly enough puck battles, if there is even a battle to win. They're often late to loose pucks, and if they can't move the puck out of the zone right away, they seem to panic and just start whacking it out and getting in a line change. That often results in turnovers at the blue line and the 35+ shots against that occurs on a regular basis.

I really don't understand why so many people are choosing the "frequent line changes" option. Up until the flu bug hit, the lines hardly changed at all. At that point, changes were all over the place with guys out of the lineup and keeping the sickest players on different lines. People lose weight and strength when they get the flu, it takes a couple weeks to get back to full strength. Thus, Carbo is trying to create lines such that he's not pairing up people who had it the worst on the same lines.

P.S. You've never seen frequent line changes until you've watched a Gerard Gallant coached team. He'll not only change lines from game to game, he'll play lines in a game that are different from the practice lines. Heck, he's been known to change lines 10 minutes into a scoreless game.

Im going with these two lineups when we were winning and what I want to see! and stick to it!

For now.. realistic

Higgins-koivu-Kovalev

Sammy-Pleks-Ryder

Perez-Bonk-Johnson

Lats-Lapierre-Streit

What I wanna see:

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder (first a)

Sammy-Grabo - Kovy (first B)

Begin/Perez -Bonk -Johnson (third line)

Lats-Plek-Lapierre (first c)

NOTE THE FREAKIN 4th LINES! MAN they have to be a force! no place for nothing else!

What I wanna see:

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder (first a)

Sammy-Grabo - Kovy (first B)

Begin/Perez -Bonk -Johnson (third line)

Lats-Plek-Lapierre (first c)

NOTE THE FREAKIN 4th LINES! MAN they have to be a force! no place for nothing else!

same here and Streit back on defense instead of a Dandenault or a Bouillon

by the way what the heck happens with Bouillon this season???

same here and Streit back on defense instead of a Dandenault or a Bouillon

by the way what the heck happens with Bouillon this season???

I don't see Bouillon getting scratched, instead im sure Niniimaa will be back on the sidelines, or maybe Dandenault, let's see what unfolds at tonight's game vs the Thrashers.

By the way who picked *blaze53's crappy polls* :(

Edited by blaze53

the five on five offence is really struggling... don't know why and don't really know i would what to do about it if i was in carbonneau's place...

i'm sure that he's trying all sort s of stuff already in the practice sessions... the guy's no idiot and he's very learned as to what's supposed to work in different skill developments but it's just not clicking...

GO :hlogo: GO!

I would say OTHER:

cuz, if the combo Sammy/Kovy would have or atleast have clicked by now , this team would be damn near impossible to stop.

The way our first line was playing and the third line was and has been doing, NO team out there could or would have been able to shut us down.

And the fourth line that has just been gravy, fe real ya'll!!

Edited by ehjay

I would say OTHER:

cuz, if the combo Sammy/Kovy would have or atleast have clicked by now , this team would be damn near impossible to stop.

The way our first line was playing and the third line was and has been doing, NO team out there could or would have been able to shut us down.

And the fourth line that has just been gravy, fe real ya'll!!

LOL i agree with you bro