Sergei Samsonov

MAK

He rarley goes to Russia and lives in Detroit in the offseason. If he is sent to Hamilton I would not be suprised if he did no report but he would not get paid so I believe he would eventually go.

same here... the pride thing would have a certain impact there...

GO :hlogo: GO!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he may not even report to the team...

it's too bad but there you are...

GO :hlogo: GO!

I remember Gainey's speech at the end of last season. He announced to the press that he had no interest in a player who did not want to play here or if playing in Montreal was too SPICY for them. These events just back up his statement. In my opinion, Samsonov is no longer a Montreal Canadien.

He will not be showing up in Hamilton. He has officially been fired.

I remember Gainey's speech at the end of last season. He announced to the press that he had no interest in a player who did not want to play here or if playing in Montreal was too SPICY for them. These events just back up his statement. In my opinion, Samsonov is no longer a Montreal Canadien.

He will not be showing up in Hamilton. He has officially been fired.

Absolutely.

This has nothing to do with Samsonov's production or his salary. This is firing a player who wants things exactly the way he wants them-period.

A very bad tactical mistake by Sammy and his agent calling out Gainey like that.

I don't think I need to even say it. Maybe Gainey has read my signature. I feel totally redeemed, after all the heat I have taken on here, and just like a predicted, when Gainey finally does dump him everybody will come to their senses and turn on him, which is what I am seeing....of course.

I will just reconfirm what I have been saying since the very first day he signed with us. He is a worthless bum, that will never last in this city. I can't even express how happy I am that this has all turned out exactly as it has. People have been defending this overpaid bum and bad talking Pleks all year and going up one side of me and down the other for my position on both players and look how it is turning out. Pleks is now the hottest player on the team and Samsonov get waived because there is not a single team in the league who wants him...which irionically enough is what I have said all year.

Redemption, I am a hockey genius

I don't think I need to even say it. Maybe Gainey has read my signature. I feel totally redeemed, after all the heat I have taken on here, and just like a predicted, when Gainey finally does dump him everybody will come to their senses and turn on him, which is what I am seeing....of course.

I will just reconfirm what I have been saying since the very first day he signed with us. He is a worthless bum, that will never last in this city. I can't even express how happy I am that this has all turned out exactly as it has. People have been defending this overpaid bum and bad talking Pleks all year and going up one side of me and down the other for my position on both players and look how it is turning out. Pleks is now the hottest player on the team and Samsonov get waived because there is not a single team in the league who wants him...which irionically enough is what I have said all year.

Redemption, I am a hockey genius

All hail the hockey genius!

BTW, how much does a hockey genius get paid ... I mean, the non-GM types? Do they even get a lot of action from the ladies? What are the benifits? ;)

I'm hoping that he will clear waivers, and then he will see that there is no market for him, and then he will STFU and stop asking for trades.

or

That he will be gone and Gainey pulls a big move that finally solves our woes.

I am not happy for you at all C-LOVE

I would have much rather you been incorrect the Habs to be 1st overall and Samsonov to be out scoring Sidney Crosby.

I would rather to have been incorrect as well, but I knew the odds of that happening were next to impossible. The guy just doesn't have what it takes to play in a hockey hotbed like MOntreal. I'm really more surprised that more people didn't see it from the get go as well, I guess people just like to put on rose colored glasses and hope for the best.

You know what I totally am on Samsonov's side for this one...the guy works his effing ass off harder the Koivu on most nights and he still gets demoted to WAIVERS? CMON!!

Him and Koivu have similar outputs in the past 10 games!!!!...He is not the problem..the team ALTOGETHER is a problem....This is a crock of s*it and i am very pissed off to see that the Mgmt of the Canadiens has done such a move. I really think he would be our most valuable asset in the playoffs if we were to keep him....Why is everyone in Montreal so impatient? Who knows...maybe he will come around like Plekanek? He was stellar for Boston when he was with them, and also key for Edmonton...I do not agree with this move at all and I hope that BG has second thoughts unless he is capable of pulling out a miracle trade

I work effing hard to can i have 3.5 mil please?

I would have liked to have seen Sammi with Koivu though. Don't know why it didn't happen. Maybe some thing we don't know. Also, was starting to like the Bonk?Samsonov line. Gave it a whole new dimension.

Still, Gainey is one smart whip!

I've been a lurker here for the last two years, but this past month has really pissed me off!!

I think waiving samsonov was a LOUSY move and Carboneau has to share the brunt of the blame.

With the koivu line looking worse then a Don Cherry suit for the past month, samsonov should have had a chance to play with koivu for a few games.

He has worked hard the last 3-4 games and has even looked better then kovolev. Why the hell is Ryder still playing??? Why is he getting the ice time he is??? he is getting a regular shift, PP and PK time. The bum should have been benched for the past two weeks. What kind of sniper aims for the goalies crest 90% of the time????

I can't understand the line combos that Carbos got going - 2 games with Striet-Koivu-Johnson????

What the hell is the team's best player doing with 3rd/4th liners??? Do we really need BOTH Murrey and Downey playing.

I really think Carbo messed up big time with Samsonov and he his also going to end up running Perozhogin out of town - and i think that perozhogin can be as good as affinagov (spelling probably is wrong), but probably will end up becoming a star somewhere else.

With the way Samsonov has been treated, good luck on the habs signing any free agents (hardly anyone wants to come here already).

I think Sammy didn't help matters by his two trade requests, but the habs know how hard it is to attract free agents, they NEEDED this to work.

OK, now that i have finished my much needed vent.

If no one claims sammy now and he the habs put him on re-entry waivers, and someone does pick him up. Will half his remaining salary only count against this years cap, or will the habs also be on the hook for half his salary next year???

Edited by hab29RETIRED

If no one claims sammy now and he the habs put him on re-entry waivers, and someone does pick him up. Will half his remaining salary only count against this years cap, or will the habs also be on the hook for half his salary next year???

Both years will count. That is why it won't happen. Doesn't make sense. Sammi probably won't be sent down to the minors. They don't want to get rid of him that badly ... unless we sign someone with a large contract sooner rather that later.

Both years will count. That is why it won't happen. Doesn't make sense. Sammi probably won't be sent down to the minors. They don't want to get rid of him that badly ... unless we sign someone with a large contract sooner rather that later.

So what are the habs options then??? If they don't send him to the minors, he still counts against the cap and from what i understand, he can't play for the habs unless he is put through re-entry waivers.

This really should have been Kovalev on waivers, I swear getting rid of that guy could be the single best move this team could pull. I watch the habs now and it feels like the whole team is affected with Kovalev syndrome, show up when you want and only against stronger teams.

Ahwell a shake up is a shake up even if Carbo is making mentally challenged lines, bringing in the worst players in our system, waiving a hard working player who isn't producing and benching our fastest forward who he can't understand how to use properly.

Keep up the good work Carbo :rolleyes: , this year is your rookie year and you get some slack, next year will decide how long you stay. :angry: