Game Thread | Montreal vs. Ottawa | 02/08/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont let me even start with Ryder! Im through with him..he's an idiot! he's missing marbles! that aint sloppy playing that is dreadfull choice painfull watching him make the wrong decisions!!

Ryder is a Garth Murray with a better shot. That's all really.

So, does everyone now belaieve what i keep saying? This team needs a firing burning sale big time. That was another pathetic display.

A trade, yes. A firesale? No way.

ah come on!! firesale? thats what all the other 29 teams want us to do! then we've lost

Remember guys wehn the ryder Higgins koivu were doing it all! it will come back... I never saw the top line be neutralized it was always a minor mistake at the end

the second line is still what it has been all throughout the year a big QUESTION mark the pros are that Plek is 10 times a better player than he was at the start

the third line has seen Bonk turn into the quality shutdown face off winner... so is johnson but that line is missing the Afinogenov in perez who's down again!

and the fourth line we all know what Begin lapierre and Streit would do when they will get healthy

AND DONT FORGET MARKOV WASNT PLAYING!!!

One thing I have to say though ... as much as it sucks to say it... but I really feel the Sens have become masters at acting it up... giving it a notch to draw penalties... they are very quick at feeling the trip the glove..etc... and go flat on their bellies with very good timing.... they have trained well! AS much as that does not have a place in hockey I'm HAPPY we didnt get 2 points using that desperate tactic! Shameless

I nominate the whole Ottawa senators team for an academy award!!!

Edited by CoRvInA

What's with all the optimism?

The Montreal Canadiens are sitting fourth i the Eastern Conference and we're talking about blaming the coach för not making the cut?!

I know it's close down to 8th but look at what teams play in our own division. Buffalo Sabres, the team with the best overall record thus far. Ottawa who could be at 3rd any time soon, and Toronto at 9th with one singe point up to last years cup-winners, but with two games less played.

And Fanpuck33, you use to have good arguments, but now I don't know... Basicly the same team as last year?

Bulis and Bonk from ´06 compared to Johnson and Bonk ´07. There's a big difference. And in my opinion it's the third and fourth line that decides it in the end. What this teams needs is CHEMISTRY up front and the Habs are a contender.

Edited by ch_nl

Why isn't everyone pointing fingers at Koivu? I mean, Jeez, Beliveau got booed in the old Forum for much less than that. The guy wearing a friggin C on his sweater and centering the 1st like and 1st PP unit is 1-3-4, -6 with 20 PIMs in the past 15 games and people are blaming Carbo? What's the coach supposed to do? Unretire and take Koivu spot?

Sorry, but the coach isnt the one paid 4,750,000$ to get points and lead the other 22 guys on the roster; which right now seems to be what the team is lacking most.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Koivu and Ryder should spend the next game in the damn press box....call up Grabovski and dress Samsonov to replace them.

A trade, yes. A firesale? No way.

Well I don't think anybody questions anymore more that this team needs a change. But I have to agree with BTH that a firesale isn't the way to go. "A" trade is the way to go. Maybe involving a few players, but a massive overhaul isn't warranted nor is it at all possible.

On a side note, I havent heard anything about the players calling a team meetings? Has anybody else? Do these guys even care?

Ryder is a Garth Murray with a better shot. That's all really.

ryder was by far the best guy on that line. koviu was problam he worst player out their and higgins was on seen. ryder made very little mistakes out their unlikly alot of other guys taking bad call and give up the puck, like koviu on the fouth goal..

:(

Looks like we will be fighting for 7th or 8th right down to the wire again. Assuming we actually win some games.

Ryder - Has almost reached "Ribs" status in my books. I have had enough :puke:

the problam with team is far from ryder, its the superstar who were sign to make plays and make guy like ryder better, but guy like kovalve,samsonov cant get it done and right now koivu is not looking so hot, and that our 3 best player, with the guys take pentaly all night.. i think its funny you want want to blame ryder and compare to the biggest baby that ever put on a habs jesey.

dont let me even start with Ryder! Im through with him..he's an idiot! he's missing marbles! that aint sloppy playing that is dreadfull choice painfull watching him make the wrong decisions!!

any one who got kovalev and downy as their fav must know good hockey plays when he see them.. lol :lol:

the problam with team is far from ryder, its the superstar who were sign to make plays and make guy like ryder better, but guy like kovalve,samsonov cant get it done and right now koivu is not looking so hot, and that our 3 best player, with the guys take pentaly all night.. i think its funny you want want to blame ryder and compare to the biggest baby that ever put on a habs jesey.

Your right, I'm just looking for someone to put all my anger and disapointments on. I can't do that to Koivu because I love him and turn a blind eye to his constant hooking and falling down.

Ryder is just....so freaking....?!!!!?

Most teams, when trailing by a couple going into the 3rd, would turn up the offensive pressure, send a couple guys in to forecheck, pinch in where appropriate, etc.... and almost always manage to at least outshoot the opposition in the 3rd. In other words, they show that they have some interest in winning.

I've seen none of that recently, and especially last night, from this Habs team. What used to be a very good team at coming back in the 3rd period, has become a team seemingly resigned to its fate when behind. There was one sequence when Ryder made a decent play, using his body to protect the puck, and dumped it in after gaining the red line. Higgins and Koivu both turned in unison to cover guys who were in the neutral zone, allowing Ottawa to get the puck out of their end with ease. They were not protecting a lead, killing a penalty, or changing the lines - why is there nobody forechecking? This happened several times - Bonk's line was the only one chasing the puck (and, not coincidentally, generating chances).

Between indifferent offensive play and the constant lazy penalties, they didn't give themselves a chance to win that game. Carbonneau needs to change things, and NOT the lines yet again. Change the way the team approaches the game, concentrating on an aggressive forecheck to get the guys interested again. This is something PB wrote quite convincingly about before in these forums, and it's got to be tried, if for no other reason than the current system is not working.

Would a trade help? Who knows. Any trade will likely involve only a couple players, though, and that's not the difference between winning and losing for this team. The players who are there today have to step up. I love Koivu, but his play lately has been absolute rubbish. I don't really think Ryder is doing much different, and Higgins has shown signs of improvement, but Koivu has the ability to make those guys better, and has done so in the past, and he ain't getting it done.

I've tried to be optimistic before, and was one of those saying, 'well, we're still in 4th place...', etc. Every team goes through a rough patch, but this is beyond that. We were quite comfortably in 4th place, and now we're very tentatively in 6th place, only 4 points up on 9th. If current trends continue, the Habs will miss the playoffs. Changes must be made to the way the team plays the game.

Huet gift on the first goal was the killer of that game.

When this team trys to come back they blow everything because they have no confidence at this moment.

So please Aebisher or Huet do your miracles in the first period stand up on your heads until this team can finally score a goal.

AND someone else than Souray can shoot to score on power play. Pass drive the net take rebounds.

AND leave Potato Head and Murray out of this line up.

AND Saturday put back Latendresse on the fourth line with Lapierre with Bégin that will be a true energy line. That will give this team back a little spririt.

Yes, it is all Murray's fault the teamis playing poorly. Murray does his job, how about caling out the first line minus 6, Souray likw 8 points or something even strength. Give me a break.

Kovalev said earlier in the season the team should open up. Looking at our personnel, we are not really geared for a defensive Dallas Stars approach.

Singling out Murray is nuts. I think the core should - and will - be eased out over the next two seasons. Gainey is nothing if not patient, and he has a lot of assets down on the farm to allow him to be patient.

Problem is, c'est Montreal mon cher Bob, pas Dallas...

sorry Easy ryder, i just re-read your post, you didn't single out Murray. Focus is off, though.

Edited by tokyohabs

I feel like Begin is the real heart of this team. This team has been heartless since he's been out.

I feel the same way. The unfortunate thing is that he probably won't be the same Begin for about 10 games.

Let's hope his back is good and he won't have to favour it. I've noticed that Higgy doesn't fly into the boards after the puck anymore. He holds back.