Habs at the Deadline

rafikz

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the habs need wingers ... they need a center

and if Biron did go for a first it was probably for Nashville's first ... I highly doubt they used they're lottery pick to get a UFA goalie

Yeah, but Guerin is having a great season ; his presence would not hurt the team

Way to go Gainey!!!!!

GUERIN HAS BEEN TRADED TO SAN JOSE FOR A 1ST ROUND PICK ; WE HAVE 2 1ST ROUND PICK ; WE COULD HAVE USED ONE ..... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Oh, and by the way, I was so wrong about Biron ; Sabres have traded him FOR A 1ST ROUND PICK TOO!!!!!

BOB WTF ?????????? :huh::huh::huh:

Guerin is the incredible disappearing act and highly overrated.

A centre of offensive calibre would be good.

Ok

So, I read somewhere that Jagr could be traded ; should we get him, or is he a cancer? great talent, but questionable work ethic

at what expense ? he makes $8 mil a year as well.

BG doesn't want to sacrifice the furture for a chance to win one round .. if the habs were lighting it up and in 4th still ... I think we'd be seeing bigger moves from BG.

Yeah, but Guerin is having a great season ; his presence would not hurt the team

I bet Lats, Pleks, Hogs and Lapierre and the other young Habs players would disagree. :lol:

Guerin might have been the right price, but he's the wrong player. :P

Guerin is a jack-hole. When he was in Dal he almost killed 1 of their prospects during a practice. It was way worse than the infamous McSorley incident, but because it was during a practice Dal said they would discipline him themselves, which they didnt. The NHLPA should be ashamed of themselves for not doing anything over it.

If the Rags are sellers they could trade Jagr and his cap hit is only somewhere in the range of 4 because the Caps still take half of the hit.

his cap hit is still 8 mil for the NYR ... they only pay half his salary ... you can't split cap hits or salaries anymore ... the only reason this is allowed is because the trade deal was done before the lockout.

his cap hit is still 8 mil for the NYR ... they only pay half his salary ... you can't split cap hits or salaries anymore ... the only reason this is allowed is because the trade deal was done before the lockout.

You are correct for deals made after the new CBA but his cap hit is only 4.94. http://www.nhlnumbers.com/

yeah but it can not happen anymore onces all the old contracts finish.

maybe we should trade for him and make the Rangers pay they're half of his salary .. that way we don't pay him anything and no cap hit ! :lol:

Does anyone know if the first round pick we obtained in the Rivet trade, was San Jose's or New Jersey's [from their previous trade for Malakhov] ?

No you can not do that anymore! :D

I know but wouldn't it be fun ? ... cause if he sucked ... no habs fans could complain that he's getting paid too much for what he's worth. :lol: cause the habs wouldn't be paying him.

Does anyone know if the first round pick we obtained in the Rivet trade, was San Jose's or New Jersey's [from their previous trade for Malakhov] ?

I think it is San Joses because the Devils one went to St. Louis.