Another Souray to L.A. rumour

habscout

This has been discussed previously, but I thought I'd post it anyways. It props up the reason for the Kings moving of Mattias Norstrom, to make some salary room for Souray in the off season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/post/So...-?urn=nhl,25742

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panthers/cont...extra_0304.html

Seen it before nothing new brought up really all 30 teams in the NHL will try to sign Souray if he is still available July 1st.

This will be a test of loyalty. With all this media bullshit, losing streak etc... going on he just may leave, and I wouldn't blame him. I don't want him to go. I'm sure Gainey will try and resign him. Two weeks ago I said he would stay but with all this crap going on with the media causing shit He just may leave. BUMMER.....

Sheldon will likely end up in California IMO. Without a UFA signing that would leave the Habs with:

Markov

Komisarek

Dandenault

Boullion

Gorges

????

Pretty stellar lineup. :rolleyes:

*edit forgot Streit but he's mostly a winger now isn't he?

Edited by David B

Right. And all the 'Souray sucks!' people around here will no doubt be happy as he scores his requisite 20 goals and gives LA a deadly PP.

I said all along we should have dealt him for a C, and I sure hope a crazy bidding war doesn't prove me right... :puke:

B)-->

QUOTE(David B @ Mar 6 2007, 09:35 PM) 194696[/snapback]

Streit will be a full time defenseman next season I hope. In his 4 game stint with Souray they created a lot of offense and were not posting - ratings in the +/- stat.

I haven't forgotten Emelin. I would love to see him come over to Montreal, but there are a few obstacles in his path. First, the Habs have been waiting for a transfer agreement to be signed between Russia and the NHL, to set the standards for what NHL teams will pay Russian clubs for their players. Without it, players like Malkin are forced to "defect" their teams and flee the country.

Next, Emelin plays on a Russian squad where his dad is the coach, and he's getting good ice time. His pay is very good, between $500K-$1M. The financial incentive to leave Russia is low, since it's very likely he will start in the AHL until he can show he's ready to start in the NHL and/or a position opens up for him in the bigs. NHL teams are not willing to promise any prospect a starting spot in the NHL, regardless of the demands of that player, which is pretty common with Russian prospects lately. GM's will remember the disasterous start in Ottawa this season of Alexei Kaigorodov, someone who left the team rather than accept a demotion to the AHL, despite his terrible play for Ottawa.

However, there is O'Byrne, a rookie defenceman in Hamilton, who's play has been improving as the season has progressed. He may surprise some by earning a spot on the club next fall, likely in the #7 spot.

I think everyone keeps on forgetting Emelin over in Russia....

We need him badly if Souray goes!

Edited by habscout

Must sign Markov and Komisarek. The team must not get into losing defenceman as it is very costly to replace them. Look at how Chicago got burned with Acoin (Spelling?)

I would love to see Sheldon back as well, however there are teams out there I am sure are going to offer $6million as they have need of that power play big shot from the blue line.

I will not believe Sheldon is going to LA unless they sign him.

Souray is gone, and david B, i hope you were being sarcastic about having a great D next year with the players yuo have listed. Or you haven't seen a good teams defense play. This D is awfull. Can't skate, don't hit, (komi excluded), can't pass. Don't do anything 5 on 5 accept give up goals. Those stats are not good. Why would they be better next year?

Why would they be better next year?

Because Markov, Komi and Streit are improving...

But Dandy won't improve much at his age. If Bouillon gets back on track, we'll have 2 hitty d-men. But that'll still be an average D in overall...

B)-->

QUOTE(David B @ Mar 6 2007, 09:35 PM) 194696[/snapback]

Sheldon will likely end up in California IMO. Without a UFA signing that would leave the Habs with:

Markov

Komisarek

Dandenault

Boullion

Gorges

????

Pretty stellar lineup. :rolleyes:

As of this second, he's playing D but I found he did better as a forward. Who knows, maybe O'Byrne or Emelin will surprise us next year. I'm quite sure that if Souray leaves, Bob will bring in another good UFA defenceman to take his place, because the 6 guys above are a very weak unit.

Don't forget Konstantin Korneev in Russia. He is having an excellant season and has been playing on the National Team. He is the same age as O'Byrne, but has much more high level experience, and an NHL level skill set. I would think he would be a more likely candidate to crack the lineup at this point than either Emelin or O'Byrne. Korneev could play the PP opposite Markov as well. He would be better than Streit I think.

Maybe they'll finally trade Perez for a Dman... the more they wait, the less we have chances to get a good dman in return.

I hope they trade someone other than Perez. We don't have enough scoring depth on the team, and this guy, if he's EVER unleashed and given a real chance to play, could be a great offensive forward.

I'd be willing to give up Souray if we can add scoring up front. The problem with letting Souray leave is we would not be loosing a good blueliner, we would be loosing a good scorer... as horrible as that sounds its the reality. So take his 6+ mil; which I think he's worth and give it to a true #1 center, a blue chip player that we can build around.

GO HABS GO!

I'd be willing to give up Souray if we can add scoring up front. The problem with letting Souray leave is we would not be loosing a good blueliner, we would be loosing a good scorer... as horrible as that sounds its the reality. So take his 6+ mil; which I think he's worth and give it to a true #1 center, a blue chip player that we can build around.

GO HABS GO!

you're right on there.

I hope they trade someone other than Perez. We don't have enough scoring depth on the team, and this guy, if he's EVER unleashed and given a real chance to play, could be a great offensive forward.

While I like Perezhogin [his Perogi nickname is one of the better ones I've heard lately on the Habs], I was extremely disappointed with his last shootout performance. Up until then, I don't believe I've ever seen an NHL player shoot *wide* of the net on a shootout. For now, he fits in very well on the 3rd line, especially when he uses his speed on the forecheck against the opposition. Earlier in the season when he played that way, he often caused some turnovers in the opposition's or the neutral zone, and sometimes they turned into decent scoring chances for the Habs.

que sera, sera... whatever will be, will be with regards to souray and any personel changes next year...

bottom line, for us, it won't affect our income, our health, our personal relationships, our whatever unless, of course, we let all of this affect these things.

a person with a healthy perspective wouldn't let it do that...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Souray could very well end up in LA, but I don't see the Kings dealing Norstrom as any special indication of that. They are well out of the playoff race and Norstrom was one of the few players on the rostor that fit the late season rental mold. They also dealt Sean Avery awhile back. Jack Johnson has to be signed this summer, I believe, and presuming he makes the team for next season, he is going to cost a pretty penny as well. Rookie max plus all sorts of bonuses probably to the tune of about $3 - 4 million next season.