Game Thread | New York vs. Montreal | 03/13/07

Spider-Man NL

islanders_logo.jpgvrssign.gifcanadiens_logo.jpg

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

islanders50.gif34-24-10 : 78 Points (7th in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif34-30-6 : 74 Points (11th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

New York

2134.gif# 39 Rick DiPietro (30-19-7), 2.60 GAA, .918 Save%

Montreal

Abby2.jpg# 30 David Aebischer (12-11-3), 3.11 GAA, .903 Save%

Islanders Roster
Link

Canadiens Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Latendresse - Koivu - Johnson
Streit - Plekanec - Higgins
Murray - Bonk - Ryder
Kovalev - Lapierre - Begin

d.jpg

Markov - Komisarek
Gorges - Souray
Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg
David Aebischer

Meetings This Year:

Dec. 7th, 2006:montreal50.gif4 islanders50.gif2

Feb. 3rd, 2007:islanders50.gif4 montreal50.gif2

Feb. 24th, 2007:montreal50.gif2 islanders50.gif3

banniere_RenoDepot_AN.jpg

KoivuNYI2.jpg

Halak41Isles.jpg

This game can be seen 7:30pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& fsny_100.gif

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:30 pm on CKAC 730 AM

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO HABS GO!

Let keep the momentum and take this must win game! Beating the Isles will be a four point game.

GO HABS GO!

Why is Kostitsyn an healthy scratch again? He played well in the last games he was dressed :blink:

my thought are the same. I really love streit but a kid like kostitsyn needs some playing time. if he's not going to play here, he might as well go in hamilton playing lots of time in a positive environment(sp??)

Well 4 points back of the Islanders and they have two games at hand. I really am excited for this game and believe in these Canadiens. I hope Kovalev is feeling well enough to play.

Another 4-point game. We better win this one, my brother is running around the house in his new Isles shirt for a couple of weeks now..

thumbe.getty-71799163jm013_philadelphia_

Go :hlogo: go!

Is anyone else pumped? The playoff stretch...are we in are we out?!?! These games are such a good prelude to the playoffs.

Go Habs Go!

Bars A1 prediction. . . . Habs 4 Isles 0

Souray, Koivu, Ryder x2

Lets go boys!

Another 4-point game. We better win this one, my brother is running around the house in his new Isles shirt for a couple of weeks now..

I must say, I'm torn. I want the Habs to win, because they always have been and always will be my team. But then at the same time, I want them to lose so that they'll get a better draft pick AND because the Isles are my unofficial second favourite team thanks to HWL. :P

Ah, what the hell. :ghg:

today's the best time to give a good firm slap behind the head !!

why would one have an Isle jersey in the first place ??

Maybe he got one of those orange 'electric-puke' ones they've been spotted sporting on occasion...I suspect they appeal to the less enlightened amongst us.

mathieu, whack him a bit around until he sees straight and get him in the bleu-blanc-rouge.

Let's see...I'm not usually good at math but lets check...

Abby + puck = rebounds

Ryan Smith + Position = In the goalie's lap

Abby + Ryan Smith = Disaster/many goals

According to my formula, this game is going to be particularly difficult for the Habs to win. Here is hoping Abby starts playing like early in the season!!

Go Habs Go

Why is Kostitsyn an healthy scratch again? He played well in the last games he was dressed :blink:

It's a mystery... I guess Carbo figures that we won last game, so play the same line up, but I would absolutely put him back in the line up.

Frankly, at the beginning of the year, I was really hoping that both Kosty and Perogie would be regulars in the line up this year.... disappointed that it didn't turn out that way...

This would be a good game for Saku to stop sucking. Need the top line to be in the 'plus' column to have a realistic shot of winning games most nights.

Edited by sbhatt

Just wondering if Perezhogin is still hurting??

Would be a good time for him to comeback in the lineup, since Kovalev's not playing. However I guess there are no risks to take with an injury to the head.

There's no news yet about him coming back .

Pray for the season split. When was the last time the Isles won the season series over us?

We should win. I expect us to come out storming.

FROM HABSINSIDEOUT:

A quick update from the Bell Centre:

Alex Kovalev will not dress for tonight's game. Head coach Guy Carbonneau says his Russian forward could be suffering more from vertigo than the flu; doctors are investigating. Look for Andrei Kostitsyn to replace him tonight.

Vertigo? Uh oh :(

Bonk has flu :(

Also Sergei Samsonov, has expressed regret for saying he regretted signing in Montreal last off-season. No link. Found on habsinsideout.com

Maybe this issue will mend in time

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Also Sergei Samsonov, has expressed regret for saying he regretted signing in Montreal last off-season. No link. Found on habsinsideout.com

like it says: he regrets having said it. I don't know what thr problem with samsonov really is but he really should shut his yap, especially when he's not putting good numbers at all.

were in soo much trouble with no kovalev no bonk and aebischer in net. this flu is also BS!!!! there is no heart here we are fighting for our lives and these guys aint playin because of the "flu"