Game Thread | New York vs. Montreal | 03/13/07

Spider-Man NL

Wow that was impressive.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but could you imagine if Kostitsyn was here all year instead of Samsonov.

Koivu had kind of a rough game but I just think he was trying to do to much Kovalev stuff tonight on the power play.

Aebischer stopped all 6 shots the Habs allowed in the third, good work by the Habs for limiting the shots and Abby keeping the Habs in the game, I know he was out of position a few times but he really played well except the penalty shot.

Instead of Perez, instead of Kovalev!!!

He displayed it all tonight... As good if not better than Perez in the hitting/defensive game while being able to display mad offensive skills and more grit / intensity than Kovalev...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of Perez, instead of Kovalev!!!

He displayed it all tonight... As good if not better than Perez in the hitting/defensive game while being able to display mad offensive skills and more grit / intensity than Kovalev...

That was pretty exciting, we have been waiting a long time for that. It was a sweet pass and it resulted in a goal. I can understand why everybody is gushing right now

Edited by Wamsley01

RE : Kovalev when he gets back > on the 4th goddamn line and 2nd PP Unit. The best game he's played in the second half of the season was in St-Louis when he was put with Begin and Lapierre... So I'm saying he should play with them for the rest of the season.

Perez has been decent with Bonk and Johnson... so leave him there too.

so when both come back (and Bonk too) you bench Murray, put back Dandy and Streit on D and leave the 2 first lines as they are.

That was pretty exciting, we have been waiting a long time for that. It was a sweet pass and it resulted in a goal. I can understand why everybody is gushing right now

Made a similar pass last season when he was called up... backhand pass to whoever it was...

Productive night. The Rags lose, Isles lose, stay even with Canes and Leafs.

Really had to have that win going into the third, otherwise we'd be 4 out with teams in between.

if we agree Kost sticks on that second line, what do we do with Kovy when he comes back? Should be interesting to see the lineup for Friday night.

The Canes win hurts more than T.O over TB. If we make the playoffs, we have to own the Leafs in our 2 games versus each other.

It's a good news bad news night. More good than bad :D

Lions Of Winter?

Keep it up

RE : Kovalev when he gets back > on the 4th goddamn line and 2nd PP Unit. The best game he's played in the second half of the season was in St-Louis when he was put with Begin and Lapierre... So I'm saying he should play with them for the rest of the season.

so when both come back (and Bonk too) you bench Murray, put back Dandy and Streit on D and leave the 2 first lines as they are.

Made a similar pass last season when he was called up... backhand pass to whoever it was...

:clap:

I could definitely live with that!

:ghg:

But did they score? Just like Grabovski, that move vs the Rangers was awesome, but if he scored we would have went crazy! It is nice to see it go in at an integral part of the game.

alexstream I know that Kovlaev played great against St. Louis on the "4th line" but he still played over 20 minutes and thats a must for a talented guy if you give him the chances he is a game breaker and he proved it. So I have no problem with him playing with bangers and crashers on even strength but he needs PP time and lots of it.

Productive night. The Rags lose, Isles lose, stay even with Canes and Leafs.

Really had to have that win going into the third, otherwise we'd be 4 out with teams in between.

if we agree Kost sticks on that second line, what do we do with Kovy when he comes back? Should be interesting to see the lineup for Friday night.

keep him on the fourth line with Laps and Begin. I like the idea of balanced scoring threats from all our lines.

GO HABS GO!

Can't wait for our next game. lets see this same energy again.

GO HABS GO!

Someone send an email to Bob and Carbo to keep the kids playing. I love the energy and chemistry, this is exactly what we need to keep pace with a team like the sabres who can be explosively fast and young.

GO HABS GO!

No credit going to the person who single handedly won this game for us?

If it wasn't for Begin Dipietro would have been in and probably shut us down. Begin the heart of Montreal.

I'm not sure Begin was happy to have caused "Dipie" an injury; however I do agree with your assessment, if he was not hurt this may not have turned out the same way. So I'll give begin credit for trying to beat Dipietro to the puck; but I'll give Dunham credit too for sucking in net compared to the usually stellar Dipie; and single handedly gave up a chance to win!

GO BEGIN GO!

GO HABS GO!

I won the game for us because I went to the Blues game and I give teams good karma.

(see vancouver)

I'm telling you guys, the team came alive when I saw them. Something lit a fire under them.

*considers starting a "send PTG to the Habs season opener in October" foundation*

What a nice game from our forwards...Take out Murray (useless) and put in Kovy...let him catch some of the fever, and we are set.

I have no faith in Abby and I think even when he made saves, he looked shaky tonight. We need to keep skating like we did tonight, so we can take pressure off him to let him get better.

Definitely was disappointed to see us still in 11th after this, but at least we kept pace....really looks like the streaky team will win.

I would love to win in PIT, going into saturday against TO!!!

Keep on keepin' on PTG :clap:

Well it worked for Vancouver. Ever since the 'woke up' against the blues in October they haven't looked back. I saw Murray and co. wake up against the blues as well. I said after the first goal the blues had something in the team changed. Murray got decked at centre ice and when he got up he had a huge smile on his face. After that hit the Habs got super fiscal and tough.

I'm telling yeah, something woke this team up.

I'm not sure Begin was happy to have caused "Dipie" an injury; however I do agree with your assessment, if he was not hurt this may not have turned out the same way. So I'll give begin credit for trying to beat Dipietro to the puck; but I'll give Dunham credit too for sucking in net compared to the usually stellar Dipie; and single handedly gave up a chance to win!

GO BEGIN GO!

GO HABS GO!

dipietro got what he deserved for always wandering

Huge huge win, we had no other option but to win this game so we live another day anyway. reffing unreal again tonight so much crap they let the islanders get away with. good to finally see kostitsyn show us he can play at this level, 2 beauty setups

Kositsyn a plekanec ET LE BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alexstream I know that Kovlaev played great against St. Louis on the "4th line" but he still played over 20 minutes and thats a must for a talented guy if you give him the chances he is a game breaker and he proved it. So I have no problem with him playing with bangers and crashers on even strength but he needs PP time and lots of it.

yup, give him the icetime, but let him be the go to offensive guy on the line... put him with crashers (who are not Owen Wilson and .

But did they score? Just like Grabovski, that move vs the Rangers was awesome, but if he scored we would have went crazy! It is nice to see it go in at an integral part of the game.

yes they did. maybe it was in preseason now that i think of it. this preseason maybe... i cant tell.

Maybe Glenn Healy will inadvertently spark us again? In 04 he stated that Boston got lucky to play against Montreal because it would be a short series.

Tonight he said we were dead in the water and had no direction, said we werent a factor in the playoff race. This happened in the second intermission...

Healy is an R Tard.

Last year on "next question" with M. Landsberg was asked before those last two home games against the Leafs if the Habs will make the playoffs. His response was something like.. playoffs for the Habs ha these next two games agianst the Leafs are the Habs playoffs they are done.

HW Game Recap: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1383

and... Vince Vaughn. :D

lol yeah, I forgot that it was left incomplete... must have had the munchies manh :):lol:

---------

Carbo totally outcoached Nolan or his defensive Assistant though!!!

Sean Hill and Brendan Witt couldn't keep up with Kost, Plek and Higgins and that was the secret of our success tonight! :D

----

I liked the fact that Koivu was a total no-factor in that game... imagine when he'll wake up..

He was SOOOO frikkin soft tonight!

Also, we won and Souray didn't get any points... feels strange :D