Game Thread | Rangers vs. Canadiens | 03/27/07

Spider-Man NL

Fact: the 4 goals Kovy's scored in the past 2 games were all about a foot or two away from the goal crease....someone's starting to get hungry (finally!).

And a little luck on his side finally. How many times has he hit the post this year? Like 15?

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 garbage goals on the PP, one of which he probably didn't touch, and he still manages to be -4 over the past three games. :angry:

That's averaging over 18 minutes per game ice time, and 4 minutes per game PP time.

4 garbage goals on the PP, one of which he probably didn't touch, and he still manages to be -4 over the past three games. :angry:

That's averaging over 18 minutes per game ice time, and 4 minutes per game PP time.

I'd respond, but I am too happy with this victory to dabble in your negative trivialities. Way to go HABS and Kovalev!!!

They all count the same dont they. He touched all of them by the way. His -4 had nothing to do with him. Both goals tonight were fluky goals that deflected off sticks.

I'm starting to find out who the negative nonsense people who always bash Kovalev are on these boards. OneSharpMarble is one, Bobby is another. We'll see who else.

What "negative nonsense", bandwagoner? I was about the only one saying the Habs shouldn't tank the season a couple of weeks back. Not sure if you were one of the crowd whining because Gainey didn't trade Souray and try to finish as low as possible to get a better draft pick, or one of the crowd whining because Gainey didn't trade for some ancient goaltender to fill in for Huet, but pretty well every poster on the board besides me was in one camp or the other. I was the only one saying that they were capable of making the playoffs with the team they had and Halak in goal. I judge Kovalev on the whole season, not 2 games out of 82. He has been crap on and off the ice for about 90% of the time, and will be crap for 90% of the time in the future.

“He’s a very good player with a lot of skill,” said Jagr. “With all that talent, he can hurt you, especially when he gets hot. Unfortunately for us, Kovy is playing really well right now.”

WOOOOO!!! :lol:

“The older you get, the tougher it is to find that spark during such a long season,” explained Koivu after his four-assist night against New York. “Alex is sure feeling it right now. Once he gets on a roll, it’s like no one can stop him. When he’s playing like this, he can almost win games by himself.”

Damn straight!!!! :clap: GO HABS GO!

I judge Kovalev on the whole season, not 2 games ut of 82. He has been crap on and off the ice for about 90% of the time, and will be crap for 90% of the time in the future.

yes, he has been very disappointing for pretty well the whole season except for maybe a handful of games... but what're we going to do... complaining won't help any except maybe for letting others know where we stand

on the other hand, if he's actually waking up in the 'crunch' time, well, all the better for us...

GO :hlogo: GO!

How many games has it been this season that Montreal came back to win it after being down? And recently? wow.

Habs are the best come back team in the league.

11 comeback wins when down after 1 period

10 comeback wins when down after 2 periods

Habs are 2nd in wins where they are scored on first, tied with Buffalo at 17 and one behind the Wild.

Habs are 2nd in wins where they are scored on first, tied with Buffalo at 17 and one behind the Wild.

nice info there, j... thanks...

Anyone think Kosti needs to shoot more?

Since Kost's hot streak (march 2nd till now) started, he had has had 1 g and 9 a for 10 pts in 10 games. We could all agree he's very quick, great hands and is a great passer.

But did any of you know he clocked 101 mph in the slap shot competition? The guy has a great shot and its time he starts using it.

Look at his shot totals since March 2nd:

2-1-2-2-0-2-1-1-5-0

I wanna see some goals!!!

“He’s a very good player with a lot of skill,” said Jagr. “With all that talent, he can hurt you, especially when he gets hot. Unfortunately for us, Kovy is playing really well right now.”

WOOOOO!!! :lol:

“The older you get, the tougher it is to find that spark during such a long season,” explained Koivu after his four-assist night against New York. “Alex is sure feeling it right now. Once he gets on a roll, it’s like no one can stop him. When he’s playing like this, he can almost win games by himself.”

Damn straight!!!! :clap: GO HABS GO!

let's hope it continues... he has the talent to do it... he's got the killer shot and moves... let's see it in action for us till the last game we play...

Anyone think Kosti needs to shoot more?

Since Kost's hot streak (march 2nd till now) started, he had has had 1 g and 9 a for 10 pts in 10 games. We could all agree he's very quick, great hands and is a great passer.

But did any of you know he clocked 101 mph in the slap shot competition? The guy has a great shot and its time he starts using it.

Look at his shot totals since March 2nd:

2-1-2-2-0-2-1-1-5-0

I wanna see some goals!!!

give him time, k46... he's likely still feeling his way around the system... the fact that he's producing as he's doing is great in itself...

i believe it'll come...

Great 20 minutes, otherwise we lost.

All I am going to say is.

20WINS TO THE CUP !!!

Don't forget to call home.

Keep it up AK27, 4 in 2 and I say 16 more before it is all said amd done. :P

I judge Kovalev on the whole season, not 2 games out of 82. He has been crap on and off the ice for about 90% of the time, and will be crap for 90% of the time in the future.

Crap kind of like 90% of the stuff you say on here right? And that very well might be an understatement :lol:

Edited by justintb

What "negative nonsense", bandwagoner? I was about the only one saying the Habs shouldn't tank the season a couple of weeks back. Not sure if you were one of the crowd whining because Gainey didn't trade Souray and try to finish as low as possible to get a better draft pick, or one of the crowd whining because Gainey didn't trade for some ancient goaltender to fill in for Huet, but pretty well every poster on the board besides me was in one camp or the other. I was the only one saying that they were capable of making the playoffs with the team they had and Halak in goal. I judge Kovalev on the whole season, not 2 games out of 82. He has been crap on and off the ice for about 90% of the time, and will be crap for 90% of the time in the future.

We are not safe in the playoffs yet. I read loads of lies in this post. I think everyone said this team is capable of making the playoffs with Halak in goal but it would be tougher. Dont come here and say that you were the only one having right and all others were wrong because thats just stupid, end of story.

I say it again... we havent made the playoffs yet. I still think we need to get at least 7-8 of the 10 remaining points in the final 5 games. Ottawa and Bufallo coming up, I think we need at least 2-3 points in these two games and that wont be easy.

Welll thats some excellent hockey against teams that we are fighting for a playoff spot with.

Now lets see what Montreal can do against some top notch competition like Ottawa and Buffalo.

Its going to be an exciting weekend of hockey with the playoffs all but determined for Montreal by the end of it

Anyone noticed last night how the team looked lost without Markov in the third period when he got hit on the feet ??

Ninimaa is doing ok but Streit is a much more effective leading defenseman when Markov is not on the ice.

They switch Gorges and Ninimaa but i would rather see Streit on the blue line than those two.

On the other hand Streit intercepted at least 4 long pass while he was playing behind the play, Ryder giving away the puck with Koivu too deep in the zone. He's valuable there too because he covers both Koivu and Ryder poor defensive play 5-5.

They looked lost in the first period with Markov. So i don't know your point is. He had numerous turnovers in the first just like everyone else.

The D zone WILL be the unduing of this team, they had to have had more turnovers then shots. They were lucky to win last night with the 2 periods they didn't show up in.

Bad News:

Stupid Penalties AGAIN

Turnovers (they have more turnovers then a bakery)

Can't get the puck out of there own end.

Only a solid 20 minutes again

Good news:

They played the best period they have all year

A Koivu sighting, nice to see.

2nd line looked great again

Were physical for about 30 minutes

2 points and a win

When they actually play hard they can do damage.

I am still not even convinced they can make the playoffs, they have good spurts and really bad ones in the same game. Much tougher schedule now. I am one who is hoping for a higher pick and moving the core out and missing the playoffs will help. However i must admit i will never routte against the Habs or think they should tank. So the chips will fall and we'll see where they are.

I am one who is hoping for a higher pick and moving the core out and missing the playoffs will help

The higher pick is not as important this year because the draft is not a top ten strong draft this year. There are many players with potential but nothing outstanding. The 18th choice could be as good as the 12th.

Moving the core out slowly by bringing young developped players i have nothing about that.

My point was that Markov is our key D and i don't trust Ninimaa and Gorges, i like Streit more as a defenseman that it.

But if you think that Markov is part of the core that we have to part with then who should we replace him with ???

No, i would keep Markov. I like Gorges, he can skate and move the puck. Which no other D really does. Gorges isn't very physical though. I was more thinking of Bouillon, Souray and Dandy being moved. Obviously they won't all be moved, but as you saw last night the Habs D has alot to be desired as far as the amount of turnovers, losing battles, being out of position, etc. They need an upgrade on the back end.

interesting stat. I knew that Mtl had a lot of comeback wins, but I figured it had at least a little bit to do with falling behind a lot. To see that Buffalo is in that group too is somewhat comforting.

OK, those are the total numbers, but what are the comeback rates? Is Buffalo coming back like every time they fall behind or is montreal as good?

I nice review of sbhatt and kost46's posts are necessary. I have never seen such a string of bad posts in my life. It seems everything they said came back and bit them in the ass. Bashing Saku, he picks up 4 assists, saying Henrik could not allow 3 goals in one game - he gets pulled after 4. I read the whole thread in one sitting and had to laugh. Abby4Life is now off the hook.

Good job, Saku...you selfish little bastard.

Now its over.

3 goals against Lundqvist is not possible sorry.

Kipper sucked in October.

Lundvist has like a 1.73 gaa and 0.935 save % in his last 37 games.

You dont get it do you? Roy sucked that year, Lundqvist has been the best goalie in the WHOLE LEAGUE the past 3 months. 1.73 GAA in his last 37 games.

Only 3 goals allowed in his last 5 games.

As an accused Koivu-basher, I'd like to point out that Koivu did NOT pass that puck to Kovalev; he was attempting a lame forehand-backhand stuff-job at the side of the net that he lost the puck on...luckily.

Anyways, Kovy scores!!! Go Habs Go!!!

What a stupid penalty.

This teams inability to hold a lead is a disgrace.

I told ya'll we would win!!!

They all count the same dont they. He touched all of them by the way. His -4 had nothing to do with him. Both goals tonight were fluky goals that deflected off sticks.

I'm starting to find out who the negative nonsense people who always bash Kovalev are on these boards. OneSharpMarble is one, Bobby is another. We'll see who else.

Edited by C-Love

booby kost46 should go cheer for a team they like. This team is obviously not for them. They are constantly overly critical which half the time does not even make sense. Hell they critisize when we score and when we win. I say you are not habs fans and should go cheer for detroit or something.

Dude you were spouting off about how it was over after the seond goal! You call me negative after pulling that is hilarious.

So Kovalev showed up last night, got a couple more goals, doesn't change how he played the rest of the season. I stand behind what I said and I still think we should move him. We pay 4.5mill for a scoring threat, maybe if he was consistant we wouldn't be fighting for 8th.

Edited by OneSharpMarble