Canadiens sign Price to three-year deal

mathieu30

This is only the beginning of good news for the Habs throughout the summer.

Price easily got max rookie deal with all the bonuses. Latendresse got the max salary without the bonuses, Price is definitely worthy of more.

Price will be invited to go to Hamilton, to act as the team's 3rd goalie. I don't expect him to play at all, but it would be helpful for him to be around some more experienced, professional players.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=5855

Very nice! High-five!

Awesome, can't wait to see him get some playing time in the AHL.

In my mind, this means Halak will be off to Russia to backup Budaj at the World Championships.

He is taking care of business in a steady fashion - this is good news to hear!!!!!!

p.s. just waiting for the forst post that says we should be firing Gainey for taking so long to get this done..... I mean he waited 'til almost the last minute possible :D

draft day deal could fix that problem with too many goalies. I like this move. lets see what else we learn today from the media session in montreal.

go habs go!

I wonder what Halak could bring us as far as trades go? His numbers weren't great, but he had some great games. I think he needs another year with the Habs for sure.

This is amazing. Danis and Price with the bulldogs, and Huet and Halak with the Habs.

For some reason as of right now I think Halak will be better than Price. I hope I am wrong and Price truns into a Luongo/Brodeur horse type goalie who will win 40+ every season and play 60+ games.

Very nice! High-five!

Awesome, can't wait to see him get some playing time in the AHL.

In my mind, this means Halak will be off to Russia to backup Budaj at the World Championships.

Halak could very well start if he goes because Budaj isn't. Injured.

Price will be invited to go to Hamilton, to act as the team's 3rd goalie. I don't expect him to play at all, but it would be helpful for him to be around some more experienced, professional players.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=5855

I'm sure Price will get a chance to play before the season ends and we go into the playoffs. The Bulldogs still have 4 games remaining in the regular season. Halak is out of the picture....he's off to the World Championships for slovakia.....and Sauve has been awful for the Bulldogs recently. I expect Price to back-up Yann Danis.

Sauve doesn't belong to Montreal organization, and Danis is likely to be cut loose next season, so Price will play. The Dogs have clinched their playoff spot, there isn't much to lose. Not that Carey is likely to be less effective than either of the aforementioned.

Thats wicked I hope Halak dominates the WC's.

What an incredible year for Halak. He was named to the AHL All Star team, the AHL All Rookie team, and may even win AHL ROTY. With a bit of luck, he could have made the NHL All Rookie team as well. A couple more games, a couple more wins, and he would have put up the best numbers of any NHL rookie goaltender this year despite the late start. As it is, he put himself in the front seat to be Montreal's top goaltender next season. Gainey says all the right things about Huet, but the guy has such a fundamentally flawed style he can't last as a #1 goalie in the league. That is why the L.A. Kings threw him in with Bonk in the deal for Garon.

Now Jaro is off to start at the WC, and he is still just 21 years old. B)

Plus Halak still qualifies as an NHL rookie next season. Shades of Ken Dryden winning a Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup before he won his Calder Trophy back in the day.

Yes, exactly like that except Halak did not win the Conn Smythe or Stanley Cup.

Yes, exactly like that except Halak did not win the Conn Smythe or Stanley Cup.

Nor is anyone likely too in the future. But Halak came within a whisker of being the top rookie goaltender in the NHL, is about even odds to be an NHL starter next season, and will carry the load for his country at the World Championships, all before his 22nd birthday and while still eligible for the Calder Trophy next season. I think Dryden was 23 when he won the Conn Smythe and his first Cup, 24 when he won ROTY.