Anaheim Ducks Win The 2007 Stanley Cup

They play only 2 pairings. 3 of the 4 defenceman they actually use playe 27-30 minutes a night with O'Donnell getting a decent amount of minutes. So yeah, you could theoretically wear them down but the guys they rely on are superstars. Don't plan your strategy on Niedermayer being too exhausted to play well in Game Seven of the SCF. It all comes down to who's the better hockey team.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember during the Canucks series that the Ducks play really only 3 lines with 3 defensive pairings. I remember they got really tired in those OT games because the 3 lines only caught up with them.

To me that's the Duck's weakness. If your a fast/physical team you can wear the Ducks down.

Yep. If you have speed and can match the Ducks physically somewhat, you certainly have a chance. The playoffs are about two important factors and those are chemistry and health. The Ducks and Sens for that matter, both have them and that's why they've made it so far. I seriously stand by the point that had the Canucks been healthy, we would have beaten Anaheim. Now to the point. If Ottawa can somehow be more effective overall and give the Ducks a hard time generating offensive chances and keep them at bay, then Ottawa can win this series. They have a good distribution of talent throughout their lineup and this certainly helps because they're healthy(McAmmond being able to play would help). Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.....

Enough with what I think. I'm still cheering for Anaheim though.

They play only 2 pairings. 3 of the 4 defenceman they actually use playe 27-30 minutes a night with O'Donnell getting a decent amount of minutes. So yeah, you could theoretically wear them down but the guys they rely on are superstars. Don't plan your strategy on Niedermayer being too exhausted to play well in Game Seven of the SCF. It all comes down to who's the better hockey team.

Especially considering the long breaks between games. There's another two-day break between game five and six if it goes that long.

As he should be. Will Ottawa take advantage where Detroit failed to?

Yes and since it was his second offence, if the NHL wants to really get serious about head shots then it should have been for two games . Make it an escalating scale..... cross the line & pay the price!

Edited by beliveau1

Yes and since it was his second offence, if the NHL wants to really get serious about head shots then it should have been for two games . Make it an escalating scale..... cross the line & pay the price!

:clap:

I don't know faerie, I think you're underestimating Giggy. I don't think he'll let in 3 goals. Maybe go with 2-0.

How many times have I told you to stop looking in mirrors? Everybody else seems to know that mirrors show the opposite of reality. :P

Sens will tie it up tonight

They might.

However, I still feel that "The Great Getzy" will lead the Ducks to victory. :clap:

Go Sens! Between two cities that are not passionate about their hockey teams I prefer the one closer to Montreal