Playoff Pressure Cooker

BTH

Playoff Pressure  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the most pressure on him to perform, these playoffs?

• Sidney Crosby
    • Marty Turco
    • Johan Holmqvist
    • Daniel Alfredsson
    • Joe Thornton
    • Lou Lamoriello
    • Todd Bertuzzi
    • Don Waddell
    • Bryan Murray
    • John Tortorella

The TSN poll was a bit lame so I added a few options. Which guys are in danger of losing their job/reputations if they have an early exit in the playoffs?

My vote is Alfredsson. He's been playing awesome though (having a great Game 2 as I type this, as well).

Thornton. Two loses to the Habs? Then, missing in action last year in the clincher game and he has one major suntan. Most likely resulting in dehydration. He has a flat tire game. :?-

Last night Joe was substandard for his supposed level of talent. :?-

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Tough choices ... I think Bryan Murray with Ottawa's past disappointments has the most pressure with Joe Thornton a close 2nd with SJ

I went with Turco because he's got the most to lose. If he blows it this year again, he'll become the new Patrick Lalime.

With Thornton, he may get moved, but there'll always be some nutcase who goes out and signs him to huge money like Yashin.

I went with Turco because he's got the most to lose. If he blows it this year again, he'll become the new Patrick Lalime.

With Thornton, he may get moved, but there'll always be some nutcase who goes out and signs him to huge money like Yashin.

I think it would depend on how they lose .. he can stand on his head and Dallas can still lose. if he lets in some crappy goals that break the back of the team then yes he can become a Lalime type.

I think it would depend on how they lose .. he can stand on his head and Dallas can still lose. if he lets in some crappy goals that break the back of the team then yes he can become a Lalime type.

Well yeah, that's exactly what I said. If he blows it, he's gone.

I am with you Macaskill.

Thornton was just terrible last night.

Huge giveaway on the 5 on 3 and he missed a wide open net electing to slide the puck on the ice allowing a Preds defender to block it.

I truly hope no matter how Thornton is playing in 2 years he is not on the next olympic squad.

Eh, I went with Turco but I'd honestly have to pick someone in Detroit management, Holland or Babcock. Those fans are getting tired of embarassing early exits and I think someones head will roll if they blow this series against the Flamers.

i think you forgot Luongo, but well he did well the first game..(dunno the second)

I thought of him but I wanted to have a perfect 10 options and I figured everyone would vote for Turco, Thornton or Alfredsson anyway.

Luongo really doesn't have the "pressure" of the likes of Turco etc. Remember this is the first time he's been in the playoffs. So he's a newbie.

He'll get criticized though if he doesn't do well, the same with Crosby.

But they won't be calling for Crosby's or Luongo's head after an early exit, that would be just really silly.

Turco on the other hand, has been to the playoffs handful of times and yet he hasn't produced. If Dallas loses to Vancouver (which I think they will) Turco won't be in a Stars uniform next year.

He will be this year's Manny Legacy.

I truly hope no matter how Thornton is playing in 2 years he is not on the next olympic squad.

Yeah, and I'm sick and tired of Cherry on Thornton this and that. Hart trophies mean jack squat if you blow a tire when it matters. Remember the 2005 World Championship? Smyth was disappointing but Thornton was worse. I'm not sugarcoating anything here. Thornton sucked sucked sucked and was just awful.

It really hits home when he plays on your team and you see it for yourself. My team is the Habs but I feel strongly for Canada and my country too.

Prove us wrong Joe. You suck at the moment in my eyes. Change our perspectives. I still vote the "Playoff Pressure Cooker" to this Hart winning number 1 pick. :blink:

Hart? Yes. :clap:

Heart? No. :wacko:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Thornton wins hands down. If he plays even moderately well and SJ wins the cup he will be considered one of the top 3 skaters in the league. With an early exit he starts to look like a playoff liability. He's failed in the playoffs too many times now. Its starting to look like more than a coincidence.

Edited by Peter Puck

Luongo really doesn't have the "pressure" of the likes of Turco etc. Remember this is the first time he's been in the playoffs. So he's a newbie.

He'll get criticized though if he doesn't do well, the same with Crosby.

But they won't be calling for Crosby's or Luongo's head after an early exit, that would be just really silly.

Turco on the other hand, has been to the playoffs handful of times and yet he hasn't produced. If Dallas loses to Vancouver (which I think they will) Turco won't be in a Stars uniform next year.

He will be this year's Manny Legacy.

I think it's unfair to say that he'll get tossed if the team simply loses. He could play lights out and his team could still lose. In that case, I would say that he would stay.

Interesting. Two Swedes and no Finns. :P

wait !! there marty Turku.

oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh It's TURCO....sorry my bad !!

My pick is Murray and/or Muckler. anything shy of a third round might send them out looking for employement!!

For me its Bryan Murray with Turco a close second.

Ottawa needs to shed its playoff chokin' history. And Turco has a same coat to shed.

For me its Bryan Murray with Turco a close second.

Ottawa needs to shed its playoff chokin' history. And Turco has a same coat to shed.

so far so good for turco..he's been solid so far !