If I had 10 million dollars...

JoeLassister

As a result of the Kim Clisters thread : What would you do with your life with 10 millions of dollars in your bank account at the age of 30?

Personnaly, i'd would save 5 of them in an account where i can make it grow. For the 5 millions remaining, i'd buy a kind of "card" which would allow me to play golf everywhere in the world, but dunno if it exists. Then, i could play about twice a month in as many differents countries than i'd want to and visit every country by the way.

As a result of the Kim Clisters thread : What would you do with your life with 10 millions of dollars in your bank account at the age of 30?

Personnaly, i'd would save 5 of them in an account where i can make it grow. For the 5 millions remaining, i'd buy a kind of "card" which would allow me to play golf everywhere in the world, but dunno if it exists. Then, i could play about twice a month in as many differents countries than i'd want to and visit every country by the way.

Bank some of it

Set up a trust fund for my kids education

Quit my job

Establish an alternative energy company

Bulid my mom a house

some travel

...I'd publically announce my retirement-for-life just to piss Pierre off.

Nah, just kidding. I haven't a clue what I'd do. Buy some dinosaur toys for my newphew Nino, he's nuts, he's obsessed with dinosaurs. :lol:

Hmmm what would I do, lol, tough question.

I'd finish school first. Then take like a year off just to travel the world. Got some places in Europe I need to see. One being where my grandpa grew up in Hungary. (get in touch with my hungarian side lol), second finding the other side of my family in Germany and Hungary (apparently they're the smarter bunch, lol). Then travel to Poland find the Soviet Workers Camp my grandmother was enslaved at.

So that would be pretty emotional.

Especially if I can find the workers camp and little town in Hungary. (it goes by a different name now)

Oh I'd like to visit Sweden.

I could spend a year in France alone.

Same for the UK.

Oh and I'd like to find the family that my grandpa worked for as a serf in pre world war II Austria. That'd be cool. When I think about my grandparents and what they went through I realize how random my life is.

That's very sobering.

And I'd like to see every province/territory of Canada.

Some summer I want to drive from Vancouver to Montreal and then back to Saint Louis. Making stops in Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, spend a day in Ottawa, Toronto, and a few days in Montreal.

I also want to drive up to the Arctic Ocean. I saw this 5 minute piece on the National on CBC about the Dempster Highway.

Then I'd use the rest of my money to start a lobbyst group in Ottawa for the Canadian government to set up a sort of Peace Corp like the US except for Canadians. Because Canada I believe would benefit from a program like that. The youth would realize how lucky they are.

Like most sensible people, I'd first set aside a good bit of it for the future. Aside from that, I have no idea. One thing that would be cool would be to road trip all over the US and Canada to see a game at every NHL arena.

Offcourse i put a lot aside so i can live of the interest. And my future is save, and my family's future.

I would buy a home in north America, and one in the Alpes(holidays) . I would travel a lot. I would go to school maybe, and finally do the education in "History" i always wanted to do.

I would kick it, layback style (well just like im doing right now :P )

Would see a lot of Concerts and Festivals all over the world!

See the Habs!!

( a lot would go to research for a particular disease)

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Oh I'd like to visit Sweden.
Guess I better pray you never win the lottery or else I'm gonna have to learn to shut up. ;)

They say that from a Swedish perspective, Canada is more like home than the States. I can't tell whether that is true, I only spent one week in Montreal and I come from a town that's big by Swedish standards, but really small by your standards (Västerås has about 130,000 inhabitants).

See the Habs!!
Now there's a thought. I have seen 'em once and I wouldn't mind doing it again. Edited by Doktor Kosmos

the way it's going, you could have him at the minimum price real soon !!

I would clear all of mine and my parents debt, then build the house of my dreams, put some away, and invest in building an office building in downtown Fredericton. Then rent this office building out to rich companies and watch my investment grow.

Id also take my dad to see a game in every ballpark and hockey arena. Seasons tickets would be cool too.

:hlogo:

Now there's a thought. I have seen 'em once and I wouldn't mind doing it again.

Yeah i've been to Montreal once, but couldnt see them then :(

And this september i'm going to north america again, but no Montreal this time(and its to early). I need to see them!!!!

Never saw Office Space but heard its hysterical.

"And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire... " :D

If I had 10 million dollars I'd like to sit in the greasy spoon and wonder Gee, "Should I have steak or barbecued rib with a side order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol, I want to eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, I wanna smoke a cuban cigar the size of Cincinatti in the NON smoking section. I wanna run through the streets naked, with green Jello all over my body reading playboy magazine, Why? Because I might suddenly feel the need to, Ok Pal?"

If I had 10 million dollars I'd like to sit in the greasy spoon and wonder Gee, "Should I have steak or barbecued rib with a side order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol, I want to eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, I wanna smoke a cuban cigar the size of Cincinatti in the NON smoking section. I wanna run through the streets naked, with green Jello all over my body reading playboy magazine, Why? Because I might suddenly feel the need to, Ok Pal?"

:lol:, i would certainly do crazy thing like rent the Olympic stadium for a night and organize a 500 persons paintball game or something. Imagine how much i should spend to clean this whole thing up.

Lawrence: Well, what about you now? what would you do?

Peter Gibbons: Nothing.

Lawrence: Nothing, huh?

Peter Gibbons: I would relax... I would sit on my ass all day... I would do nothing.

Lawrence: Well, you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Take a look at my cousin: he's broke, don't do shit.

First off I would pay my familly debts but that would leave me with 9.85M left to spend

I would safely invest a few millions

I would travel to France,Germany,Brazil,Australia,Japan and the US

I'd buy a nice hosue but nothing tooo bigg.. i'd put expensive furniture in it tough and a bigass TV