Markov, it's done!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's 5 million a year/4 years it's the best deal i was hoping for.

Thre has been no news for his knee injury but i can't imagine Habs signing without

confirmatation by habs medical staff.

In the same time that type of money given to Markon shows Emelin that if he comes

to America, play his best one day he may have this kind of contract. If he stay's in Russia

no way he could have this kinf of money one day.

F&%KIN A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry.. Im so happy.

CH

Excellent!

Probably the reported offer was just now accepted.

Gainey: "It says in the paper that I offered $5 million for 4 years."

Meehan: "Sounds about right."

Gainey: "Done. Tea?"

Meehan: "Oh yes, thank you."

:P

Excellent!

Gainey: "It says in the paper that I offered $5 million for 4 years."

Meehan: "Sounds about right."

Gainey: "Done. Tea?"

Meehan: "Oh yes, thank you."

:P

Souray: I broke some records, I'm worth $2M more than that... what about 28M for 4 years?

Gainey: go F... yourself and learn to play D :D

In the same time that type of money given to Markon shows Emelin that if he comes

to America, play his best one day he may have this kind of contract. If he stay's in Russia

no way he could have this kinf of money one day.

Actually i've heard the RSL pays more than here.

I'm happy he's signed but we certainly didn't get a deal on him if its 23million for 4 years. About 3 million too much.

Edited by OneSharpMarble

I think Souray will sign for something in the same range, maybe even $5 million per year. Term will probably be the major negotiating point, along with no-trade clause.

I really think that this bodes well for possible UFA signings, especially if Souray re-ups before July 1. Markov signing so quickly sends a message that Montreal is moving in the right direction, and will go a long way in countering any negativity generated by the "article" attributed to Kovalev earlier this year about Russians and Carbonneau.

Yeah i liked the 4.75 cap hit better than the 5.75.... thats alot more than I thought he would get.

CH

Actually i've heard the RSL pays more than here.

I'm happy he's signed but we certainly didn't get a deal on him if its 23million for 4 years. About 3 million too much.

750k per year too much... big frikkin deal. Go ask EDM fans what they think about 750k!!! (Smyth)

RSL pays more for "marginal players", e.g. Perezhogin is 3rd liner here, so no more than 1M... There he's "Franchise player"... Just as for some Queb players playing in Europe... Éric Landry played 2-3 games with the habs (200k at the time?) and played a couple of seasons in AHL... but In Swiss or wherever he is playing, he's the TOP player and must be earning around 300k tax free, car and house included.

Great news. I have no problem with Markov making that kind of money. Is he now the highest paid player in CH history?

Excellant. Hope this is just the first of many good news articles on the habs! Can't wait for the rest of the squad to be finalized. GO HABS GO!

Who's next? a decision on Souray? What about the remaining group of players.? when does a final decision need to be made on their future? Well I'm not going to worry about the rest just yet. Time to enjoy this signing.

GO HABS GO!