Koivu Wins the Clancy

JMMR

are you sure on the date ?? it doesn't show any winners for 2006 !!

Ok found it !! last years winners was olie the goalie.

congrtas saku !!! well deserved !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by marky_and_komi

Now the next time some French media jerk questions his 'leadership,' he can KO the guy with the King Clancy trophy! Way to go, Saku. :clap:

That is not going to stop the bashing of Koivu. only one trophy can and its the Stanley Cup.

Now the next time some French media jerk questions his 'leadership,' he can KO the guy with the King Clancy trophy! Way to go, Saku. :clap:

Along with some of the dopes that do the same in these forums.

Congrats Saks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is not going to stop the bashing of Koivu. only one trophy can and its the Stanley Cup.

Your kidding right?

Congrats Saks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your kidding right?

unfortunately, he's not kidding. It's a shame, but it's true. I'm sure we're all die hard fans, but I'd like to think that we realize it's a greater accomplishment to raise money to help save lives as opposed to winning a stanley cup. Unfortunately, a lot of ppl don't seem to apply that attitude, even if they say they believe it.

Watching Mulder talk about Sak was fantastic. I hope ppl realise what a great captain and inspiration we have for the city of Montreal in Koivu. He does so much, but he keeps it so low key and never brags that ppl take it for granted.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't want to start a new thread, but over at A Theory of Ice, the author's written a great article about Koivu's unique relationship with the city and the fans and how he's SOOOOOOO often loved and hated as a hockey player for everything that has nothing to do with hockey... It's a really good read. Check it out here: http://theoryofice.blogspot.com/2007/06/as...-all-wrong.html

I didn't want to start a new thread, but over at A Theory of Ice, the author's written a great article about Koivu's unique relationship with the city and the fans and how he's SOOOOOOO often loved and hated as a hockey player for everything that has nothing to do with hockey... It's a really good read. Check it out here: http://theoryofice.blogspot.com/2007/06/as...-all-wrong.html

Great read!