Higgins and Komisarek sign 2 year deals.

Tony

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent. It is important for Bob to get these guys signed before free agency. That way he knows how much money he has committed before pursuing some talent.

Both signed for 2 years for the same money.

$1.5M for the first and $1.9M for the second year.

Good value for both sides. Unfortunately they will both be UFA at the same time when they could be the cornerstones of the franchise.

Oh well, enjoy the two years.

Mike Boone's got the story posted on Habinsideout.com.

His educated guess: 1.1 in year 1, and 1.5 in year 2.

Ha ha. Remember I calculated our cap equation with a 2 million average figure for each of our UFA's. Remember how I said that BOb might pull a rabbit out of the hat and get them fro less? This IS AWESOME. Better than I could have hoped for.

Gorges will be simple. Plekanec might command some good money but I highly doubt he'll plateau Higgins. Which leaves Ryder. This is all good for our cap number.

Keep it up BOb. You are doing an excellent job in making our UFA affordability grow.

What a great way to start a week-end !

Higgins and Komi for less than 2,000,000 ? I know it's only 2 years, but this is the "new" NHL.

Team fortunes can change from year to year.

Ryder should expect no more than 2.5. 30-goal scorers are nice to have, but I prefer 6-7 20 goal scorers.

As for Souray rumoured to be looking for 5 mil +........ask yourself this....

How much would you pay a 26 goal, minus 28 forward ? Not 5+ mil.

I love what SS brings, but Komi can fit into Sheldon's skates.

He was a plus 7 as well.

Both signed for 2 years for the same money.

$1.5M for the first and $1.9M for the second year.

Good value for both sides. Unfortunately they will both be UFA at the same time when they could be the cornerstones of the franchise.

Oh well, enjoy the two years.

I am pretty sure Higgins wil still be RFA at the end of this contract.

Right on the front of Habsworld.net there is a factoid:

"With Andrei Markov's signing, this brings the total number of Canadiens under contract to 14, with a total cap hit of $29,967,333.00"

If the cap is only going to 48 million, that means the bubble room after Markov equals $18,032,667.00.

So: Komisarek and Higgins contracts equal $3.4 million. So, the cap bubble is now $14,632,667.00.

If Plekanec goes for 1.5 and Ryder will take 3 then we have $10,132,667.00.

Minus Souray (probably not signing but it's a barometre to give you all an idea) if he goes for 6 million (I am purposely bloating the figure) and Gorges goes for 1 million, that leaves $3,132,667.00 for a UFA.

Also, this calculation is based on a 48 cap. If it's 51 million, our bubble will be around $6,132,667.00.

One final thing. If BOb can sign the players for less than my projections...well, you get the idea. :clap:

PS. 1.2 million has to be taken into consideration for Samsonov should we buy him out :(

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Right on the front of Habsworld.net there is a factoid:

"With Andrei Markov's signing, this brings the total number of Canadiens under contract to 14, with a total cap hit of $29,967,333.00"

If the cap is only going to 48 million, that means the bubble room after Markov equals $18,032,667.00.

So: Komisarek and Higgins contracts equal $3.4 million. So, the cap bubble is now $14,632,667.00.

If Plekanec goes for 1.5 and Ryder will take 3 then we have $10,132,667.00.

Minus Souray (probably not signing but it's a barometre to give you all an idea) if he goes for 6 million (I am purposely bloating the figure) and Gorges goes for 1 million, that leaves $3,132,667.00 for a UFA.

Also, this calculation is based on a 48 cap. If it's 51 million, our bubble will be around $6,132,667.00.

One final thing. If BOb can sign the players for less than my projections...well, you get the idea. :clap:

PS. 1.2 million has to be taken into consideration for Samsonov should we buy him out :(

I'm sure that the $30m number you quote includes Samsonov at $3.5m, so a buyout would actually add $2.3m worth of cap space.

I've got a "spending money" thread on this forum that I will update with this news (it includes qualifying offers in the number and at least a minimum number of roster players dressed), but the parent website that I take my data from is down right now. I'm sure it's just a regular maintenace thing and won't be too long. The info is constantly backed up so I shouldn't have lost any info.

I just want to say...

YES KOMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, fun to see our 2 New yorkers sign on the same day.

Probably going out and getting drunk tonight after YOGA.

I'm sure that the $30m number you quote includes Samsonov at $3.5m, so a buyout would actually add $2.3m worth of cap space.

2.3 over two years. To be precice, 1.17 in 07/08, and 1.17 in 08/09.

Buyout cap hits are spread out over double the length of remaining years on the contract.

NYI's hit for Yashin is 2.2 each year for eight years. Lucky them. :clap:

BTW....

Wonder if Leapin' Lou and JFJ are feeling this lucky ? :lol::lol::lol:

Two guys that I am glad are resigned. I am also glad Bob Gainey is on top of everything with all the signings, the small trade earlier and future roster movements for the Bulldogs. And I thought they got the summer off, silly me. :hockey:

Two guys that I am glad are resigned. I am also glad Bob Gainey is on top of everything with all the signings, the small trade earlier and future roster movements for the Bulldogs. And I thought they got the summer off, silly me. :hockey:

Bob Gainey doesn't need sleep.

You mean the same JFJ who signed forward Antropov to a two-year deal for $1.95 million next season and $2.15 million in 2008-09? :lol:

The same JFJ that's burning $$$$$ for Kubina ?

Lest he never taint the good name of John Ferguson Sr. :clap:

The same JFJ that's burning $$$$$ for Kubina ?

Lest he never taint the good name of John Ferguson Sr. :clap:

It's not Ferguson Jr's fault. He's probably brilliant. But unfortunately in Leefy land there's contaminated water that makes one dumb. Either that or someone took a possessed voodoo dump in the basement of Maple Leaf Gardens back in '68. While the Canadiens have ghosts, the Leafs have rancid Sorcerer hauntings of the most wicked stentch :lol: