Ryder signs

Hab4life

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is great news, assuming the price to be reasonable.

Ryder is fine trade bait on a team that would do better to upgrade at C or D, than to keep him around. Not that I don't appreciate his value - he's a good player. But I see him as a definite part of any package in such a deal. And such a deal seems necessary if we're ever to vault into the ranks of elite teams.

I had really hoped that we'd get more than 1 year. I imagine this will be his last season in the blue, blanc et rouge.

I had really hoped that we'd get more than 1 year. I imagine this will be his last season in the blue, blanc et rouge.

Agreed. One problem we all have to understand and remember come trade deadline. If Ryder has 40 goals will you still want to get rid of him? If we were taught anything by Souray, No matter what Ryder does or says he needs to go before the season ends. Even if he has a 100 goals we have to trade. He will walk at the end of the year. This sucks for leverage we will have on a return but I guess that's life.

The minute Ryder goes on a hot streak Gainey needs to throw him on the table and make him available.

he'll be moved at the tradeing deadline. :(

Sucks he only signed for one year.

Ryder is to become UFa at the end of the season. I don't think he ever wanted a long term contract with montreal.

should montreal have a bad season, which is more likely to, a player like ryder will become a great bait for a fisrt rounder.

my guess for the $$$, he got 3.5M...I'm sure we'll know by the end of the day how much he'll make.

Meh, he's one of those players that I'm not too involved with emotionally... we have other players that would get 30 goals with a full season on Koivu's wing. Ryder is a lucky boy to have had the opportunity. Look what happened to Brian Savage once he moved to a new team and ended up on the third line...

This has deadline trade written all over it. I like Ryder, but he always seems to be somewhat distant - emotionally I mean. Pretty impressive he's only missed 2 games over the past 2 seasons though. I really hope somebody steps up this year to replace him.

1 yr @ $2.95M ....very nice BOB!

That's AWESOME!!! This is great value, as well as making him very very tradeable. I think Gainey will trade him as it's pretty obvious if he doesn't, we'll lose him to UFA next season anyway. Now the question is when. I figure Gainey will be patient and wait for the best deal (likely some sort of package deal) he thinks he can get for Ryder. If nothing sooner, he'll let him go at the trade deadline for whatever he can get back. I doubt we're making a cup run this year, so if we lose him for a draft at the deadline, that won't bother me (I'd prefer a package for an upgrade at C/D though, if we can get it.)

All right, hes back for one more year and I will cheering him on from my front row seat at the RDS TV Arena. Knowing full well that if he wants the big $$$ this is his year. Love to see the team all signed and it is still summer!!!!!!!

All right, hes back for one more year and I will cheering him on from my front row seat at the RDS TV Arena. Knowing full well that if he wants the big $$$ this is his year. Love to see the team all signed and it is still summer!!!!!!!

BOb says, "The circle is now complete, when I left you I was but a learner, now I am the master"

D4024.jpg

ALL SIGNED. ME SO HABBY AND HAPPY :clap:

Once again this demonstrates that Gainey gets the job done. It's true that Ryder may be traded. Possibly part of a Marleau trade or a trade that fetches us a "Marleau caliber" type of player if Marleau signs with the Sharks.

Gainey at least managed to get Ryder signed for under 3 million dollars while Penner was being offered over four million long term. It is too bad that we got Ryder for only one year but on the other hand the cap hit is EXCELLENT! Right on BOb! :hlogo:

I hope if Ryder goes, he can bring in a legitimate return. Ryder won't go alone if he goes. But it may all turn out to be good for the Habs. I'm still trusting :hlogo:

Good to get him signed :clap:

What did he make last year?

EDIT: Duh...read it in the TSN article 2.2 mil get a raise but one that's REASONABLE! (compared to some of the other teams signings)

Edited by kenadian

Once again this demonstrates that Gainey gets the job done. It's true that Ryder may be traded. Possibly part of a Marleau trade or a trade that fetches us a "Marleau caliber" type of player if Marleau signs with the Sharks.

Gainey at least managed to get Ryder signed for under 3 million dollars while Penner was being offered over four million long term. It is too bad that we got Ryder for only one year but on the other hand the cap hit is EXCELLENT! Right on BOb! :hlogo:

I hope if Ryder goes, he can bring in a legitimate return. Ryder won't go alone if he goes. But it may all turn out to be good for the Habs. I'm still trusting :hlogo:

Good to get him signed :clap:

well, glad to see him signed for less than 3 mil, but the 1 year term sucks for us. heading into UFA year, what's the benefit? bad for us if we want him, and tougher to trade for any real value as the season progresses.