Starter

iamcanadien

it's either against pittsburgh or florida.

I'll be at the bell for the florida game so I really hope he play then.

They're still playing at a 2 games a week pace so don't expect Price to get a start for a while. Wait for us to play two games in two nights, then we'll most likely see him in one of those games.

They're still playing at a 2 games a week pace so don't expect Price to get a start for a while. Wait for us to play two games in two nights, then we'll most likely see him in one of those games.

Or if Huet gets hurt

Price has yet to prove he is even a capable back up let alone a starter.

Quite right. Which is why he should start against Florida, but not against any powerful teams and not in any super high-pressure situation (e.g., home opener).

I find the whole 'goalie controversy' silly, really. Only in the hysteria of Montreal could a raw, completely unproven rookie with zero NHL experience be hailed as a massive threat to the job of an excellent, proven NHL starter and All Star. :lol: Price very likely will be the Habs' #1 - possibly as early as next season - but as of now, we have Huet and a backup.

Unfortunately for Carey, the habs have a very laid back October. Many days offf, and I think Huetwould be abel to play the whole month, but I know he won't.

I think Price will play October 26th vs the canes, because every other game has 2-3 days of rest for Huet.

Price will start on tomorrow against the PENS

CKAC

Wow, hard to believe. I didn't see him playing thsi early.

Carbo and BG are showing lack of confidence in Huet, or they want Price to proove he's #1.

Wow, hard to believe. I didn't see him playing thsi early.

Carbo and BG are showing lack of confidence in Huet, or they want Price to proove he's #1.

You have to believe Price made the team becuase Gainey believes he can steal the #1 role so he will be given the chance to do so.

Price will probably be #1 before the year is out and Huet will be gone. No ill will towards Christo, i love him but he will be a ufa at the end of this season and we have many goalies no offence. We need serious offence.

I'm 100% with Carbo on this, this is the way better to play him one time before home game. The pressure will be easier to take.

Carbo is doing it out of spite though, not necessity.

I don't think Carbo has it in for Price as a player or person, just what he represents.

Price is here because Gainey wanted it. Carbonneau resents the fact he was undermined and now has his chance to feed Price to the wolves.

With so long between each game there is no reason that Huet couldn't have started wednesday and saturday before getting the following game off.

Playing with fire will cost him his job.

I seriously doubt that Carbo is trying to *ruin* Price in order to stick it to Gainey.

More likely any or all of the following:

A. Huet has been through an emotional trauma lately and had a couple of lapses against TO. Give him some time to regroup.

B. Huet will start the home opener.

C. Carbo believes that Price can do the job. It's a vote of confidence in Price, not a slap in Huet's face.

D. Huet has never shown that he can carry the kind of load that most #1 goalies can. Following point C, the Habs may intend to give him only 40-50 starts at most in order to keep him fresh and healthy. If this is true, then you may as well start the rotation now (2 games Huet, one game Price).

I'm nervous about it, but the Habs have shown some ability to bring young players along, so I'll trust them on this one.

Huet played well the two last matches and that's how they reward him? That's just great.

Uh, it's not a matter of rewarding him, it's a matter of not hampering Price's development. The Habs have a weird schedule these first 2-3 weeks and Price needs to get in a game. This is the perfect opportunity to do it.

Carbo is doing it out of spite though, not necessity.

I don't think Carbo has it in for Price as a player or person, just what he represents.

Price is here because Gainey wanted it. Carbonneau resents the fact he was undermined and now has his chance to feed Price to the wolves.

With so long between each game there is no reason that Huet couldn't have started wednesday and saturday before getting the following game off.

Playing with fire will cost him his job.

I absolutely do not know where you are coming from. Carbonneau is the Coach and the Gainey is the GM, The GM selects the players and the Coach is paid to use those players to win games. There is absolutely no evidence Carbonneau resents the Gm's decision, on the contrary I believe Carbonneau is learning or better yet has begun to understand the difference between GM and Coach and the responsibilities of each. Cabornneau will be successful and will make decisions because he believes they are best for the team to win.

Huet played well the two last matches and that's how they reward him? That's just great.

The explanation provided to have the changes is simply to give the players who did not play a chance to play and not get too rusty. It gives Chips and Price a start away from the Montreal crowd, I think it is a good idea. This is early in the season and the first 5 to 10 games of the season can be seen as evaluative to some degree. No disrespect for Huet or Brisebois intended by the coach in this situation.

I seriously doubt that Carbo is trying to *ruin* Price in order to stick it to Gainey.

More likely any or all of the following:

A. Huet has been through an emotional trauma lately and had a couple of lapses against TO. Give him some time to regroup.

B. Huet will start the home opener.

C. Carbo believes that Price can do the job. It's a vote of confidence in Price, not a slap in Huet's face.

D. Huet has never shown that he can carry the kind of load that most #1 goalies can. Following point C, the Habs may intend to give him only 40-50 starts at most in order to keep him fresh and healthy. If this is true, then you may as well start the rotation now (2 games Huet, one game Price).

I'm nervous about it, but the Habs have shown some ability to bring young players along, so I'll trust them on this one.

I could not agree with you more or say it better.