Game Thread | Florida vs. Montreal | 10/16/07

Spider-Man NL

I know we've played less games, but can you believe we are in LAST place in the division?? Man it is going to be a fight for the playoffs this year.

That is a prime example of why games like this are MUST WINS. Coming off a loss at home, with a lacklustre effort, now playing a beatable team. These are the ones that you look back on in April.

I have a good feeling, though.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we've played less games, but can you believe we are in LAST place in the division?? Man it is going to be a fight for the playoffs this year.

That is a prime example of why games like this are MUST WINS. Coming off a loss at home, with a lacklustre effort, now playing a beatable team. These are the ones that you look back on in April.

Way way too early to fret or lose sleep on where the Canadiens will end up.

if last year is any indication, it ISNT too early to worry. every game matters, a play off spot can be won or loss in october, the habs missed out by what 2 points? an extra game (such as this one tonight) won in october last season and the habs would have been in. its never too early

My god man, we have 2 or 3 games in hand, this is not the time to lose it. Hell we got 5 out of a possible 8 points. If we do that all year we'll end up 100+ points. And challenge for the division. Come on lets be a little bit positive here.

:ghg:

By the way, playing Huet gives us our best shot at winning tonight (imo). Perhaps Carbo is going with the strategy of making sure he gets these 2 points, then splitting the tough games later in the week between Price and Huet.

My god man, we have 2 or 3 games in hand, this is not the time to lose it. Hell we got 5 out of a possible 8 points. If we do that all year we'll end up 100+ points. And challenge for the division. Come on lets be a little bit positive here.

:ghg:

My god man, I'm far from losing it. We have a winning record and we're still behind everyone in the division. They all have winning records as well. I'm just indicating that it will be a battle. I am optimistic and have faith in the team. But if we start saying its too early to worry....blah blah blah, we're behind the 8 ball. My post was just to exemplify how winnable home games are MUSTs in this conference.

EVERY game counts no matter how early. I would think you guys would realize that after the finishes in the east the last few years.

if last year is any indication, it ISNT too early to worry. every game matters, a play off spot can be won or loss in october, the habs missed out by what 2 points? an extra game (such as this one tonight) won in october last season and the habs would have been in. its never too early

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Playoff spots are earned over 82 games.

The post game comments from Higgins last game leads me to believe that the Habs will play alot harder tonight than they have yet this season.

I just love it that Higgins is the new spokesperson for this team, he is gonna push the rest of the team into playing hard everynight (Higgins=future captan)

My god man, I'm far from losing it. We have a winning record and we're still behind everyone in the division. They all have winning records as well. I'm just indicating that it will be a battle. I am optimistic and have faith in the team. But if we start saying its too early to worry....blah blah blah, we're behind the 8 ball. My post was just to exemplify how winnable home games are MUSTs in this conference.

EVERY game counts no matter how early. I would think you guys would realize that after the finishes in the east the last few years.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Playoff spots are earned over 82 games.

Not to be argumentative but the leafs do not have a winning record they have played 7 games and have 6 pts. the only team that is a head of us right is in reality Ottawa who have come out like gang busters. Yes obviously every game counts but the only reason we are in "last place" is because of a shitty schedule where we have not played any games. You cannot knock the team because they have not been given games to play. :ghg: :ghg:

Gotta love the TSN games! Im gonna try and snag the big screen TV at the student centre for this one! Not many habs fans around but ill be wearing my coulours :clap:

I hate TSN games, we get to listen to Glenn Healy tell us how bad the Habs are.

Better than not watching at all. Healy is fun to laugh at because he's just that dumb.

Maybe we will get Miller and Mcguire anyways, plus if its healy then its Cuthbert and he's my favourite play by play guy (maybe next to Houde, tough call)

Better than not watching at all. Healy is fun to laugh at because he's just that dumb.

Maybe we will get Miller and Mcguire anyways, plus if its healy then its Cuthbert and he's my favourite play by play guy (maybe next to Houde, tough call)

I am pretty sure it is Cuthbert and Healy tonight for TSN.

They put up a note on the ticker that MTL is winless at home this season. Of course we all know they've only played one home game, but you gotta scratch your head at why they'd put that up on the screen.

They put up a note on the ticker that MTL is winless at home this season. Of course we all know they've only played one home game, but you gotta scratch your head at why they'd put that up on the screen.

LOL perhaps TSN has just been purchased bu CBC :P