Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Boston | 11/08/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, i gotta say, i was really impressed with teh PK for 1:58 of 5 on 3. I was sure the Bruins would tie up the game! Great job by the PK tonight!

According to ESPN.com, Kovalev had 1 G and 1 A(just confirmed by RDS) Plex had 1 G and 1 A and Kostitsyn had 2 A's.

Nice evening by our second line. Koivu could have scored a couple tonight had he been a little luckier!

Higgins is a freaking workhorse. This guy is simply incredible. Ryder is still struggling.

Grabovsky is too light. He needs to add some weight!

Price was almost perfect!

K-Rex used teh body tonight, and Bouillon took a dumb ass penalty in the third, but we got lucky!

Good thing the WEAK icing call didn't come back to bite us..............I think it was Komi who dumped it out, and Chara took a slow skate back for it.

Linesman SHOULD have waive it off!

Another W!

I didn't couldn't watch the second, so i missed Pleks' goal, was it any good? The highlights aren't available yet. The second line sure seems to be clicking.

Edited by Cataclaw

Good thing the WEAK icing call didn't come back to bite us..............I think it was Komi who dumped it out, and Chara took a slow skate back for it.

Linesman SHOULD have waive it off!

Agree with you on that one. even Pierre and Yvon (on RDS) said that was a weak call by the linesman!

Another W!

I didn't couldn't watch the second, so i missed Pleks' goal, was it any good? The highlights aren't available yet. The second line sure seems to be clicking.

Yeah, it was a pretty nice goal!

Edited by Habsfan

Another W!

It was probably our nicest goal of the season.

Just checked out the overall standings. With 21 points our boys have the 3rd best record in the league, ties with the Hurrricanes! However the Habs have one game in hand!

Another strong outing. I hope that they are buying into the concept that if you work hard good things will happen.

Slowly but surely the pieces that Carbo and Gainey want are being put in place. Look at the last 5 minutes.

Kostopolous, Begin, Smolinski, Chipchura, Higgins, Koivu, Plekanec over and over. Price standing tall again. 2 points.

Kostitsyn fits great with Pleks, Chips and Higgins are beasts on the boards and I cannot gush as much as Mcguire over Price.

This looks like a team with a plan. Great effort, on to Ottawa. One game at a time :)

Kostitsyn fits great with Pleks,

I agree! Keep Kostitsyn with Plex and Kovy, and when Tenderness comes back, send him on the third line, where he will have less pressure to produce!

Edited by Habsfan

I agree! Keep Kostitsyn with Plex and Kovy, and when Tenderness comes back, send him on the third line, where he will have less pressure to produce!

I agree put him with Grabs and Smoke see how they do with 3 offensive lines.

geez according to mcguire carbo is now a good coach. what do you all think of that? personally I have been defending him since day 1 and to me he is really just doing what he always has, last year at this time he coach of the year according to many people. HE IS A DAMN FINE COACH and I hope all those "fans" who criticized me for saying so now will crawl back into their holes and stop criticizing this team at every chance. go habs go. prove em all wrong! the koolaid is good!

ok that's my rant :clap: :hlogo: :clap:

geez according to mcguire carbo is now a good coach. what do you all think of that? personally I have been defending him since day 1 and to me he is really just doing what he always has, last year at this time he coach of the year according to many people. HE IS A DAMN FINE COACH and I hope all those "fans" who criticized me for saying so now will crawl back into their holes and stop criticizing this team at every chance. go habs go. prove em all wrong! the koolaid is good!

ok that's my rant :clap: :hlogo: :clap:

Carbo did a nice job tonight. It is the first time in a long time that I noticed him shortening the bench and going with the guys who can protect a lead.

That being said, all it will take is a 2-3 game losing streak to have people scapegoating him again. If we learned anythng last year...16 games means shit.

Carbo did a nice job tonight. It is the first time in a long time that I noticed him shortening the bench and going with the guys who can protect a lead.

That being said, all it will take is a 2-3 game losing streak to have people scapegoating him again. If we learned anythng last year...16 games means shit.

yeah you are right. So I just took a shot when I had it. This is a good team and will do just fine. They are heads and shoulders above last year in my opinion. And by the way Carbo must have really screwed up Sammy because he still can't play even for Denis Savard. damn that carbo! :rolleyes:

It's funny. I took my wife to a few games, and she knows all the players I talk about a lot like Price (BC Boy) Koivu and Kovalev, but when we were watching the games she says, "That Higgins guy plays like he is possessed. Look at how hard he tries. Why don't the other guys try hard like him?" This coming from a woman who knows very little about hockey, tells me just what we have in our future Captain. He is a natural leader, by is actions and by his comments. Would he be our first American captain? Could you imagine if Kovalev and Ryder tried that hard every game? To Ryder's defense though, he has started slow every yeaar.