Game Thread | Habs vs. Flyers | 12/13/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I hope Sergei doesn't go flying around on the ice. The guy is pretty tall but plays like if he's 4 feet tall. He need to use his size to his advantage or he'll end up getting pushed around like in pre season."

Go type in Sergei Kostitsyn on youtube and watch his hit on downie, then watch the multiple compilations of him. The guy hits. Like i have been told, do your research b4 you post :wacko:

A great post like that makes the forums all worth while! :clap:

I wasn't sure why Markov passed it, I thought he should have one-timed it on net. He had Niitymaki down and out.

As we have seen at the replay, Markov lowed his head after Higgins scored. I think he wanted to shoot and missed it. Fortunately Higgins was right on the good spot to put up a goal on this one.

By the way, Streit is having a very bad period, again...

But Habs played a GREAT period, a lot of speed and offensive pressure. We won the 1rst tonight.

Well, good start, but I am always nervous when they buzz and buzz but don't get the goals. A one goal lead is nothing given how poorly the flyers played...I can guarantee the flyers will be flying in the 2nd...

The PP strikes again. So far it's nice to see the young Kosty take a regular shift with Koivu and Higgins. They showed some spark out there. Not gonna score too much, but i like what Laps is bringing to the table. Be nice to get a 5 on 5 goal.

A bad start, with still more missed passes and crappy breakouts and broken plays. But they found a good rhythm and actually looked pretty decent for most of the period.

Yes, Streit: what's the problem? He is as useless as that lump on Carbonneau's schnozz. Get rid of him, I don't care.

In better news, I note that Koivu looks more effective tonight than he has in a while. It might be around time for him to come out of his slump; they usually last around 20 games, and he has 6 points in his last 18, so the string might be played out. It's amazing how regular the guy is. When he slumps he produces at about a 1-point-per-3-games pace, and his slumps last about the same length of games every season. Anyway, the numbers suggest a turnaround is near. I've got my fingers crossed.