HABS CLINCH EAST!

SAKS-AVENUE

So does my dad, I don't even know the feeling.

I the first 22 years of my life I never even thought twice about qualifying for the playoffs.

Now every March and April is a stress fest.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I the first 22 years of my life I never even thought twice about qualifying for the playoffs.

5 more wins and your worry will dissapear.

I still dont like how the Sens have more Wins.

I don't like how the Bruins are right up our butts with 2 games in hand. It kills me that they are having such a good year.(My best friend is a Bruin fan by the way)

Just think for a second if we had not dominated them this year. Just those few games would put us in a battle for eighth, and it isn't over we still have to play them a couple of times. I hope we can continue to dominate them, but sh*t is the tide not ready to turn? Let's hope not.

I still dont like how the Sens have more Wins.

One more thing.....I do like the Sens have more losses!

First place is always nice for confidence can't argue that. And its always nice looking at the standings and seeing the habs in first place. However the greatest moment of this hockey season will come much much later....This is what will ensue....

As the whistle blows to end game six of the Stanley cup finally Mike Ribiero will be named playoff mvp ala Ron Hextall in 87.....But the sweetest moment will come as Patrice Brisebois celebrates his second stanley cup win by jumping on the ice in wingtips and a tailor made armani ala Denis Savard!

go habs go!

We can't take over 1st in the East today unless Ottawa wins and we win, BTW.

A Pittsburgh win followed by a Montreal win would put Pittsburgh in 1st and us in 2nd, though tied for the same amount of points.

But that's what I still prefer.

Really, let's just concentrate on the Devils and let the rest sort itself out. We're in control of our own destiny now.

Lets take a moment to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

Snapshot2008-02-2921-19-54.jpg

Alright...........Now let's get on with the devils!!!!!!!!

Ain't that a beautiful thing?! :clap:

This feeling is great. I love this team and I love hockey and I loveee being first mwhahaha.

My friends who are Sens fans were pretty humble last night haha.

For the younger generation of Habs fans, this is pretty special. I can't recall a team being in 1st place this late in the season for as long as I can remember. Lets finish the deal!

Believe me, it is special for us 30 somethings as well.

When you are spoiled and then everything is taken away it makes you more humble.

But, I am looking forward to being spoiled again, and this is the first step :)

I remember those days. Good ole' Hartford or Buffalo, sometimes even Quebec, were there to bring up the rear. The playoffs were just a certainty. I'll say one thing though, it definitely makes the regular season more exciting.....no question.

When you are spoiled and then everything is taken away it makes you more humble.

No kidding! BUt I think the fact that the habs sucked for the better part of a decade makes us appreciate the good times even more!

No kidding! BUt I think the fact that the habs sucked for the better part of a decade makes us appreciate the good times even more!

I know it made me appreciate booze more!

5-3 Ottawa now 2 quick ones on a double minor to Gonchar.

What a crappy game... hope the Habs are taking notes on how NOT to play hockey. And the officiating is even worse.