HABS CLINCH EAST!

SAKS-AVENUE

So, we have to get 1 of 8 possible remaining points and Ottawa MUST get all points? IMO: It ain't official but let's face it - we won it. The last time we won the division it was known as "The Adams".

Yep. Only if Ottawa wins its next 3 games and we don't record a point.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want them to play the Rangers or Hurricanes in the first round, which is quite possible as long as NJ doesn't mess us about.

If we finish first in the conference though, I think we'll see Ottawa in the second round (assuming we make it that far).

And with Koivu out, it will be neither easy nor ptetty.

It's actually quite interesting how close the bottom five teams are. No team can afford to lose now, four points separates 3rd and 8th place.

But happily, almost 30 points separates us and Tampa Bay. How jolly :)

Well boys. When this thread was started it was about cheering the boys on with no negativity allowed. We've all done well!!!!!!!!

Should the Habs win tonight this thread shows that positive thinking may just work..........or the ghosts from the forum have finally found their way back home.

I thought just a taste of first would be enough to celebrate, but here we are on the verge of actually clinching.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

I wonder who of the following is most vital to habs' win... I know that Kovalev and Markov are essential, since we really CANNOT win without them... but ... what about

Komi

Saku

Hamrlik

Streit

Kost X2

Plek

Price

In order, here's my ranking :

Hamrlik

Price (after seeing Halak yesterday)

Plekanec

Komi

Kost x2

Koivu

Streit

In order, here's my ranking :

Hamrlik

Price (after seeing Halak yesterday)

Plekanec

Komi

Kost x2

Koivu

Streit

Price (a goalie is as important as any player, and when he plays as well as he can he's our best player)

Komi

Hamrlik

Plex

Koivu

This will sound weird, but getting blown out again may be the best thing for them. They have been floating around the last 5-10 games, getting points when they don't deserve them So a sound beating by the Sens will bring them back to reality and hard work. Obviously they are now short handed with injuries so some people are going to have to step up.

They need to get that point for the second seed. If the Rags lose again and Washington wins, they will be tied for 8th i beleive. The habs don't want the Rangers or caps.

They really need komi back for the playoffs, the D is too small and soft.

I think they will get the point in the last 2. GC needs to get his playoff line up together, get Grabovski with some one who can produce points.

This will sound weird, but getting blown out again may be the best thing for them. They have been floating around the last 5-10 games, getting points when they don't deserve them So a sound beating by the Sens will bring them back to reality and hard work. Obviously they are now short handed with injuries so some people are going to have to step up.

They need to get that point for the second seed. If the Rags lose again and Washington wins, they will be tied for 8th i beleive. The habs don't want the Rangers or caps.

I think they will get the point in the last 2. GC needs to get his playoff line up together, get Grabovski with some one who can produce points.

I think you're right Chris. The fan in me wants them to win no matter what, but strategically speaking, it might be better for them to lose and lose badly so they get their act together.

I think you're right Chris. The fan in me wants them to win no matter what, but strategically speaking, it might be better for them to lose and lose badly so they get their act together.

Thirdeded.

As long as we get a point against Buffalo or Toronto, then I'm okay with being destroyed by the Sens.

We need to do what Pittsburgh did, and find a way to step up without our leaders/best players.

If we let Ottawa win, they stay in the middle, and have to fight the Rangers or Devils or Flyers, which is fine by me.

As long as we can take Boston in the first round, I'm happy.

And I'm thinking Washington will come 3rd or 9th. I'd prefer them to make it over Carolina, especially if the Caps can beat whoever comes 6th (and we get to face them in the second round, if we make it that far).

Here's a better idea. Rather than getting "destroyed" by the Sens and further planting doubt about our ability to compete against them ,as well as doubt about winning without our captain.......Maybe we could skate our asses off, work hard, and get the win....building some momentum.

I would much rather this than to get blown out.. (Sounds almost too obvious when I say it out loud)

I've heard this opinion voiced on the site many times over the last few years. It never seems to work out too well.

Here's a better idea. Rather than getting "destroyed" by the Sens and further planting doubt about our ability to compete against them ,as well as doubt about winning without our captain.......Maybe we could skate our asses off, work hard, and get the win....building some momentum.

I would much rather this than to get blown out.. (Sounds almost too obvious when I say it out loud)

Good point.

Loosing 4-3 is much better than losing 5-0.

Ottawa is more talented than us to begin with (except for the goalies of course); the reason why we beat them recently is because we played hard, skated well, etc...

No way i want the Habs to lose.

I want Price to get in a zone that no puck can go in, i want defensemen jump at the

puck if there is a rebound.

I want to see 100 pts and Sens fighting for a playoff spot with Boston, it would be the only day in

my life would cheer for Boston.

I want Higgins to score that 25th goal.

I want Plekanek to score that 30th goal.

I want the power play to click again.

I want Price to get in a zone that no puck can go in, i want defensemen jump at the

I want to see 100 pts and Sens fighting for a playoff spot with Boston, it would be the only day in

Agreed. I also want to see the Hbs break the 100 point mark. I wanna see Plex get his 30th, Kovy get his 35th and Higgins get his 25th!

I agree

At least the Pens only got 1 point and the Rangers push ahead of the Bruins and Flyers.

Not the best night, but better than the Pens winning in regulation

1st in the Conference would be tough now... we still need to win our game in hand as well as outperform Pittsburgh in the other two games by a point.

But we need to clinch the division and just start playing good hockey in spite of the injuries. I still think we have the guys that can win games here. It's also important to get this clinch done ASAP so it's not still lingering come Sautrday.

Edited by saskhab