HABS CLINCH EAST!

SAKS-AVENUE

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been like what 20 years, since we were in 1st this late in the season??

Time for me to crack open an nice bottle of red wine. :hlogo:

Got to be close to 20 years. I know the 89 habs won the east and the 93 habs were in first with about 20 to go.

On January 21st 2008. This thread was created to cheer the Habs on in their quest for first place. Since all the other threads were filled with so much negativity, I just wanted a place with none. Simple pep rally for believers ONLY.

It friggin panned out!!!!!!!!! Not only did they grab first in the division but tonight they grabbed 1st in the conference.

I am proud to be a Montreal Canadien fan. Congratulations to the captain Saku, to our new Goaltender Carey Price, The power house first line, Carbo, Gainey, and everyone else on the team and in these message boards.........

WOOOOOOOO-THE- F**CKIN-HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

They can rest up now, clinch, and get ready for the play-offs they will make it. I don't care if they stay on top now. It would be great to keep winning and win the conference, but for this year to sit in first in March.....even for a day or two is a big, huge confidence builder to a very young team. If anything, they now know they can be the best.

Saku must be beside himself, thinking (how do you say F**CKIN EH!!!!!!! in finland?)

:clap:

Got to be close to 20 years. I know the 89 habs won the east and the 93 habs were in first with about 20 to go.

Thanks, thats good enough for me.

I was watching the game on CBC and the look on Cherry's face after

we won the game was priceless.

Red wine is it, I'll be up late checking out all the sports shows. :hlogo:

Thanks, thats good enough for me.

I was watching the game on CBC and the look on Cherry's face after

we won the game was priceless.

Red wine is it, I'll be up late checking out all the sports shows. :hlogo:

I love the fact that Cherry is pissed that the Leafs are ######ing up their shot at Stamkos.

What a dysfunctional organization. GM wants to lose, coach rides the veterans to win.

Great night to be a Habs fan. After Big TlTS scored on the wrap around my dad and I almost gave

my 11 month old daughter a heart attack when we yelled scores!

She'll get used to it :)

I love the fact that Cherry is pissed that the Leafs are ######ing up their shot at Stamkos.

What a dysfunctional organization. GM wants to lose, coach rides the veterans to win.

Great night to be a Habs fan. After Big TlTS scored on the wrap around my dad and I almost gave

my 11 month old daughter a heart attack when we yelled scores!

She'll get used to it :)

I did the same to my GF and one of her friends tongiht. Oh it is a great time to be a fan of the Canadiens.

It's nice to be sitting where we are right now, but it is only a short slip up to fall back to 5th.

The habs have a brutal schedule for the last 17 games and no one will roll over for us.....

ummm.... who cares.... enjoy it for now and see what happens later.

Also on a not surprised note, Habs still get no love from the media as "Captain Sundin rallies Leafs " is the front page news on sportsnet while the habs get a small showing on the far right side. Imagine if the roles were reversed?

It's nice to be sitting where we are right now, but it is only a short slip up to fall back to 5th.

The habs have a brutal schedule for the last 17 games and no one will roll over for us.....

ummm.... who cares.... enjoy it for now and see what happens later.

Also on a not surprised note, Habs still get no love from the media as "Captain Sundin rallies Leafs " is the front page news on sportsnet while the habs get a small showing on the far right side. Imagine if the roles were reversed?

"Captain Sundin rallies Leafs on the winning streak to nowhere" is what it should have read.

Ah, the media. They all crapped on the Habs at the start of the season. Now the Habs are FIRST IN THE F**KING CONFERENCE!!!!! and they're all acting as though this is more-or-less to be expected, as if they knew it all along. I seem to recall teams like Buffalo and even Nashville being the subject of a lot of animated analysis when they emerged from nowhere to become NHL powers, but - and maybe this is just fan paranoia - but there's a certain indifference to the way the Habs are being covered; it's as if this ISN'T one of the greatest stories of this NHL season.

Imagine if this team were a Leafs team. Would the media reaction be anywhere near as muted? 'Nuff said.

Ah, the media. They all crapped on the Habs at the start of the season. Now the Habs are FIRST IN THE F**KING CONFERENCE!!!!! and they're all acting as though this is more-or-less to be expected, as if they knew it all along. I seem to recall teams like Buffalo and even Nashville being the subject of a lot of animated analysis when they emerged from nowhere to become NHL powers, but - and maybe this is just fan paranoia - but there's a certain indifference to the way the Habs are being covered; it's as if this ISN'T one of the greatest stories of this NHL season.

Imagine if this team were a Leafs team. Would the media reaction be anywhere near as muted? 'Nuff said.

(SORRY FOR THE DUPLICATION! Damned server!!!)

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

(SORRY FOR THE DUPLICATION! Damned server!!!)

Effin agreed bro, that's all i have to say.

All i can say is i am speechless.

I try not get high to high and lows to low but 1st place of the conference in march

is something we should all be proud of.

A first place at the end is within reach but shouln't be the goal.

Lord Stanley Cup is.

We all know what the story would be like if it were the Leafs. It would lead every telecast, it would be the top story

on all the websites and Ron and Don would be talking about them 24/7 (nevermind, they still do that).

Sundin would be the greatest captain of all time, If it was Pogge he would be a future hall of famer etc etc.

Jesus, they are repeating the story from last season that Sundin has rallied the kids and that is why they are on this

run to nowhere. The same youth that did nothing when the season was on the line from Dec -Jan.

What about Cherry talking about the Magic hands of Jeremy Williams. Are you effing kidding me?

We all know what the story would be like if it were the Leafs. It would lead every telecast, it would be the top story

on all the websites and Ron and Don would be talking about them 24/7 (nevermind, they still do that).

Sundin would be the greatest captain of all time, If it was Pogge he would be a future hall of famer etc etc.

Jesus, they are repeating the story from last season that Sundin has rallied the kids and that is why they are on this

run to nowhere. The same youth that did nothing when the season was on the line from Dec -Jan.

What about Cherry talking about the Magic hands of Jeremy Williams. Are you effing kidding me?

I saw that calling him a pure goal scorer I had to change the channel.

The Leafs play back-to-back games against the 8th place Flyers this (could be next) week. With 2 wins, the Leafs are serious players in the hunt. With anything less than 3 points, their playoff hopes are basically done.

The Leafs play back-to-back games against the 8th place Flyers this (could be next) week. With 2 wins, the Leafs are serious players in the hunt. With anything less than 3 points, their playoff hopes are basically done.

The amount of teams they need to pass and the fact that so many of those teams play eachother pretty much puts them out unless they play 850 hockey.

The amount of teams they need to pass and the fact that so many of those teams play eachother pretty much puts them out unless they play 850 hockey.

I agree. It is highly unlikely they finish the season 18-5.

Even if they catch the Flyers they then have to match them to finish out the season. Generally long winning streaks

are followed up by a skid. Look at the Flyers in reverse.

Add to the fact that every team ratchets it up 10 levels at this time of year, it becomes more difficult to run the table.

As somebody who has been watching them, the only reason they are in these games is Toskala standing on his head.

That will not continue for the next 15 games. I say they finish 10-5 and miss by 4-5 points.

I agree. It is highly unlikely they finish the season 18-5.

Even if they catch the Flyers they then have to match them to finish out the season. Generally long winning streaks

are followed up by a skid. Look at the Flyers in reverse.

Add to the fact that every team ratchets it up 10 levels at this time of year, it becomes more difficult to run the table.

As somebody who has been watching them, the only reason they are in these games is Toskala standing on his head.

That will not continue for the next 15 games. I say they finish 10-5 and miss by 4-5 points.

Wait a minute.......you watch them?

:lol:

:wacko:

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

Wait a minute.......you watch them?

:lol:

:wacko:

Have to be informed to counteract the idiotic conversations I have with the Nation. Can't exactly offer informed opinions

if you don't watch them play right :)

Plus

Joy 1: Watching the Habs win

Joy 2: Watching the Leafs lose

Plenty of joy this season :clap:

Have to be informed to counteract the idiotic conversations I have with the Nation. Can't exactly offer informed opinions

if you don't watch them play right :)

Plus

Joy 1: Watching the Habs win

Joy 2: Watching the Leafs lose

Plenty of joy this season :clap:

I'll watch them too, if the Habs aren't playing. After the lockout year, I vowed to watch as much hockey as possible, and never take it for granted again.

I'll watch them too, if the Habs aren't playing. After the lockout year, I vowed to watch as much hockey as possible, and never take it for granted again.

I do the same.

I never want to have to watch so much CHL and EURO leagues again without my NHL.