HABS CLINCH EAST!

SAKS-AVENUE

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well Komisarek should be able to shut down Spezza.

I knock on wood as I say this, but Spezza seems lost without Alfie and Heatley.

As much as I'd love to see us win the Division or Conference, it would only bring bragging rights.

1. First place teams become " targets ". Better to go into the playoffs quietly, with little fanfare.

2. Win the Division or Conference and you rank #1 or #2. #7 or #8 could end up Jersey, Philly, NYR, or even Buffalo.

3. Home ice advantage ? Don't want it.

4. Unlike last year, we're in very little danger of missing the playoffs.

I'll gladly accept 4th or 5th. Even 6th, and a rematch with JW and the Canes.

As much as I'd love to see us win the Division or Conference, it would only bring bragging rights.

1. First place teams become " targets ". Better to go into the playoffs quietly, with little fanfare.

2. Win the Division or Conference and you rank #1 or #2. #7 or #8 could end up Jersey, Philly, NYR, or even Buffalo.

But above all, beat the crap out of the Snores !!

We have to look up. If we stay where we are, as of right now we play Jersey. NO THANKS! Drop a little and everyone starts breathing down our neck.NO THANKS.

We can actually take 1st place this week. That is just amazing!!!!!!! Enjoy it Bigbird, Target shmargets.

You do realize that if Atlanta wins or ties tonight and Carolina loses they drop from third to ninth and is out of the play-offs?

Full Steam ahead!!!!!!! is what I say. We'll deal with who we play when the dust settles.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

We have to look up. If we stay where we are, as of right now we play Jersey. NO THANKS! Drop a little and everyone starts breathing down our neck.NO THANKS.

We can actually take 1st place this week. That is just amazing!!!!!!! Enjoy it Bigbird, Target shmargets.

You do realize that if Atlanta wins or ties tonight and Carolina loses they drop from third to ninth and is out of the play-offs?

Full Steam ahead!!!!!!! is what I say. We'll deal with who we play when the dust settles.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

Gotta admit, I love your confidence.

Damn the torpedos !

Take no prisoners !

Kill 'em all !

Now if we could just get those 21,273 to stop being so polite to the opposition.

Anyone know how to heckle and dump beer ?

Now if we could just get those 21,273 to stop being so polite to the opposition.

You might wanna ask Zdeno Chara if he thinks that the Bell Centre Crowd is "polite" with him! ;)

Edited by Habsfan

PLease be carfeful what you wish for.

Asking for that is like a Bruins fan wanting to play the Habs

Or a Sens fan wanting to play the Leafs.

Some teams just have your number and you need to accept it.

I would love home ice advantage and I think it would be crazy to suggest otherwise.

Although the Habs did have a home slump a while back the Habs have the best fans in the league and it would make a difference come playoff time. We have a young team that would feed off the emotion of the crowd for sure.

HOME ICE please.

PLease be carfeful what you wish for.

Asking for that is like a Bruins fan wanting to play the Habs

Or a Sens fan wanting to play the Leafs.

Some teams just have your number and you need to accept it.

True enough......I'd like to add New Jersey to that list as well( a team to avoid at all cost)

As we approach Thursday night it will be a big game against the Leafs. They will surely be licking their wounds from the shitkicking florida gave them, but we still have to be careful for reasons stated above. The Leafs always raise their game against the Habs. I'm sure we'll see Price in net which will put the ball in our court.... hopefully he keeps his winning streak alive. He'll be out to prove himself since the demotion.

Word in Ottawa is the big line practiced together today. Heatley is probable and likely, while Allfie won't play in Florida. We can be hopeful for a Panther win because they are playing well and have beaten the Sens twice in three games this year.

Expect the Big line to be ready Saturday. Now that is going to be a great friggn game. Depending on Price's play against the Leafs, if I was Carbo I think I might be leaning towards Price for Saturday as well.

We are one point out of first!!!!!!!!! How sweet is that?

Saturday will be a perfect test.

We will/should have Hamrlik back and the Sens will have alfredson and Heatly back.

Full roster on full roster.

It would be nice to start next week in first place in the East with three points up on Ottawa with the same number of games played.

:hlogo:

I'm not being negative, but it may be good to keep track of the Flyers in here as well. Looks like a 3 way battle for 1st overall. Jumping past Ottawa is only half the battle... keeping ahead of Philly is the other.

BTW, Pittsburgh could easily be one of those 7/8 seeds... and I'd love a series vs. Pittsburgh. There's still an outside shot for two SE teams to make it as well, with one in 3rd and one in 8th.

I'm not being negative, but it may be good to keep track of the Flyers in here as well. Looks like a 3 way battle for 1st overall. Jumping past Ottawa is only half the battle... keeping ahead of Philly is the other.

BTW, Pittsburgh could easily be one of those 7/8 seeds... and I'd love a series vs. Pittsburgh. There's still an outside shot for two SE teams to make it as well, with one in 3rd and one in 8th.

True, I've mainly been focused on our division and Ottawa. That's keeping me excited enough. Good thing you mentioned though because they are on a tear of their own.

I have a season long bet going with I think.... I'll have to dig it uo with Fanpuck. During the summer I said Philli would make the play-offs, Fanpuck disagreed. We agreed to make the bet and whoever lost would be banned from posting for a month during the free agency frenzy in July. Simonus was going to do the banning. The season's not over but Phiili challenging for 1st place kind of tells you who will be on vacation from Habsworld in July. Not me. ^_^

I've been meaning to post that for a while. No one seems to have really remarked on how well they have been doing recently.

True, I've mainly been focused on our division and Ottawa. That's keeping me excited enough. Good thing you mentioned though because they are on a tear of their own.

I have a season long bet going with I think.... I'll have to dig it uo with Fanpuck. During the summer I said Philli would make the play-offs, Fanpuck disagreed. We agreed to make the bet and whoever lost would be banned from posting for a month during the free agency frenzy in July. Simonus was going to do the banning. The season's not over but Phiili challenging for 1st place kind of tells you who will be on vacation from Habsworld in July. Not me. ^_^

I do apologize Fanpuck ...it wasn't you, and thanks for digging this up.

One Sharp Marble is the man I'm looking for. What do you think of your prediction now.........Funny, when we made this bet, I was sure about Philly but nots so sure about our Habs. And here we are gunning for 1st. NICE!!!

THE BET

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?show...mp;#entry229225

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

Expect the Big line to be ready Saturday. Now that is going to be a great friggn game. Depending on Price's play against the Leafs, if I was Carbo I think I might be leaning towards Price for Saturday as well.

I disagree. No matter what happens's tonight, I think Huet will be back in nets on Saturday. He is our NUMBER 1 goalie.. Not Price.

Huet has been playing like a madman over the past month, he deserves to play against the Hens. From now to the end of the season(28 games), my guess is that Huet will get about 20 starts and Price will get 8 starts.

We play the Leafs next so it will bring us evn closer to Ottawa and Maybe even ahead of them.

Let's not get TOO cocky. WE have to start by beating the Leaves, once that will be accomplished then maybe we can dream of passing the hens for top spot!

Edited by Habsfan

Too bad we didn't beat the Rangers or the Caps when we should have and even the Leafs tonight. Oh well...........Ottawa won and picked up two points so we are back three again as we get ready to play them on Saturday.

I STILL BELIEVE!!!!!!!

GOHABSGO!!!!!!!!!!

I do apologize Fanpuck ...it wasn't you, and thanks for digging this up.

One Sharp Marble is the man I'm looking for. What do you think of your prediction now.........Funny, when we made this bet, I was sure about Philly but nots so sure about our Habs. And here we are gunning for 1st. NICE!!!

THE BET

http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?show...mp;#entry229225

Haha I remember that bet well. I don't think they got Briere at the time but thats ok. There is still 28 games to go so don't get cocky. I am still waiting for Biron to realize he is a bad goalie afterall.