HABS CLINCH EAST!

SAKS-AVENUE

Too bad we didn't beat the Rangers or the Caps when we should have and even the Leafs tonight. Oh well...........Ottawa won and picked up two points so we are back three again as we get ready to play them on Saturday.

I STILL BELIEVE!!!!!!!

GOHABSGO!!!!!!!!!!

The Florida road trip is going to set the tone. Look how they responded after they swept through there in December.

We also have the west coast trip to take, that will also be a tough one.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Florida road trip is going to set the tone. Look how they responded after they swept through there in December.

We also have the west coast trip to take, that will also be a tough one.

The trip to Florida scares me a helluva lot more that the tripout west. The Habs can skate pretty damn fast, we can not only keep up with western skating teams, but we can out skate them most nights.

It all depends on which habs team that will show up on that night.

AS far as this thread is concerned, I will no longer post here. Some of us are gettin' cocky and I also happen to believe that this thread is jinxing it for our boys! :wacko:

The trip to Florida scares me a helluva lot more that the tripout west. The Habs can skate pretty damn fast, we can not only keep up with western skating teams, but we can out skate them most nights.

It all depends on which habs team that will show up on that night.

AS far as this thread is concerned, I will no longer post here. Some of us are gettin' cocky and I also happen to believe that this thread is jinxing it for our boys! :wacko:

No more cocky than a Habs fan chanting Leafs suck and Sixty-seven in a game that they were losing and eventually lost.

This thread was made to cheer the team on. That's it that's all. Just for the growth of this team to chase first is a huge stepping stone, to at least taste it even for a week would be a huge confidence builder for the whole team. Chasing first at least shows they are not afraid, and not looking behind themselves to see who's breathing down their back.

As far as a jinx? You probably believe that saying SHUTOUT out loud jinx's your goalie out of a shut-out. Well considering on average a goalie has 3 shut-outs a year that gives you 79 games that you will probably be right. How brave of you............

This thread brings good luck. Just make sure you come into it and post one little RAW RAW BLURB before every game.

At least we haven't had to break out the "Playoffs Or Bust" thread. If we don't keep chasing 1st we might have to.

GOHABSGO!!!!!!!

Haha I remember that bet well. I don't think they got Briere at the time but thats ok. There is still 28 games to go so don't get cocky. I am still waiting for Biron to realize he is a bad goalie afterall.

Briere signed on July 1, bet was on July 10...

but I hope OSM wins. Would love to see the Flyers crap out.

No more cocky than a Habs fan chanting Leafs suck and Sixty-seven in a game that they were losing and eventually lost.

This thread was made to cheer the team on. That's it that's all. Just for the growth of this team to chase first is a huge stepping stone, to at least taste it even for a week would be a huge confidence builder for the whole team. Chasing first at least shows they are not afraid, and not looking behind themselves to see who's breathing down their back.

As far as a jinx? You probably believe that saying SHUTOUT out loud jinx's your goalie out of a shut-out. Well considering on average a goalie has 3 shut-outs a year that gives you 79 games that you will probably be right. How brave of you............

This thread brings good luck. Just make sure you come into it and post one little RAW RAW BLURB before every game.

At least we haven't had to break out the "Playoffs Or Bust" thread. If we don't keep chasing 1st we might have to.

GOHABSGO!!!!!!!

What an asshole! :angry:

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

HHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

TONIGHTS THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOHABSGO!!!!!!

Worked last time!!!!!!! Let's go boys let's crawl back in it. Let's show the Sens that they need to worry!!!!!!!

Well, so much for that.

We were spanked - hard - by a seasoned Stanley Cup Finalist, with all its key elements back, anxious to lay a whuppin' on the up and coming young upstarts.

It was a longshot to start with. I say the team just get back to basics, playing good all-around hockey, and let the standings list as they will. It's not our time to unseat the league's elite....

...yet. ;)

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Coming in for a little pre-game raw, raw.

4pts behind the Sens. They are playing Devils tonight who beat them last week in overtime. We simply need to kill Philly or they will leap frog over us. Important to keep looking forward.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO DEVILS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TONIGHTS THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if I'm the only one, I haven't given up hope. I want first place even if it's only for a day this year. Maybe it's time to start cheering on Pittsburgh. If we can knock Ottawa down to fourth or fifth maybe they can duke it out with Jersey. I want the division either way.

I guess I'll see some more peeps here soon.......... you bunch of 1st place bandwagoneers..........kidding :lol:

Ottawa-73 pts

Montreal-71 pts

With a win tomorrow we can be tied for first, Ottawa doesn't play. That would be nice for a day or two.

Even if I'm the only one, I haven't given up hope. I want first place even if it's only for a day this year. Maybe it's time to start cheering on Pittsburgh. If we can knock Ottawa down to fourth or fifth maybe they can duke it out with Jersey. I want the division either way.

I guess I'll see some more peeps here soon.......... you bunch of 1st place bandwagoneers..........kidding :lol:

Ottawa-73 pts

Montreal-71 pts

With a win tomorrow we can be tied for first, Ottawa doesn't play. That would be nice for a day or two.

It's like Rocky IV....The Sens are cut, the Sens are cut. They are vulnerable, but I am still not sold that the habs have it in the tank.

We definitely have a shot though.

Not with our sudden lack of 'O'. Their 1 line is better than our 1 line.

Nice to see a bit of sweat on them, though. Ahead of schedule.

Hey we win tomorrow and we are in first. This isn't about Tsn analysts. Do we have what it takes? Bla bla bla

It's about being in first place IN FEBUARY I'm friggin stoked about tomorrow even if it is with one more game then Ottawa.

We need to win tomorrow regardless.

Hey we win tomorrow and we are in first. This isn't about Tsn analysts. Do we have what it takes? Bla bla bla

It's about being in first place IN FEBUARY I'm friggin stoked about tomorrow even if it is with one more game then Ottawa.

We need to win tomorrow regardless.

It will go along way to change the culture of the team and the fanbase if they finish up slugging it out with the elite of the east

and not fighting for their lives in the last week. Let's hope that they can finish up strong and help heal all the wounds of previous

choke jobs.

Like I said earlier, I'm eyeing on passing them in the final 2 weeks of the year. The season is a marathon. Technically, we'd be tied in points with them though they'd still be in first due to points percentage if we beat Philly tomorrow. A win tomorrow would place us ahead of Jersey, though they'd have a game in hand.

I know it would be cool for the Habs to finish first, and this is not negativity but do you guys believe 1st would be too much pressure on this young team?

Yeah, I agree. If we do end up in 1st it would be more a story of Ottawa's bad goaltending, and how there aren't any complete teams in the East ready to take the reins. This team we have now is a playoff team, but not an elite team. The expectations would be sky high for not only this postseason, but next year as well. I don't think that pressure is good for a young team. The way that I would be happy with sky high expectations is if we earned them by winning a round or two in the playoffs. But we're not a team deserving of a 1st place seed yet, and it's better if the fanbase thinks reasonably about where the team is at.

What, you think I'm disappointed we're this close now? I just don't think right now, going head-to-head, we're better than the Sens - because their one line that scores is better than our one line that scores. As much as I'd like to, I can't really put our goaltending that much ahead of theirs (not quite yet - future notwithstanding).

But as I stated, it's brilliant to be here now; what we want is for Carbo, Kirk, Jarvis, Gainey, et al to make sure our pretty young team realises that the focus is to progress, to keep working harder than the other team, without letup. I think if we do end up first, we will have deserved it; but it becomes imperative at that point for our coaching staff to keep the team level-headed; to remind them that the difference in standings in the East, at the end, is almost literally two or three lucky / unlucky bounces or calls; that we are not a monster ass-kicker but a team that must combine our flair with the ethic that takes team to the next level; that a blocked 40-footer by a Bouillon is equally important as a dazzling toe-drag by a Kovalev.

And as I stated, it's great to see us what I would think is a year ahead of schedule. Let's face it, whether you thought we'd make the playoffs or not (I did - somewhere around 7th or 8th), you would have pissed yourself with glee if the devil had offered us two points out of first come mid-Feb. In fact I've just looked over that blood-signed contract and checked my pants and...

I know it would be cool for the Habs to finish first, and this is not negativity but do you guys believe 1st would be too much pressure on this young team?

It might be, but we won't know that answer unless they grab first. With that said I wouldn't mind finding out. Who knows Saku might open up the paper and say "Holyshit!!!!!! We're in first!!!!!! I better start trying........Lights out........

Good for this young team to be growing so quckly.......It's all a welcome learning curve. I don't think that even in first place any of the Habs would think they are better then the Sens. If anything it would fuel confidence to shut down that line and know that they can be beaten. All good things.

Pre-game RAW RAW!!!!!!!!!!

GOHABSGO!!!!!!!!!!

It's simple today. No out of town scoreboard to keep our eyes on. Win and we are tied for first!!!!!!!

Another good thing is, If we can win tonight the next Sens game will be against the Flyers who will really be hungry for a win.If I'm not mistaken Philli has beat the Sens both times they've played this year. Anyway first things first a solid effort and two points tonight!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

Enjoy it for a few days boys. Hopefully Philli can get it together and beat the Sens next week. For now we are tied and in first place.

Congratulations! Boys!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations Carbo!!!!

Who cares about that game lets just hope the Habs can play hard against a Rangers team that has owned them this season.