HABS CLINCH EAST!

SAKS-AVENUE

This is so sweet. I've waited SO long for the Habs of my youth to return - a team that is perenially among the NHL elite. This team is almost there, and is *certainly* a 'good team.' Hell, it's 3/4 of the way through the season and we're in first place!

Thank God for Bob! (Assuming the two aren't interchangeable :lol: )

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so sweet. I've waited SO long for the Habs of my youth to return - a team that is perenially among the NHL elite. This team is almost there, and is *certainly* a 'good team.' Hell, it's 3/4 of the way through the season and we're in first place!

Thank God for Bob! (Assuming the two aren't interchangeable :lol: )

They are Bob= God

Kovalev = Moses

Price = Jesus

They are Bob= God

Kovalev = Moses

Price = Jesus

A religious person might further add this equation:

Blasphemy = missing the playoffs :P

Comin in for an early RAW RAW!!!!!!!

The division lead is there for us to keep pace with. The conference lead is there to keep pace with as well ,except we now have a new friend. The New Jersey Devils, and don't forget the Pens, they are not far behind. I hope the boys hang tough and fight for first and not feel lucky they are not fighting for 8th because that battle is only a losing streak/mini slump away.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PHILLI GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO FLORIDA GO!!!!!!!!!!

Technically we were in first place for about a minute or two :lol::clap:

standingskl5.jpg

I had to take that from the game thread and put it where it belongs.

Nice one Fat TONY!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Damn.....we look good up there!!!

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

Interesting to look at those stats. We have the 2nd best offence in the Conference. Maybe it's not so surprising we came back against those Rags :clap:

UFAs! Who needs 'em?

(However, we're 7th in goals against, which ain't great).

Interesting to look at those stats. We have the 2nd best offence in the Conference. Maybe it's not so surprising we came back against those Rags :clap:

UFAs! Who needs 'em?

(However, we're 7th in goals against, which ain't great).

Yeah thats why I want Gainey going after a defender not a forward as ou first need.

I think that Dan Boyle is about the best big name we could bring in. Hossa...no thanks. Sundin...can't see Leafs giving him away for cheap. Tanguay...Set up man not a finisher like we need. Boyle...Holy Shit those Habs are strong defensively.

I think that Dan Boyle is about the best big name we could bring in. Hossa...no thanks. Sundin...can't see Leafs giving him away for cheap. Tanguay...Set up man not a finisher like we need. Boyle...Holy Shit those Habs are strong defensively.

Exactly if the Habs get Boyle we have the best defense in the east.

Exactly if the Habs get Boyle we have the best defense in the east.

But we arguably already have the best 1-6 defence in the East (I'm not looking at stats, just players) and we've got a ton of young defenceman trying to make the jump. If we bring in Boyle and sign him long-term (he's rumoured to have asked for an 8-year deal from Tampa) then we've got our top 4 locked up for a looooong time. With Gorges and O'Byrne on the bottom pairing. Where's the opening for Carle or Valentenko or Emelin or McDonagh? And the year after we'll have another couple of guys trying to break our top 6. Bouillon will still be around, as well.

But we arguably already have the best 1-6 defence in the East (I'm not looking at stats, just players) and we've got a ton of young defenceman trying to make the jump. If we bring in Boyle and sign him long-term (he's rumoured to have asked for an 8-year deal from Tampa) then we've got our top 4 locked up for a looooong time. With Gorges and O'Byrne on the bottom pairing. Where's the opening for Carle or Valentenko or Emelin or McDonagh? And the year after we'll have another couple of guys trying to break our top 6. Bouillon will still be around, as well.

Just bring him in as a pure rental than or sign him and deal him to a team that needs help during the season.

I don't think we need a D-man to help our defensive issues, we need a good defensive forward or two. Hossa's a great two-way player.

Good for him- lets keep Hossa where he is.

No need to sacrifice our young talent in a trade.

I could see someone of Higgins' level being traded for Hossa.

If it is a roster player it wont be someone on the top 2 lines

it will be Ryder + Streit + pick or prospect.

Gainey wont trade Higgins.

Edited by JMMR

I agree that Gainey will not trade Higgins, I'd be shocked if he did. But that's the type of guy that Hossa will net in a deal, a proven roster player of some value. Which is why I'd be surprised if we got him.

Once again, I hope you guys are right. I would really hate it to see Higgins leave.

But I doubt that Ryder + Streit + a high draft pick would be enough. Like I'Ve said before, Apparently Waddell really likes Emelin in Russia.

I agree that Gainey will not trade Higgins, I'd be shocked if he did. But that's the type of guy that Hossa will net in a deal, a proven roster player of some value. Which is why I'd be surprised if we got him.

Come on.

Tell me another team that will trade a player of Higgins value it just wont happen unless Hossa is signed first.