ferguson's gone

MAK

tsn

It's a lateral move for Toronto, the next Gm won't be better.

however I feel sorry for the guy for the way it was handled.

Wow did this just happen moments ago?

About time, but won't change anything for the Laffs until ownership/management conflicts change too.

I hope the 99 year old Fletcher is in next.

however I feel sorry for the guy for the way it was handled.

Much agreed. Peddie is classless. And the whole organization is one leaky ship when it comes to the media - the status of Fletcher's talks with the Leafs was being updated by the minute, it seems. :nono:

Much agreed. Peddie is classless. And the whole organization is one leaky ship when it comes to the media - the status of Fletcher's talks with the Leafs was being updated by the minute, it seems. :nono:

They leak everything to the media to gauge public reaction. That is why they never win, you cannot build a team around the public's opinion.

THe organization is a joke, the fans are a joke and have lowered themselves to telling me that they are more succesful because they make more money than the Habs.

They will mess this up like they have for 41 years.

press conference on right now. and peddie had the balls to wis good luck to ferguson...what a f-ing hypocrite bastard.

As much as I hate the Leafs, I'm glad that this is happening and I hope that it will help them turn things around a bit... For the best (and worst) of the Habs- Leafs rivalry.

I feel it way more fulfilling to win vs a good Leafs squad than against that actual pukable bunch.

It's also way more humiliating to lose vs them right now than it would be if they were a strong team.

:clap:

As much as I hate the Leafs, I'm glad that this is happening and I hope that it will help them turn things around a bit... For the best (and worst) of the Habs- Leafs rivalry.

I feel it way more fulfilling to win vs a good Leafs squad than against that actual pukable bunch.

It's also way more humiliating to lose vs them right now than it would be if they were a strong team.

:clap:

###### that. I enjoyed the 80s a hell of alot more than I enjoyed 1999-2005

###### that. I enjoyed the 80s a hell of alot more than I enjoyed 1999-2005

perhaps but the canadiens were'nt competing with them.

Like Alexstream, I'd love to see the leafs and montreal competing on even strenght and of course watch habs trounce toronto all the time !!

perhaps but the canadiens were'nt competing with them.

Like Alexstream, I'd love to see the leafs and montreal competing on even strenght and of course watch habs trounce toronto all the time !!

No thanks. The 80s were great. It was like the Leafs were not even in the league. And I am fine with that.

They leak everything to the media to gauge public reaction.

No kidding, look at this gem from TSN:

Maple Leafs head coach Paul Maurice left the ice during practice Tuesday morning to 'get a whistle.' He was seen talking to Peddie before returning to practice.

Wow, only in Toronto. Could they have made it any more obvious? :lol:

No thanks. The 80s were great. It was like the Leafs were not even in the league. And I am fine with that.

Are we the only ones who remember how obnoxious Leaf fans are when they manage to string two wins together?

here are some pie-in-the-sky suggestions "Six hockey executives who could turn the Leafs around"... http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Hockey/article/296584

Read the very last one at the bottom of the whole page.

I don't think they have any interest in a rookie GM this time. Neither Messier or Roy will be on the short list. They plan on trying to buy a GM from a successful team. There is no cap on GM salaries, so I am waiting for them to pay some incredible amount to steal a winner.

here are some pie-in-the-sky suggestions "Six hockey executives who could turn the Leafs around"... http://www.thestar.com/Sports/Hockey/article/296584

Read the very last one at the bottom of the whole page.

What a ridiculous writer. The article he wrote specifically mentions that the Leafs will not hire a rookie GM, and then he suggests Patrick Roy. :lol:

Never in a million years.