Game Thread | Habs vs. Lightning | 12/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost the draw...

This team won a few based on Huet and the Kovalev line. But the reality is the rest of the team has been sucking for about 7 games. If Price and Huet were soft (and they were a few times), they lose. If the other team shuts down the Kovalev line, they lose. If the other team has a good PK, they lose.

I just don't see us going far this year. We have a ton of skill for sure, but I have to question the heart and character of this team. They remind me of some of those Russian teams, amazing to watch, but when the game is on the line hard work defeats them.

If Gainey can't do something to give us another scoring line AND a decent shut down guy, then the odds of making even the second round are low, imo.

Disgusting!!

Tampa definitely deserved the 2 points tonite. Just a lack of heart and effort. They better pick it up soon if they don't want to battle for a bottom playoff spot. Need some better leadership from likes of veterans Koivu, Smokes.

Just Brutal.

Well they are one game away from a panic on these boards.

They need to step up tomorrow and want it more. That is now 3 straight games with 1st place

in their sights in which the other team wanted it more.

The Sens are understandable, but to have the Leafs and Lightning playing with more desire is

certainly concerning.

And the goaltending has been shakey at best since the Isles game.

Habs MUST win tomorrow, and decisively.

<I don't see how we can win tomorrow's game. They tend to suck really bad in the second game of 2 games in 2 nights. This is really starting to look bad, not only do they lose against an AHL team from Toronto, but they lose against the second worst team in teh league.

No effort, simply pathetic. I'm almost hoping they lose a couple more games so Bob can finally make a fv.cking move!

I am disgusted!

It's as if the Habs want everything handed to them. They must realise that they need to work to earn goals. Not once did I see the boys crash the net, save on the back door plays. They were on the perimeter so much, you could have sold ad space on them.

If you can't beat TB after 2 big losses, I question this team's ability to do something notable this year. It's not too late to slide out of playoff contention.

And I agree. We need a real checking line, not this 2 4th line BS. Chips would be an improvement over Smoke at this point.

Total lack of effort tonight. Dominated against a 52 point team.

Cant be inspired to play when you have no confidence in your goalie and that is why they tensed up also they need Hamrlik back.

I really HOPE PRICE AND HAMRLIK and playing tomorrow.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Huet...not great, but he kept them in the game in the second and third...so overall he was average at least.

Ryder....useless.

Koivu....useless.

This is killing the team: even on a night when Higgins showed some jump at times, these two BUMS floated around out there and contributed next to nothing.

Let's be greatful we play tomorrow night. It gives the team a chance for a quick turn around.

The Bad news? Florida should come out unified with the recent freak accident to one, Richard Zednik. And yeah, Florida seems to have our number.

How many times to Tampa win the battle on the boards and find someone WIDE OPEN IN THE SLOT???

Poor defensive coverage, and no breakout offence. Funny that should happen in a game without both Hamrlik and Streit on the blueline.

If Gainey can't do something to give us another scoring line AND a decent shut down guy, then the odds of making even the second round are low, imo.

I agree, i just don't see how they can even win a first round series. Then again we're only 6 points in front of 9th place...The Playoffs aren't even a sure thing! I hope this isn'T the biginning of a horrible losing streak like last year!

If Gainey makes a move it better be for draft picks. I don't wanna see Sergei Kostitsyn or Higgins or any young guys we have right now on the team go for some old, lame ass, overpaid, "no way I'm signing with you next year" dude.

We are starting to lose our leads every damn game. WTF is going on ?

Hamrlik is much more important to the team than I thought