Miracle in Montreal | Habs vs. Rangers | 19/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn that Habsfan sure picked the right game to attend..

Historical mind-blowing 6-5 comeback non-stop action thriller. How was it from the stands, Habsfan? Give us the review ;)

Edited by Cataclaw

Komi on CKAC, "I was pissed off yeah I was just pissed off, what a great team effort, it was awesome we went to war for each other, you had a feeling that we were going to come back, and the guys went out there and battled hard and paid the price -- I hate these cliches (hahaha)..."

says he looked at the scoreboard and could not believe his eyes, sounds like he'd had a religious experience hehehe

I haven't been this proud since the birth of my daughter, this is amazing. I almost turned the game off at 5-0, but decided to leave it on to see if the game would get dirty. What a 3rd period! At 5-4 I had a feeling we would get the game to OT, I was nervous about the shootout though, Huet came through big time against 3 great shooters.

Damn that Habsfan sure picked the right game to attend..

Historical mind-blowing 6-5 comeback non-stop action thriller. How was it from the stands, Habsfan? Give us the review ;)

Think of the poor bastards who walked out when it was 5-0, how they must feel right now :lol::lol:

Wow, I'm completely stunned. When the game began, I was delivering pizza, so I was listening to it on the radio. When it was 5-0 I just changed the channel. When I got home I turned on RDS to check the score to find it 5-2, so I let in play in the background while i checked my e-mails. Two goals later I'm glued to my TV and another two after that I'm on the ceiling. If this doesn't establish us as a serious cup contender, I don't know what will.

This comeback will be a huge bonding moment. The celebration at the end was as if they advanced in the play-offs. I'm glad Gainey said he was not going to cough up too much in a trade.

Sometimes certain parts of a great team is the bond of individuals not leaders in stats among other NHL

ers. We have something special going on in Habsland it's important to keep it together.

At least Gainey can talk up Ryder to Waddel now and maybe land Hossa for a lot less than last week.

My head is spinning with happiness right now.....

Sounds like K-Rex was an absolute madman tonight. Love it.

Ya but almost too much. Avery and a few others were starting to get under his skin and he was getting sucked in. I'm sure he's happy now but would have been upset with himself if they lost.

Now.......Let's talk about Markov. OUT-F**CKIN-STANDING. He made a couple of poke checks in overtime and read plays that I thought were not possible. He should have been one of the stars. Big game from 79.

Well, huet is looking better on shootouts..

Nice.. kudos to Koivu and Huet tonight... and ryder.. well.. first friggin star..

Huet has stopped 6 shootout attempts in a row, gotta give him props.

Number 5 didn't quite wake the kids but it was close. That was HUGE!

Probably one of the most enjoyable games I have watched in years....after the first 5 goals of course.

They showed some huge stones tonight, I hope they can ride this wave for a couple of more weeks.

Huet, your turn. Take it away!

Huet has stopped 6 shootout attempts in a row, gotta give him props.

Number 5 didn't quite wake the kids but it was close. That was HUGE!

Probably one of the most enjoyable games I have watched in years....after the first 5 goals of course.

They showed some huge stones tonight, I hope they can ride this wave for a couple of more weeks.

Huet, your turn. Take it away!

Yep, you know Huey & Melanson have been working really hard on shootouts and it show, hats pf to both of them. As much as I love Price, I'll be more than happy to watch Huet win 10 in a row :lol:

YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TREMENDOUS comeback. I tuned in at 5-2 and was happy to see that Ryder'd scored...in the back of my mind, like the fans in the Bell Centre apparently, was the idea that this team was not like those of past seasons - this was a GOOD team and that, therefore, we might make a game of it. But when they made it 5-3 I still almost fell on the floor...then 5-4...how poetic that it be Ryder and KOIVU to lead the charge in this unbelievable game. It sets us up beautifully for the remaining drive to the playoffs. GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry for the inane post, it's 1/2 hour later and I'm still excited

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber