Miracle in Montreal | Habs vs. Rangers | 19/02/08

Cataclaw

I have never seen anyhting like that. What a comeback.

I have also never seen a team look so bad for 30-35 minutes then wake up and totally dominate.

I'm still not sure sure about the negatives and the positives in this one, obviously great win, great comeback, should be a momentum builder, 10 wins will be a lock for the playoffs.

But on the other hand, what the heck was that first 35 minutes? That was the worst hockey i've seen in a long time.

So let's hope this is the beginning of something special, i'm still not a complete beleiver until they wrap up a spot in the playoffs, 10 years of collapsing has caused that.

Sometimes a team has your number and when Ryder coughed that puck up and Dubinski scored a bad goal on Price the air was out of the sails sometimes bad goals are back breakers, thankfully tonight the boys recovered well.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Props to anybody who standed up in the locker room between the 2nd and the 3rd

Apparently, Muller said a few words between the 2nd and the 3rd. he told teh guys they ahd nothing left to lose and a few other words. Looks like the boys were listening!

I just wish somebody could have totally leveled Avery in the boards...but the little bastard got away from this game without too many bruises.

After a game like this, and after the fact we're sitting tied at first in the East, you have to wonder... should we really break up this team and its chemistry to pull off a trade? I'm not even sure of this anymore...

After a game like this, and after the fact we're sitting tied at first in the East, you have to wonder... should we really break up this team and its chemistry to pull off a trade? I'm not even sure of this anymore...

Yeah, if you bring in a Sundin/Hossa you have to worry about the alpha dogs clashing.

I could see Mats coming in and fitting in well though, but I don't want any rentals. This is not the Joe Juneau, Gilmour, Dackell years.

As much as you take your shot when you get it, this team is built for the future and you do not want to mortgage a 5 year run for a 1 year run

while rebuilding a main rival at the same time.

Secondary prospects and 2nd-3rd rounders is all I would pay for Sundin. Hossa? I am off that bandwagon now.

I think I would be happier with Gratton than Hossa.

Yeah, if you bring in a Sundin/Hossa you have to worry about the alpha dogs clashing.

I could see Mats coming in and fitting in well though, but I don't want any rentals. This is not the Joe Juneau, Gilmour, Dackell years.

As much as you take your shot when you get it, this team is built for the future and you do not want to mortgage a 5 year run for a 1 year run

while rebuilding a main rival at the same time.

Secondary prospects and 2nd-3rd rounders is all I would pay for Sundin. Hossa? I am off that bandwagon now.

I think I would be happier with Gratton than Hossa.

Not me Gratton is overrated.

Not me Gratton is overrated.

Well Gratton costs you nothing, Hossa costs you Higgins possibly.

Boyle, well seing as I share the same last name and would be off ordering the jersey the second it was announced,

I wouldn't want to see the price in picking him up.

BUt like I said in another thread, I trust Gainey and Timmons. So if they do acquire Hossa it will not be a snap decision,

it will have been discussed for months.

I trust the Habs hockey staff. If they bring in someone, it'll be someone who'll have to fit in the team concept. And it won't be just a rental. And Gainey said he doesn't want to touch the core of the team.

I'm thinking anyone in Hamilton is up for grabs though... that means possibly Chipchura, Valentenko, Halak, D'Agostini...

Gratton is big moron with 0 hockey sense. Not what we want.

If what you're looking for is just a big checking center, go for Holik. Was instrumental in winning two Cups in NJ and still has some good hockey in him.

Edited by KoZed

I'm thinking anyone in Hamilton is up for grabs though... that means possibly Chipchura, Valentenko, Halak, D'Agostini...

Chips is virtually an untouchable right now barring a Crosby Ovechkin or Phaneuf which we all know is impossible Gainey will not move him.

Chipchura will suprise a lot of Canadiens fans, he is the 3rd line centre that wins cups you can see it, he alredy plays like a vet of 10 years.

Chips is virtually an untouchable right now barring a Crosby Ovechkin or Phaneuf which we all know is impossible Gainey will not move him.

I think you're possibly overrating Chips. No doubt he has the potential to be good for many years; but "untouchable" or Crosby-Ovechkin-Phaneuf level is exagerated.

That being said, I'd be thrilled to have a 1-2 checking centers punch of Lapierre-Chipchura for years to come.

Yeah, the miracle in Montreal sounds about right to me. I know I'll never forget this game! :clap:

First post but I have been a habs fan since the early 50's. Unbelievable.!!!

I live in vancouver now, but my Habs loyalty will never die. Saw the game on RDS via my starchoice satellite. Worth the dough to get all 82 habs games.

I am so psyched right now LOL :hlogo: :clap: :hlogo:

Pinch me because I know we lost last night. I was watching the game and didn't post. Had some pops and watched Jagr do his damage. The game was lost. We sucked. The Rag$ won, right?

Pinch me. :lol:

bermj9.png

GOOD TIMES :hlogo:

You've probably already seen this youtube vid but considering the occasion I decided to link "The Glory". I did not make this.

The Glory

I could see Mats coming in and fitting in well though, but I don't want any rentals.

As much as I'd like to see Mats in Montreal, let's not kid ourselves here, Toronto would never trade him to Montreal...plus Mats would cost us way too much in draft picks adn young talent, for just a few months work. We all know he's gonna re-sign with Toronto next year.

I agree with KoZeD, I don't think Chipchura is an "untouchable".

He'll be a great 3rd line centre in a couple of years, but he isn't an untouchable!

Edited by Habsfan

I think you're possibly overrating Chips. No doubt he has the potential to be good for many years; but "untouchable" or Crosby-Ovechkin-Phaneuf level is exagerated.

That being said, I'd be thrilled to have a 1-2 checking centers punch of Lapierre-Chipchura for years to come.

As much as I'd like to see Mats in Montreal, let's not kid ourselves here, Toronto would never trade him to Montreal...plus Mats would cost us way too much money for a few months. We all know he's gonna re-sign with Toronto next year.

I agree with KoZeD, I don't think Chipchura is an "untouchable".

He'll be a great 3rd line centre in a couple of years, but he isn't an untouchable!

So you guys would really trade Chips for a rental?

I never mentionned a rental. And NEVER would I trade a kid for a rental...

... but say an impact player in his prime and who would agree before the trade to sign an extension for 3, 4 more years? Like a Brad Richards or a Marian Hossa? I'd think long and hard about it.

I highly doubt Gainey would trade Chippy for a rental. Securing the rental as they did with the Balej for Kovalev deal and Kovy resigning as an example is something BOb might do with Chips. I'd hate to see him go but you don't get something for nothing. Having said that - IMO, BOb won't move Chipchura.

I'm proud of our guys.

But in any other city in any other building this could never have happened. Thanks to the crowd who gave us this win. After Ryder scored the first goal and made it 5-1, they started partying like we'd just won the Stanley Cup. I was sitting at home on my couch and the cheering even got me pumped up. That momentum carried their team to a huge comeback win.

Do you think New Jersey could have pulled off a win like that in their building? Not a chance.

Well Gratton costs you nothing, Hossa costs you Higgins possibly.

Boyle, well seing as I share the same last name and would be off ordering the jersey the second it was announced,

I wouldn't want to see the price in picking him up.

BUt like I said in another thread, I trust Gainey and Timmons. So if they do acquire Hossa it will not be a snap decision,

it will have been discussed for months.

Wow, I started my own rumour!

... but say an impact player in his prime and who would agree before the trade to sign an extension for 3, 4 more years? Like a Brad Richards or a Marian Hossa? I'd think long and hard about it.

Precisely! And seeing as the Habs seem to have a decent team, UFA's might be more willing to sign long term deals here!

Precisely! And seeing as the Habs seem to have a decent team, UFA's might be more willing to sign long term deals here!

BUT the payroll is always the problem. You get a 7M+ forward, you might not have a problem this year; but you need to free up salary

next year AND take into account the raises you'll give to all your RFAs who broke out this year.

Can't only be a hockey decision; also has to be a financial one.

"it couldn't have mattered less who was on the ice for the Blueshirts, for not a single line or defense pairing was able to cope with Montreal" - NY Post

So many great quotes after the game.

Woww... just woww.... I wasn't able to get online last night so I'm a bit late here...

That was one of the most awesome games I've ever seen. It felt like a playoff victory. The fans really showed their appreciation for this year's team, they were loud as hell at 5-1. I told myself that it would be hopeless if it went to 6-0. Goddamn, we got ourselves a team here.