Game Thread | Habs vs. Thrashers | 26/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime the Habs lose I am going to have to hear about this deal. I am excited to see Halak

and Price. These guys are the future.

If they play well, you won't 'hear about' anything. If neither of them can play well consistently, then yeah...Bob's call to trade Huet is going to be questioned...and rightly so. For the record, I'm excited to see what Halak can do also.

Edited by sbhatt

Let's hope grabs continues his pace in the NHL and everyone can stop crying. We have a good team kids.......

We are O.K. Just because we didn't make a trade doesn't mean we can't finish well this year. Actually if we can get hot, not trading could be the best thing that happend.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

I imagine the next 20 games are going to be a blast.

Anytime the Habs lose I am going to have to hear about this deal. I am excited to see Halak

and Price. These guys are the future.

I am looking at bright skies, not the storm clouds everybody is forecasting.

I'm also high on the Price/Halak tandem. I've been high on Halak since his Lewiston days. We're blessed with two of the best young goalies in the league; both of them known to perform very well under pressure.

Has everyone already forgot that Halak won us 5 straight games in the stretch last year before Huet lost to Toronto?

Time to move on guys, Huet is gone and I hope he gets Washington into the playoffs. Would love to see Ottawa vs Washington!

Montreal is strong in net, and I'm not sure about Desjardins netminder. Habs are determined to go young and I for one will cheer these guys on.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

seemed like a real solid first period by the boys. Hopefully we can capitalize with a PP goal at the start of the 2nd.

I wouldn'T say it was a solid period. Some guys look a bit nervous out there! But nevertheless, Price looks good, and the Kovy line looks good. Markov looks shaky(made a couple of bad passes that resulted in giveaways) and Bouillon is a bit shaky as well.

Let's go boys, pick up the pace in the second and get an early goal on the PP! :clap:

Anyone know what the waffle Waddel wanted from the Habs?

During the press conference, Gainey said that Waddell wanted 4 elements. My guess is that he was asking for Higgins, O'Byrne, Lapierre and A 1st round pick, or somebody like Emelin or McDonaugh!

During the press conference, Gainey said that Waddell wanted 4 elements. My guess is that he was asking for Higgins, O'Byrne, Lapierre and A 1st round pick, or somebody like Emelin or McDonaugh!

Thanks Habsfan.

OUCH!!!

Wow, I think he really did not want to trade with Montreal if he thought this was available.

Anyone know what the waffle Waddel wanted from the Habs?

I'm pretty sure he wanted higgins, but here were some of the rumored packages...

Ryder, Halak, 2nd

Ryder, Striet, 1st

McDonaugh, Grabovski, 1st

Bob would have traded those packs, but here is what Waddle wanted...

Higgins, Grabs/McDonaugh/Obyrne, 1st

Just MHO.

Boston 2 ottawa 0

Go BEES!