How are you RIGHT NOW ?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Are you more...

• Happy
    • Sad
    • Angry
    • Dissapointed
    • Confused

I'm really nothing right now. I am not ecstatic, but I am not sad or angry or anything like that.

I would have liked something in the defensive centre variety, but there weren't a lot of those for sale. It will be interesting to see how Grabovski is integrated into our lineup and whether we see Chips again this year.

I like the team as constituted, especially if the Koivu group continues to wake up. I like our team for this year and next.

Happy the youth stayed...and we continue to improve...

Glad we didnt sell the world for a rental (first i was bummed, but when i saw what Pitts gave up i came to senses. Its good this way)

Glad the Price and Halak will get more experience. Its not that Huet was much better, then you should go with youth!

Kinda Bummed we only got a second rounder for Huet, i still believe we could get more for him.

And i finally understand why Ryder hasnt been moved. Yesterday i was clueless..

But we could have a late pick for him, cuz at the moment he has no value.

Or he could finally get out of that slump and perform for us (thats more important than a late average pick, cuz we have youth enough)

If you doesnt excell, we got youth to take his place...

So the best decission is to keep him and see where it goes!

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Anaheim lost their goalie to Phoenix for nothing.. at least we got a 2ndrounder for ours.

No clue why people keep bringing up Bryzgalov. Do you not know why Burke didnt get anything for him? Thats right because nobody wanted to trade for him because he was a UFA next year so Burke waived him (which he didnt clear) so he ended up in Phoenix. So note this: Huet is a UFA next year and a team was willing to trade for him. :P

Why would you get into negotiations with only 20 games left in regular season? I doubt if either side wants to do that.

For all the people who love trading would be UFA's away at trade deadlines then why arent any of you people bitching aboot Striet? :rolleyes:

Bob seriously needs to start negotiating with players during the season. i.e. Striet should have been resigned or traded yesterday. Ironically a lot of Habs fans are still bitching that Bob didnt trade Souray and how is Striet any different?

Gainey is Not going to be fired for trading Huet, for not trading Ryder and not getting Hossa.

umm, so if the Habs fail to make the playoffs this year and next because he traded away their starting goalie you really think Bob will still be the Habs GM? :unsure:

No clue why people keep bringing up Bryzgalov. Do you not know why Burke didnt get anything for him? Thats right because nobody wanted to trade for him because he was a UFA next year so Burke waived him (which he didnt clear) so he ended up in Phoenix. So note this: Huet is a UFA next year and a team was willing to trade for him. :P

For all the people who love trading would be UFA's away at trade deadlines then why arent any of you people bitching aboot Striet? :rolleyes:

Bob seriously needs to start negotiating with players during the season. i.e. Striet should have been resigned or traded yesterday. Ironically a lot of Habs fans are still bitching that Bob didnt trade Souray and how is Striet any different?

umm, so if the Habs fail to make the playoffs this year and next because he traded away their starting goalie you really think Bob will still be the Habs GM? :unsure:

If any team misses the playoffs 2 years in a row when setting a goal to make them most GMs would be fired... but we arent going to miss the playoffs this year and neither next year so no worries... I trust Gainey. How long wasnt Houle allowed to be GM even though making this team fall apart.

No, BG won't be fired if they don't make it. This is the best this team has looked in numerous years. However you won't see any UFA's resigned. Streit is totally expendable, he hits the net 1 out of 15 shots, he's not good enough for the top 6 D, he is wasting a spot for a fighter, Pker or grinder. Yep i said it, the habs need to be tougher and grittier to move to the next step.

SK can man the point for him next year. I fully expect Emilin to be signed and split time with Bouillon until he is ready.

You do realize that the Habs failed to miss the playoffs last year right? so if they miss this year, and next year (which their are allegedly supposed to win the Cup) that Bob has such great job security that he wont be fired?

If the Habs fail to make the playoffs for 3 straight years then clearly Bob isnt the brain trust saviour everyone makes him out to be.

If Striet isnt part of the long term plans then why is he still wearing the CH?

Dalhabs your right its not very likely to happen, but its not completely impossible though and could happen. Dealing away Huet is not without risk, and the risk failing to make the playoffs this year, and possibly next.

Chris the Habs had a great team last year to, so whats your point? Its not like they were playoff bound last year. Its not horseshoes, hand grenades, or thermal nuclear devices. Its Hockey and in Hockey close doesnt cut it.

Last years team stunk. They are significantly better this year.

If you can't see them as a better team, there is nothing i can do.

They have the playoffs like 3 or 4 times in the last 10. Those teams were equally as bad.

:

You could be right or possibly Burke did not want to trade within the conference at that stage of the season and he needed to clear cap space pronto.

But I doubt he could have got a 2nd for him at that point in the season.

Ilya has about the same stats as HUet.

Yesterday I was disappointed. I was disappointed because we failed to add that big name player.

Today I am happy. Happy because we didn't pay an unreasonable amount for hossa. Happy that Bob was able to get something decent for Huet, I think Bob's comments sum up that trade perfectly. "We have been evaluating Huet all season long, thinking about signing him long term. Today's trade was a reflection of that evaluation". :clap:

yesterday I was really pissed off...but i've cooled down now. I now see how much they wanted for Hossa, and I agree that was an unreasonable asking price for hossa. But hey we now have got some cap space to still get an impact player in the off season.