Game Thread | Habs vs. Islanders | 15/03/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16th of the season for Lats... 15th at even-strength, top on the team.

4 in 9 games to get 20, think he can do it?

That stat gives me a lot of hope for Gui

16th of the season for Lats... 15th at even-strength, top on the team.

4 in 9 games to get 20, think he can do it?

If he stays with Koivu.. I think he can!

And a goaltending controversy is born.

Halak played great, as did the team in front of him. I would be surprised to see Price in Goal vs St. Louis. However, I'm quite confident in both our goalies during this final stretch.

:clap:

Hehe. Me too, I'm extatic about our goalies. I always pushed for Jaro because he's the less-hyped of the two, but I could go 10 years with those two.

... and to think we have 4 ex-goalies who are #1 around the league (Huet, Theo, Vokoun, Garon). We're a goalie factory.

Hehe. Me too, I'm extatic about our goalies. I always pushed for Jaro because he's the less-hyped of the two, but I could go 10 years with those two.

... and to think we have 4 ex-goalies who are #1 around the league (Huet, Theo, Vokoun, Garon). We're a goalie factory.

Yep, I love it!

Also blueshirts are losing 2-0. Awesome. We also tied Dallas for 4th overall!

Great game tonite by our unsung heros, namely Higgins, Gorges, my boy Kostopoulos and Ryder!!

I really think i'm gonna have to cut down my sleep to 3 hrs a night from April till June...

Oh, and Lord forbid they make it to the final i"m liable to fly back to Mtl just to feel the magic.

Nice win tonite to pick up the 2 points. It was just a matter of the Habs better talent leading the way to victory. Easily could have had 2 or 3 more goals in the 3rd. Higgins had a bunch of chances including a post. Very good game by Halak in picking up the shutout. I have to admit it was one of the better games for Smokes and Kostopolo on the 4th line with Streit. Even they could have had a goal to two.

Great game tonite by our unsung heros, namely Higgins, Gorges, my boy Kostopoulos and Ryder!!

I really think i'm gonna have to cut down my sleep to 3 hrs a night from April till June...

Oh, and Lord forbid they make it to the final i"m liable to fly back to Mtl just to feel the magic.

I know if they win the CUp I will be packing up my son and dumping work to hit the parade.

It reminds me some of the great duos: Billy Smith and Chico Resch, or Grant Fuhr and Andy Moog. Price and Halak are very young, talented and hard working. We are lucky to have them both.

Edited by JCPetit

Price will start the next game. He is the starter, there is no controversy

Isn't hilarious how badly some Habs fans want a goalie controversy?!?! How about looking at it as two hungry young goalies playing well with a combined salary considerably less than Andrew "ride the pines" Raycroft. People need to embrace and revel in the fact that once again, we have two goalies that can play at a high level. Geezus people, if you need that much tawdry drama in your life start watching days of our lives :rolleyes:

Nice game Jaro! Go Habs Go!!!

While I agree that there is no controversy as to who our #1 goaltender is, I'm not a big fan of switching goalies after a shutout. A goalie should continue to start as long as he has a shutout streak going.